Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I put on the Ford Performance PP2 air splitter along with the PP1 belly pan and lower chin.

Details are in my build thread here.
I really do wish the Ford part DIDN'T looked so tacked on.

Did the engineers have Pistons tickets that night or something?
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
It was time for new tires so I replaced my 255/40/19 to 275/40/19 Square with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate Performance All Season. Also recently did an 4 wheel alignment to just double check and all good. took the car for drive on a flat highway to test the MPH difference if I really need later change tire size in the ECU, but It was only 1+ avg mph once I got over 50mph using WAZE vs my Speedometer. I think I will just keep the ECU untouched for now. I drove at 65mph with no traffic and lucky I can still maintain 30mpg with a 5.0 on flat highway (I still use the Ford Calibration tune)

mpg.jpg
I'm assuming with taller gearing from bigger tires it might be better than indicated 30.9 mpg?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming with taller gearing from bigger tires it might be better than indicated 30.9 mpg?
Still at 3:15 and I got around same mpg in same perfect condition (flat highway no traffic at speed limit of 65) with stock tire size. Otherwise regular condition on highway with some traffic or at higher speed limits such as 70 and 75, I get about 26-27 mpg. I have had miles to empty at full tank in the 425-450+ range a few times when doing cross country. Of course it takes a dive when I am spirited or doing mountain runs.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I guess my point is your gearing is taller now-and i dont think the computer knows. If you calculate it manually i wonder what the difference would be.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I guess my point is your gearing is taller now-and i dont think the computer knows. If you calculate it manually i wonder what the difference would be.
Yep ... taller tires will cover more ground per revolution, and thereby cover more ground per odometer reading vs the smaller diameter tires on the car before.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
They are incredible. The sound at idle is sick, the power at high RPM is off the charts. Car made peak power at 7950rpm. I have a D1-X which is the middle head unit with a 120MM pulley (11-12psi) which is good for 1100hp all in. I'm not changing to a smaller pulley any time soon, it's plenty fast.

If you want low end power, get a Whipple. What is nice about the Centri blowers is, it won't blow the tires off down low like roots blower will. I also have a Fore Innovations fuel system running E85 to be safe. Wouldn't run this on crap pump gas, knock will decrease timing so no power and just not safe.

Well this sounded like a commercial for Procharger.
And a great commercial it is lol.

I’ve always thought a Centri style blower would be advantageous for my application (road course driving) vs. a roots style due to heat mitigation and boost build up opposed to all out low end grunt. A big perk is also the CARB approved kit. I’d be ok with ~600 RWHP or so for my use.

On a separate note and not related at all to my decision, I met the CEO of Accessible Technologies Inc, the company that owns ProCharger. I also did a lot of marketing work for them and appreciate their brand and market values.

I’d probably install it myself over the winter.

CL-JW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Added the love the drive wind screen. Now just have to wait for the rain to stop and go for a drive
IMG_0163.jpeg
IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0164.jpeg

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
And a great commercial it is lol.

I’ve always thought a Centri style blower would be advantageous for my application (road course driving) vs. a roots style due to heat mitigation and boost build up opposed to all out low end grunt. A big perk is also the CARB approved kit. I’d be ok with ~600 RWHP or so for my use.

On a separate note and not related at all to my decision, I met the CEO of Accessible Technologies Inc, the company that owns ProCharger. I also did a lot of marketing work for them and appreciate their brand and market values.

I’d probably install it myself over the winter.
One more thing to add which never gets talked about. Palm Beach Dyno told me this. So the P1-X vs the D1-X, I asked what the difference besides one spinning more RPM for higher boost. He told me, The D1-X even though makes more power will make less torque than the P1-X at the same boost level. I have a D1-X, so my car made 780/544TQ at 12 psi and he said if you had a P1-X head it would have been 780/584TQ. Procharger designed it this way. My car is like V-Tec on Honda. At 4000rpm you're like okay, its pulling not bad then when it hits 6000rpm it feels like nitrous kicks in all the way to 8000rpm. The P1-X is different that at 4000-6000rpm it will seem stronger than the D1-X because of the torque and takes a little longer to 8000rpm with no extra kick. If this makes any sense.

My best friend has a Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody and his car is all torque, 720/690TQ. At 3500rpm it's making 600 ft. lbs of torque. His car right off the rip seems way faster than mine then runs out of steam up top. My car doesn't have the umph down low but it pulls like a freight train at high RPM. Plus the 10R80 keep every gear above 6500rpm. His car redlines at 6400rpm and the shifts come down in the 5600rpm range. It's a trip.

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to investigate a bit more.... Well, it turns out that there are 2 options available in the market: The Air Design one (also sold by Ford), and a cheap knock off sold on Amazon. American Muscle also sells both, so whoever is buying be aware! Looking at the installation video from Air Design it looks like it is way more secure.

If anyone is planning on buying it and don't know which one is which, make sure to take a look at the very tip of the air curtain: If it's 100% aligned and touching the end of the turn signal, it's the Air Design (good) one. Otherwise it's the knock off.

Air Design (good):
c11cdd2897eeb59933ae170b654d01b3.gif

The knock off:
1742393_BC114859.jpg
Yes the Air Design is a Ford part. Here is a link to the part # for those interested.

https://www.getoemparts.com/oem-parts/ford-parking-lamp-curtains-gloss-black-vjr3z17e810b

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
One more thing to add which never gets talked about. Palm Beach Dyno told me this. So the P1-X vs the D1-X, I asked what the difference besides one spinning more RPM for higher boost. He told me, The D1-X even though makes more power will make less torque than the P1-X at the same boost level. I have a D1-X, so my car made 780/544TQ at 12 psi and he said if you had a P1-X head it would have been 780/584TQ. Procharger designed it this way. My car is like V-Tec on Honda. At 4000rpm you're like okay, its pulling not bad then when it hits 6000rpm it feels like nitrous kicks in all the way to 8000rpm. The P1-X is different that at 4000-6000rpm it will seem stronger than the D1-X because of the torque and takes a little longer to 8000rpm with no extra kick. If this makes any sense.

My best friend has a Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody and his car is all torque, 720/690TQ. At 3500rpm it's making 600 ft. lbs of torque. His car right off the rip seems way faster than mine then runs out of steam up top. My car doesn't have the umph down low but it pulls like a freight train at high RPM. Plus the 10R80 keep every gear above 6500rpm. His car redlines at 6400rpm and the shifts come down in the 5600rpm range. It's a trip.
This is amazing feedback, thank you!

Sponsored

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg

We bought this a few weeks ago and just got these done.

Added rocker stripes, tint, front end PPF, painted calipers, and upgraded sync 3 with Apple car play
That is a beauty!!! Where did you get the rocker strips?

Don

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not what I did but what I saw on the way home from work today. I was in the left turn lane and a dark horse made a left-hand turn in front of me. It looked like the ember blue. I got to tell you, I was not impressed at all. It basically looks like a GT that somebody changed out the badges on the fenders. Other than that it’s just plain Jane. Nothing extra special like the GT350 or the GT500. It’s a shame.

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This thread is my first introduction to these. Is there a functional “wind tunnel” type gain or is it purely aesthetics?
I suspect mostly aesthetic. I haven’t noticed anything different from a performance standpoint
Sponsored