Sponsored

What is the single best performance suspension mod you have done

Turbeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 M1 HP 6SPD JFG
I think I'm going to look into the Steeda subframe braces. My problem being in Canada is Steeda won't ship to Canada and Steeda Canada still has their covid supply chain bs notice up on their website. That pretty much leaves Amazon and they are expensive so I'm in shock as to what you pay for these versus what I'd have to pay.
Steeds.com will ship to Canada. They even convert to Canadian currency and include brokerage at checkout. Steeda.ca site is antiquated. Much of the same parts are there just under older model years. You’ll need to cross reference SKU #’s.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda IRS braces. Night and day difference in an hour and under $300. Can't be beat
Steeda IRS Braces. Had them on my 15GT and now the Mach 1. Great mod!

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Steeds.com will ship to Canada. They even convert to Canadian currency and include brokerage at checkout. Steeda.ca site is antiquated. Much of the same parts are there just under older model years. You’ll need to cross reference SKU #’s.
Thanks I'll take another look at their site. My issue with the Canadian company is they don't show if they have stock yet still say they will not accept any cancellations do to excess shipping wait times. I'm not supporting any company that will take your money and refuse to credit you if they don't do their part in the deal.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, it's my local mannerisms / english creeping in again ... :like:

1701967323201.png

I was asking if you did them on the car, or if you removed the knuckle ?

If you did them on the car, any recommendations for the tools and procedure you used ?

I have the bearings, and I am hoping to fit them over the Christmas holidays :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I'll take another look at their site. My issue with the Canadian company is they don't show if they have stock yet still say they will not accept any cancellations do to excess shipping wait times. I'm not supporting any company that will take your money and refuse to credit you if they don't do their part in the deal.
Can you wait for the braces to come up second hand on here ?

I've seen multiple sets in the classified and a refurbished old set, will likely give you a better quality finish than the OE Steeda finish.

The older brace designs also have some advantages - if you can be bothered to take your time / fit them correctly / make sure everything else is aligned during or prior to fitment etc :like:

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Sorry, it's my local mannerisms / english creeping in again ... :like:

1701967323201.png

I was asking if you did them on the car, or if you removed the knuckle ?

If you did them on the car, any recommendations for the tools and procedure you used ?

I have the bearings, and I am hoping to fit them over the Christmas holidays :like:

Cheers,

on the car. it sucked but i didn't have to get an alignment afterwards or deal with the axle nut which is a pain is worse. the red lines are witness marks made to ensure it was going in straight.

1701969083708.jpeg

1701969138301.jpeg

rsayers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium. 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Ford Racing Track Pack. Transformed the car while still keeping it easy to daily. After adding wider wheels, it really handles like a proper sports car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
on the car. it sucked but i didn't have to get an alignment afterwards or deal with the axle nut which is a pain is worse. the red lines are witness marks made to ensure it was going in straight.

1701969083708.jpeg

1701969138301.jpeg
Thank you :like:

I did wonder if I should drive them in with a central bolt, but worried that the diameter (M12 or M14) might be prone to breakage.

The other alternative was purchasing one of these style kits :

1701969538446.png

Then maybe selling it off after use ?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Last Friday I adjusted my ride height in less than an hour. Now that I have the process down I could probably do it in 30 minutes. I have mageneride.

I can change the front spring rate for $150/pair for any standard 2.5"x7" on the market. (That's more like a 2 hour job).

The AJ Hartman coil over conversion kit for magneride is awesome. No more having to live with set spring heights or sacrifice the magneride to get coil overs.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Thank you :like:

I did wonder if I should drive them in with a central bolt, but worried that the diameter (M12 or M14) might be prone to breakage.

The other alternative was purchasing one of these style kits :

1701969538446.png

Then maybe selling it off after use ?

i had to make this one to get the old one out clean

1701969884682.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
So far, Steeda IRS braces and alignment bushing kit but that's all I've done. Car handles noticeably better.

I will know more after I install camber plates, sways, G-trac k-member brace, bump steer kit, and springs. Wheels and tires can also make a big difference.

Problem is once you start tinkering with the chassis/suspension, it can quickly get out of hand lol
Do you have the FJG Mach 1 with the HP package? I am definitely interest more in improving the handling than increasing the power in my FJG Mach 1 without that HP package

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
One thing to be considered is tightening the loose nut behind the steering wheel :crackup:

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
1. Steeda bushing inserts w alignment kit

The wheel hop was unbearable until I added these bad boys in. Such a simple part too.
Sponsored