Sponsored

What specs would you get?

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Been looking to see what I’d go with for the new car when I trade it in soon, and so far I have either carbonized gray or rapid red as the color, 401a group, A10, black accent package, B&O sound, and either active exhaust, or active ride handling. They said if I wanted to keep my exhaust they’d switch it over at no cost.

The car is a daily and won’t ever see any track time which is why I’m going back to A10 and not going with track pack.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Been looking to see what I’d go with for the new car when I trade it in soon, and so far I have either carbonized gray or rapid red as the color, 401a group, A10, black accent package, B&O sound, and either active exhaust, or active ride handling. They said if I wanted to keep my exhaust they’d switch it over at no cost.

The car is a daily and won’t ever see any track time which is why I’m going back to A10 and not going with track pack.
I'd wait until we know the specs on the 2023's before deciding if it was me.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd wait until we know the specs on the 2023's before deciding if it was me.
With the chip shortage still going on and people not even able to build 2022’s yet, I doubt the new platform will come out until 2024.

Even if it does come out, I learned to not buy the first release of anything.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
strip all the gratuitous options out and buy a 301/400 stripper. You're getting raped by options pricing. The options you listed are craptastic to begin with, and all can be had for fraction of the cost after the fact and of vastly better quality.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
strip all the gratuitous options out and buy a 301/400 stripper. You're getting raped by options pricing. All the features you listed can be had for fraction of the cost after the fact and are of vastly better quality.
I have a 301a currently and it has the most dogshit build quality. The dealership can’t fix it and they are buying it back for what I paid for and giving me 8k off the new one I build PLUS whatever other incentives they have.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 301a currently and it has the most dogshit build quality.
the 400/401A aren't any better, necessarily. It's up to the assembler to do their job correctly.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the 400/401A aren't any better, necessarily. It's up to the assembler to do their job correctly.
You’re not wrong, but I’ve seen less issues with the 401a. I get that it’s hit or miss, but if I’m going to have to endure the issue because I love the car, I may as well suffer with the features I want, lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well 8K in free money does change the calculous a 'bit'.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. Dealers were throwing 8K at me on GT verts in the fall but I couldn't find a quiet exhaust solution. Now glad with oil prices where they are.

Threw the 8K into oil stock that Im up 200 % on after today's 18% gain. Now I want V8 even more to suck more gas haha...support the cause.
Yeah I’m getting an additional 8k, plus incentives, free gap and extended, 1,500 off for building, they are covering destination charge, and I’m getting the owners discount on top.

Sometimes it pays to be loyal to one dealership.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VIP service. I always buy service and sales mgmt bottles at Xmas. They remember.
Yup. My dad bought 4 different trucks from them in the past year and I’ve bought 3 cars from them in the past couple. It’s hard to find a dealership who remembers your loyalty.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
strip all the gratuitous options out and buy a 301/400 stripper. You're getting raped by options pricing. The options you listed are craptastic to begin with, and all can be had for fraction of the cost after the fact and of vastly better quality.
That's how I ordered my 17. BASE 300A GT. Sales guys don't like that haha. Plus 300+lb weight saving was awesome.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's how I ordered my 17. BASE 300A GT. Sales guys don't like that haha. Plus 300+lb weight saving was awesome.
Hell, my sales guy has been happy to just sell anything since covid lol.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you're into the dealership for half a million?
Probably why they were able to build their new service drive 😂

I only keep my cars for about a year or so at a time and they’ve bought my cars for closed to what I owed. The most I’ve ever been upside down with them is maybe $2500?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only keep my cars for about a year or so at a time and they’ve bought my cars for closed to what I owed. The most I’ve ever been upside down with them is maybe $2500?
something don't quite add up... typical first year depreciation is 20%.
That's one hell of a dealer relationship you got, in any event.
Sponsored