Sponsored

What Other Cars Are You Shopping Besides the GT350?

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't the older Supra go for around 40k?
Inflation going to drive the cost up quite a bit. Just a guess. It seems like a low price given
how long it's been since the last model.
Toyota and BMW to produce the chassis. Interesting.
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I think the Supra will be in the 80K plus...if you go back in time and look at the prices of Mustang GT and look at the price of a Supra, Supra's were on average 35% higher than a Mustang. Well see....I love the sound of the V8 FPC and I will wait and see what the prices are, and then go from there..

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I don't understand threads like this--If someone wants a GT350 why would they be cross shopping? If you need a back seat why would you even think of a Vette? If you need a bigger back seat why a Mustang? Maybe because the only fun cars I've owned are Mustangs but I've never given a second thought about wanting a BMW or even a Hyundai--and I've never given a rats ass about depreciation on any car I've owned, its really not important. Of all the Mustang forums I go on this one G6.com seems to have a lot of car fans but not a large percentage of Mustang fans.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand threads like this--If someone wants a GT350 why would they be cross shopping? If you need a back seat why would you even think of a Vette? If you need a bigger back seat why a Mustang? Maybe because the only fun cars I've owned are Mustangs but I've never given a second thought about wanting a BMW or even a Hyundai--and I've never given a rats ass about depreciation on any car I've owned, its really not important. Of all the Mustang forums I go on this one G6.com seems to have a lot of car fans but not a large percentage of Mustang fans.
I will tell you why sir....its because the GT350/R is not a normal Mustang, its and higher end car that is attracting buyers from other markets, i.e Vette, GT-R, Z-28, Porsche 911's etc.....I for one would never buy by a Mustang GT, and I do not think I would drive it if you gave it to me, I would sell it... (Listen Im not trying to piss off the regular Mustang GT guys) Im just saying this FPC engine and the race suspension has got me intrigued, and listen if I can save 30K or more buying a GT350/R and have the looks, sound and handling this car is suppose to have...Im in ! This is why you have so much discussion about other cars.

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
We want to see what's comparable to the GT350. GT Might cost to much for some. Or just don't like it when seen in person. Lot's of choices out there. We want to see what can be had for the same money. Who knows what we can get for less, or a little more money. The pricing for the GT350 not set yet. We are just dreaming amongst our self's, that's all. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I for one dream about the GT350R everyday....I was going to buy something else but I have to wait to see what the retail prices are on the GT350...I can not take this waiting...but then again its better for me to wait a little longer so I can put more down..

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I will tell you why sir....its because the GT350/R is not a normal Mustang, its and higher end car that is attracting buyers from other markets, i.e Vette, GT-R, Z-28, Porsche 911's etc.....I for one would never buy by a Mustang GT, and I do not think I would drive it if you gave it to me, I would sell it... (Listen Im not trying to piss off the regular Mustang GT guys) Im just saying this FPC engine and the race suspension has got me intrigued, and listen if I can save 30K or more buying a GT350/R and have the looks, sound and handling this car is suppose to have...Im in ! This is why you have so much discussion about other cars.
This is pretty fair response and I think you have nailed the reason for me, at least. I do disagree that I will take a Mustang GT any day of the week and drive it until the wheels fall off, but my toy car will always be in a little different class than a standard GT. Hell, I have a new GT being built right now, but that is just an interim car to help me judge what I want in a GT 350 and what I do not like about the GT 350.
Before I saw the GT 350 announced, I was looking at the M4, C7 Z51, RS 5, and Z/28. I ruled out the Z/28 immediately due to lack of amenities. I want navigation. If I go on a long cruise, I don't want to get lost or run low on fuel and not no where I am at. Cell phones are not reliable in many places to find this so navigation is a must. The C7 Z51 was ruled out because of 2 things: 1) the LT1 is having a lot of issues and it worries me. 2) The depreciation rate on a "standard" Corvette is horrible. As far as price, with my military/USAA discount, I would be OTD around $61k for a 2LT Z51 built my way. Not bad. The closest car I came to purchasing was the M4. It is amazing in almost every way, except the engine sound. It is just weird sounding. The standard N55 3.0 liter in the 335's sound great when you open them up a bit but the engine in the M4 just disappointed. And for almost $75k OTD, it was truly the upper end of my budget. If I can get everything I want, and I mean everything, for mid $50's, I will buy the GT 350 in a heartbeat and keep it for a very long time.

petrolpoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1968 Shelby GT350 "tribute" (Coyote powered)
I think the Supra will be in the 80K plus...if you go back in time and look at the prices of Mustang GT and look at the price of a Supra, Supra's were on average 35% higher than a Mustang. Well see....I love the sound of the V8 FPC and I will wait and see what the prices are, and then go from there..

Here's one of several indications out there of about a $60k price tag. It's going to be going directly after C7 sales.

For Alex Shen, studio chief designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research in Newport Beach, California, the words describing the sports car's styling concept came first -- words like "sexy," "honest," "organic," "kick-ass." Followed by proportions -- front/mid-engine, rear drive, just the right scale. And a wild guess at price -- maybe $60,000? "It's a Toyota," says Shen. "It ought to be affordable."

petrolpoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1968 Shelby GT350 "tribute" (Coyote powered)

Well you seemed to have answered your own question. I'm a car enthusiast, not just a Mustang enthusiast. I was a hand shake away from buying a 2015 GT PP a couple months ago but my gut said hold off. There are a lot of cool sports cars coming out and I want to have no doubt I'm making the best decision. So for me it's a toss up at this point between a GT350, C7, M4, M2 or Supra/FT-1 if/when it comes out.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I know that pricing hasn't been released yet but, what other cars are you shopping that are in the price range that you think the GT350 will be in? The only other one that I'm looking at is the BMW M2 which I believe will be similarly priced.
My '12 Boss 302 will be getting exported soon and in replacement, I'd like to get the GT350 or maybe even the R... another car I looked at so far is the new M4 but the Shelby has the upper hand and likely a better value, IMO. It'll join my Z06 and the Porsche in the garage. I'm also glad I didn't pull the trigger on either a ZL1 or even the Z/28 since the new GT350 is a better complete package for me.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Part of what makes this forum great is that most people are car enthusiasts first and Mustang enthusiasts second. You can have reasonable discussions about the pros and cons of various vehicles and options without it turning into a troll-infested argument.

I'm still planning on the GT350, and just changed my windows desktop background from the Gen V Viper to the GT350R. Can't wait for pricing and ordering info to be released. I think it's going to be a long 6 months of anticipation.

-T

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
I for one dream about the GT350R everyday....I was going to buy something else but I have to wait to see what the retail prices are on the GT350...I can not take this waiting...but then again its better for me to wait a little longer so I can put more down..
keep dreaming :lol:

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
My '12 Boss 302 will be getting exported soon and in replacement, I'd like to get the GT350 or maybe even the R... another car I looked at so far is the new M4 but the Shelby has the upper hand and likely a better value, IMO. It'll join my Z06 and the Porsche in the garage. I'm also glad I didn't pull the trigger on either a ZL1 or even the Z/28 since the new GT350 is a better complete package for me.
My god, what a collection in your garage, what do you do?

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
i WAS going to be putting in money to reserve one this year..but I decided to build a couple of rx7's first. Ones gonna be an fc3s with a 13b-rew with a semi-pp and street ports alongside a borgwarner 9180 on 100 octane gasoline. other one is gonna be an fd3s with a 4 rotor from Defined Autoworks as a daily driver. gonna take a few years but i'll be a lot happier if I finish my projects first before I get a newer car like that. Had to think very long and hard about it.
Sponsored