Sponsored

What problems does the GT350 REALLY have...

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Damn thing eats tires, brakes and gas. WTH. 😀

Mine does too! Last weekend there were stretches where I only got 5.3 mpg. I was smiling so big you could see it even with my helmet on. :clap:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Mine does too! Last weekend there were stretches where I only got 5.3 mpg. I was smiling so big you could see it even with my helmet on. :clap:
I got 10.3mpg on my last tank just running around town. First time in 6K miles I’ve checked. I just needed something to do while waiting in the gas line so I reset trip #2 then checked again on next fill up.
Cruising on the freeway will double that but where’s the fun in that.….Having a blast!

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I got 10.3mpg on my last tank just running around town. First time in 6K miles I’ve checked. I just needed something to do while waiting in the gas line so I reset trip #2 then checked again on next fill up.
Cruising on the freeway will double that but where’s the fun in that.….Having a blast!
Agreed. After getting 5 on the track I followed my buddy up the interstate and got 24.5 on the way home. Big difference between 8000 rpm and 2500.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Agreed. After getting 5 on the track I followed my buddy up the interstate and got 24.5 on the way home. Big difference between 8000 rpm and 2500.
There is really something cool about a car that gives you a low fuel warning when you have 1/3 tank of fuel remaining !

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Wow, I’m really happy then with 50% better fuel mileage at the track. This was my mileage after an HPDE afternoon session at Mid-Ohio. Almost ran out of gas……

5242ACA0-51E3-4C48-B504-59FD0A8C4959.jpeg

212FB6C9-8F1C-4AC6-A587-2ABA7E02FBEA.jpeg

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Weak timing chain setup.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Whenever I search threads on it, it seems like the soft clicking under hard cornering G's has not been deterministically understood.

Some people say its hubs, some people say its wheel mounting/lugs, some people say its half shafts, some people admit we have no idea.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Weak timing chain setup.
Do you mean the issue with the tensioner not being activated on some cars? I wouldn't call that a weak timing chain setup, lol. In general, this same timing chain and vvt design has been in service for years - it's very robust.

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350
I just bought a 2017 GT350 CPO from a dealer with a little over 5K miles. Car is in immaculate condition, and puts a stupid grin on my face any time I start it up and drive it. I researched the hell out of these before I bought one, and for peace of mind even though this came CPO through a reputable Ford dealership, I went ahead and purchased an additional 60k/6year warranty through the dealer from a company called Zurich. I see excellent reviews for that company online, but someone gave me a little heart palpitation about the engine potentially not being covered. I'm looking all over the forums trying to find some info on what warranty companies will stand behind these big engine issues - I paid a lot of money for that warranty and I'll be pretty angry if they were to balk at a common problem on this car. Anyway - any help is happily accepted!

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I just bought a 2017 GT350 CPO from a dealer with a little over 5K miles. Car is in immaculate condition, and puts a stupid grin on my face any time I start it up and drive it. I researched the hell out of these before I bought one, and for peace of mind even though this came CPO through a reputable Ford dealership, I went ahead and purchased an additional 60k/6year warranty through the dealer from a company called Zurich. I see excellent reviews for that company online, but someone gave me a little heart palpitation about the engine potentially not being covered. I'm looking all over the forums trying to find some info on what warranty companies will stand behind these big engine issues - I paid a lot of money for that warranty and I'll be pretty angry if they were to balk at a common problem on this car. Anyway - any help is happily accepted!
Congrats on the new car!
Zurich seems well regarded, I wouldn't stress out about it. If you're really concerned you could look at a Ford warranty/ESP (PremiumCare, etc) from somewhere like Flood Ford. You might be able to cancel the Zurich warranty if you get a Ford warranty.

If you don't mind the question, what did you pay for your warranty?

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new car!
Zurich seems well regarded, I wouldn't stress out about it. If you're really concerned you could look at a Ford warranty/ESP (PremiumCare, etc) from somewhere like Flood Ford. You might be able to cancel the Zurich warranty if you get a Ford warranty.

If you don't mind the question, what did you pay for your warranty?
I believe I spent about 2450 on the Zurich warranty.

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Just confirmed, this warranty is listed on my bill of sale as a "Ford ESP"
Sponsored