Sponsored

What Other Cars Are You Shopping Besides the GT350?

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
Ford just needs to hurry up and release a price so we can bug the dealers and get orders in
Sponsored

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
I totally respect your enthusiasm for Mustangs, but you say "NO OTHER CAR" like there is no other choice. Look at it from our eyes, and then, Ford Motor Companies eyes....if everyone was like you there would be no real, steady, improvement on the Mustang because everyone would be a loyalist and buy Mustangs, but you see FORD wants to attract OTHER car buyers, like from Chevy, Nissan, Dodge, and maybe Porsche. I think they have done this with this car...we will see when the numbers come out, but from what most of can see, it looks like a winner. You for one should be the most proud, to have ones like me/us that WERE looking at other brands, to come over to your side...Yes?:thumbsup:
First post here! :headbang:

I agree with above. I am a car enthusiast all the way. I sponsor the local cars/coffee every month and I take an interest in all things car/MC related. that said, I've never considered a pony or muscle car...ever. Since the day I heard about the GT350, I've wanted one. I've been 4yrs in a 997tt and plan to keep it. Recently traded E92 for a truck and want another sports car. This will likely be the one. Other cars being considered are 68-73 911, GT (mercedes and ford), McLaren, Alfa 4C and a few others. Do not like GTR or Hellcat at all...

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
I love my E92 M3, Setup for the track and mean for the street....... but this GT350 is on my damn list. The car literally has it all, the looks, ability to kill it on the roadcoarse, the motor, manual Tranny, brakes, the power and its made in the USA.. Whats not to love?

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
The coolest thing about this thread is the amazing array of cars people are considering along side the GT350. I've seen m3, 911, vette, GTR, AMG ... was anybody even thinking about this level when the Boss came out? Don't think so. It just shows how far the mustang has come in one generation. Awesome.

But for my life at my salary ... Maybe i could stretch to $60k, so m3, 911, cayman, z06 are out. All my cars go to the track, so that has to be considered.

1. Focus RS (practical and track-able)
  2. s97 5.0 (for $35k I'd have a pretty awesome track car. not a GT350 though!)
  3. Mustang GT with PP. (I drove a friend's and man was it nice. It would still need suspension for the track work)
  4. z51 vette. (I know, too much $$. Wouldn't be the first time i went over budget!)

Anyway, I'm just sharing my dreams.

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
Any love here for the 2015 Dodge charger scat-pack?, Miami PD undercover friend came by the fire house showed us this thing, truly awesome sounds fantastic! 485 H/P? very very impressive.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
^ The Scat Pack is a real nice machine. It's more of a throw-back to the TRUE muscle car days, though. It isn't a road course car in the least...a GT PP (maybe even an Ecoboost on the right track) would get the best of it.

It really is in it's own segment. Great car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any love here for the 2015 Dodge charger scat-pack?, Miami PD undercover friend came by the fire house showed us this thing, truly awesome sounds fantastic! 485 H/P? very very impressive.
I love them. I should say I love the Challenger. The Charger I do like the new styling but a 4 door isn't for me. I would buy a Challenger if it were price competitive with the Mustang. I just can't see paying almost $13k more (last time I checked).

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
Hellcat Charger (Too Big/Handles Poorly)
C7 Vette with Z-51 "3" package = (75K > my 65K budget)
C7 Z06 very nice car = (93K >>>> my 65K budget)
Camaro ZL1 (YUK! Bowtie mobile) I wouldn't turn to the darkside for it!
Jaguar F Type (only R has V-8 and it is over 90k)
Basically the GT350 will give me the best bang for the buck!

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Stingray or GT4.... would be a good compromise to the GT350 at that alleged Price point.....

But my Budget is not restrained. My common sense is restraining me so just like you Mustang_lurkers...

The best bang for the buck is simply the GT350.... if the 53k MSRP does pan out.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Stingray or GT4.... would be a good compromise to the GT350 at that alleged Price point.....

But my Budget is not restrained. My common sense is restraining me so just like you Mustang_lurkers...

The best bang for the buck is simply the GT350.... if the 53k MSRP does pan out.
GT4 starts at 85K. I couldn't consider a Stingray without the Z51.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Well then... scratch that. I'm not liking Porshe anymore. Way too salty. What a pretentious brand.
Sponsored