What is your favorite driving mode?

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
I actually don't like Sport mode because of the throttle mapping. I usually just leave everything in the default mode. I put the dampers in sport when I know I'm going to have some fun 😅
I agree 100% on the Sport Throttle mapping. It's too jerky/responsive in my opinion. Personally, I like Normal, Sport Dampers, Sport Steering but also really like Track Mode. For some reason the throttle mapping on Track Mode doesn't seem as bad as sport. Wish I could do Normal, Track Dampers and Sport Steering together -- not sure why Track Dampers are not avail in Normal throttle mapping.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Personally, I like Normal, Sport Dampers, Sport Steering but also really like Track Mode. For some reason the throttle mapping on Track Mode doesn't seem as bad as sport.
I agree on the Track modes throttle response.
Lately, I've been favoring normal mode too, with steering and dampers in Sport mode, and of course exhaust open. I find for city type of driving, especially if there's any stop and go traffic, it's easier to control. But if I'm on a wide open highway, then Sport mode all the way.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
For some reason the throttle mapping on Track Mode doesn't seem as bad as sport... not sure why Track Dampers are not avail in Normal throttle mapping.
Track mode goes back to linear, I presume normal is also linear. Sport adjusts the curve up and wet adjusts the curve down.

Sounds like you want track mode + turn the traction control back up.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I agree 100% on the Sport Throttle mapping. It's too jerky/responsive in my opinion. Personally, I like Normal, Sport Dampers, Sport Steering but also really like Track Mode. For some reason the throttle mapping on Track Mode doesn't seem as bad as sport. Wish I could do Normal, Track Dampers and Sport Steering together -- not sure why Track Dampers are not avail in Normal throttle mapping.
Yeah as the other guy said, in Track the throttle mapping goes back to normal.

Idk why you can't do the Track mode dampers. I think there's only a minimal difference between the Sport Dampers and Track Dampers

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350

Are any of these things hackable? Like with Forscan? Maybe a Ford software update?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I find heel/toe rev matching easier in Sport mode personally

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Thank you for using small words. This math makes sense, but I sure don't understand why any manufacturer would do this.
I don’t prefer the manipulation to create the perception of additional power. Then again I’m not reluctant to put my foot down and hold it there. 😎

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I don’t prefer the manipulation to create the perception of additional power. Then again I’m not reluctant to put my foot down and hold it there. 😎

Push foot down. Go faster.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Haha yeah. If only it was that easy to buy one :)

Yeah it's a giant shell game, dealer rakes in undeserved coin, same goes for the 350.

next: @ Callieforunia

The term is "put your foot in it"

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I find heel/toe rev matching easier in Sport mode personally
Never actually thought of that, that's really good advice. Thats basically how rev matching systems work, they just cank the throttle sensitivity to the max so basically whenever you hit the pedal the RPMs go through the roof.

I'll try that next time. The throttle sensitivity in sport actually scared me last time I used it so I just have to be careful 😅

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Sport mode with normal dampeners most of the time then toggle the dampeners to sport when on a smooth road.

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Track mode with sport damper setting. I hate the non linear sport throttle. I also like less stability control. Else its normal mode with the exhaust open, it mostly depends on how lazy I feel like driving. Like after BJJ open mat I drive slllooowww.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I leave it in normal all the time, even on track.

I manually change the TC/steering/dampers/exhaust to my liking.

I don't like the throttle remapping, messes up my heel-toe and rev matching.

I wish that the throttle mapping was an independent button just like all the others, and that there were custom modes you could setup and have the car default to one of them.
Sponsored