Sponsored

What Other Cars Are You Shopping Besides the GT350?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
^It would seem FoMoCo should actually do some better Market research. and Prepare to smack down some dealers for turning their intended audience away. Or perhaps make many more GT350's. They might as well if they pull the BMW demographic and some of the Porshe crowd away....It would mean their recipe is indeed a winning move to take the Lions share.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
^It would seem FoMoCo should actually do some better Market research. and Prepare to smack down some dealers for turning their intended audience away. Or perhaps make many more GT350's. They might as well if they pull the BMW demographic and some of the Porshe crowd away....It would mean their recipe is indeed a winning move to take the Lions share.
I'm sure the demand for the GT350, just like any other much anticipated new sports car, will be high and Ford will ride that tide for profits (as it should). But in 6 to 12 months I'm willing to bet you can get your hands on one at MSRP.

This is what happened with the F8X M3 and M4s. Demand was high when it debuted in '14. I waited it out for 8 months and then suodenly there was many M4s on the lots and more coming in. Many of them were ordered and the owners changed their mind. Also, you could order one at MSRP or better.

Just like Dodge who is riding the Hellcat wave, so will Ford ride the GT350 wave. At the end of this year, you'll probably find Hellcats just sitting on dealer lots waiting for buyers.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I'll wait out the initial rush, but if I get tired of waiting, I'll go for a C7 Z51. M4 is an interesting option, but I'm not into the turbo. If the new Camaro turns out well, I might go for one of those.

I really hope the dealers don't screw over buyers of the GT350.

-T

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Probably an M4.

I count an adm as "not being able to order"
I agree with your second statement, depending on how much. I would probably pay some extra. Depends on how great the GT350 is in the magazine tests, what Ford's MSRP is, etc.

Jackie Chiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI SW
M4, M2, C6 ZO6, C7, Audi TTS or TT RS or RS3, CLA 45 AMG, and maybe a few more. . .

Oh yeah, Golf 400R.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
M4, C63 AMG Coupe, 13 RS5, Hellcat, 13 GT500, RC-F, used GT-R. I would just say fuck it and look for a used base model C7Z as a possibility as well if dealerships get too greedy.

Love the S550 but not enough to pass on a number of great cars on the market right now due to limited availability and markups etc.. Might just wait until MY17 next spring as well when the rush dies down. I want to see what this car does as well because brand loyalists with wishful thinking and clever marketing do not sway my purchases when spending this kind of money.

Edit..... Forgot to mention the G6 Camaro as well depending on the reveal this Saturday.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure the demand for the GT350, just like any other much anticipated new sports car, will be high and Ford will ride that tide for profits (as it should). But in 6 to 12 months I'm willing to bet you can get your hands on one at MSRP.

This is what happened with the F8X M3 and M4s. Demand was high when it debuted in '14. I waited it out for 8 months and then suodenly there was many M4s on the lots and more coming in. Many of them were ordered and the owners changed their mind. Also, you could order one at MSRP or better.

Just like Dodge who is riding the Hellcat wave, so will Ford ride the GT350 wave. At the end of this year, you'll probably find Hellcats just sitting on dealer lots waiting for buyers.

The problem here will be you're dealing with the leftovers instead of ordering it the way you want it. Unless someone else who canceled or if the dealer that ordered it on their own shared the same vision as you...You're stuck settling.

sgrinavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman S & 2013 328i
Some good lists on here.

I'm still on the fence for the GT350, RS5, M2, 911S/GTS

I might pick up a used RS5 until the dust settles and/or used Porsche prices start coming down again.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
The problem here will be you're dealing with the leftovers instead of ordering it the way you want it. Unless someone else who canceled or if the dealer that ordered it on their own shared the same vision as you...You're stuck settling.
This. I wouldn't pay MSRP for a car off of the lot if it was a compromise.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
^The Salesman will pitch ..."its a specialty, limited edition Shelby". If you don't pay it someone else will.

I hate to say it...but it will be a while before common sense kicks in on the other side of that fence.
Sponsored