Sponsored

What is the single best performance suspension mod you have done

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thank you :like:

I did wonder if I should drive them in with a central bolt, but worried that the diameter (M12 or M14) might be prone to breakage.

The other alternative was purchasing one of these style kits :

1701969538446.png

Then maybe selling it off after use ?

WD :like:
I used a kit like that. The auto parts stores here in the US will rent it to you. Basically you pay a deposit to ensure you'll give it back. It didn't go easy for me. I should have had a really strong impact gun or a super long ratchet.
Sponsored

Scott058

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 HP
So far, Steeda IRS braces and alignment bushing kit but that's all I've done. Car handles noticeably better.

I will know more after I install camber plates, sways, G-trac k-member brace, bump steer kit, and springs. Wheels and tires can also make a big difference.

Problem is once you start tinkering with the chassis/suspension, it can quickly get out of hand lol
I have the braces already installed. Just got the alignment kit. Did you have the car realigned after the bushing install? Thanks in advance

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Do you have the FJG Mach 1 with the HP package? I am definitely interest more in improving the handling than increasing the power in my FJG Mach 1 without that HP package
Mine is Iconic Silver and without HP. Had I bought one with HP, I would have probably left it alone but after my conversion, it should be even better (at essentially the same price the HP would have cost). The only thing I am still hesitant about is forking out $500 just to get the HP wing and gurney flap painted in the correct color.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have the braces already installed. Just got the alignment kit. Did you have the car realigned after the bushing install? Thanks in advance
Didn't think alignment was necessary but after I install camber plates, springs, bump steer kit, etc., I'll get one, anyway

Sponsored

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
I did springs/shocks same time but I would have to say, KONI yellows and Eibach lowering springs. Car didn't feel floaty at highway speeds and felt more stable.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
Mine is Iconic Silver and without HP. Had I bought one with HP, I would have probably left it alone but after my conversion, it should be even better (at essentially the same price the HP would have cost). The only thing I am still hesitant about is forking out $500 just to get the HP wing and gurney flap painted in the correct color.
I agree with you on the HP wing. Personally I donā€™t like the looks of it it too much ricer for me even though it will improve the performance. And the cost is a barrier. However thanks for the feed back once it comes out of storage next spring I will get your mods done.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I agree with you on the HP wing. Personally I donā€™t like the looks of it it too much ricer for me even though it will improve the performance. And the cost is a barrier. However thanks for the feed back once it comes out of storage next spring I will get your mods done.
I will get it painted because I want the OEM look. But Iā€™m putting on the PP2 front splitter instead of the Mach 1 HP one because of the significantly lower profile.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Rear drag sway bar. Firmed rear up alot.

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but do you need an alignment after the Steeda IRS brace install if that is all you will be doing? I know that the bushing/alignment kit does. Thanks!!

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but do you need an alignment after the Steeda IRS brace install if that is all you will be doing? I know that the bushing/alignment kit does. Thanks!!
Not if you donā€™t unbolt the IRS.

But then your alignment will only be as good as the last setting (which may be done by ford ?).

If your subframe alignment is bad, you may actually struggle to fit the braces (although this might not be as much of a problem with the later designs) :like:

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
Not if you donā€™t unbolt the IRS.

But then your alignment will only be as good as the last setting (which may be done by ford ?).

If your subframe alignment is bad, you may actually struggle to fit the braces (although this might not be as much of a problem with the later designs) :like:

Makes sense...thanks man!!

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
If I had to choose just 1, it would have to be replacing the PP1 rear dampers with the track versions. The OEM parts are completely unsuitable for the car... unless you like riding a porpoise. šŸ¬
Ford wanted the ride to be comfortable.
They chose those OEM parts on porpoise. :giggle:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
BMR cradle lockout.

Followed closely by lighter/larger wheels and tires and lowering springs.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I think I'm going to look into the Steeda subframe braces. My problem being in Canada is Steeda won't ship to Canada and Steeda Canada still has their covid supply chain bs notice up on their website. That pretty much leaves Amazon and they are expensive so I'm in shock as to what you pay for these versus what I'd have to pay.
I'm also in Canada ... get an account set up at either crossborderpickups.ca or shippsy.com .

Get Steeda USA to ship it to the USA address they give you (usually close to the border like Buffalo) and then they'll bring it across the border for you to 1 of their warehouses. A small package is about $8 but check each one of those to see which warehouse is most convenient for you.

You pick it up at the warehouse you choose to have it delivered to but they can also ship it to you if you're far.

I'm in the GTA and have done it many times and will when I order the Steeda IRS brace kit.

Only other cost is HST and any duty depending on country of manufacture & value but still waaaay cheaper than using UPS or some other courier that screws you over royally.
Sponsored