Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Planning to look for and order a car cover for it. as it will sit outside for the winter.
And a battery tender.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Decided to do something different this winter since I hate letting this car sit for 5 months. Ordered some Blizzak WS90 in 235/50/18 for my stock wheels. Now I can drive the car any time I damn well please. Yeah, I'll still have my beater, but now I don't have to faff with covers, trickle chargers, or rodent repellents. Will fluid film the underbody to avoid any potential for corrosion (even though the climate here and outside storage makes rust pretty unlikely).

Not to knock anyone who stores for winter since I've done it two years in a row now, but I'm kinda happy to reach a point where I stopped caring. Given the way the world seems to be heading, the more time behind the wheel of this fun beast, the better.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
They did that because its cheaper than a dry sump haha. Not cheaper for our wallets though.

With that said, even though this is a hot running engine you won't see much difference between entry level and top of the line synthetics especially if you stick to 5000 mile changes.
I did it more for its cleaning ability. No matter the OCI, off the shelf oils just won't clean as good as one of the boutique oils blended with AN and esters. Might be overkill but I'm planning to keep it for the long haul so, why not? It's definitely a lot quieter. I ran it in, last night, and couldn't hear the 2k rattle at all.

Decided to do something different this winter since I hate letting this car sit for 5 months. Ordered some Blizzak WS90 in 235/50/18 for my stock wheels. Now I can drive the car any time I damn well please. Yeah, I'll still have my beater, but now I don't have to faff with covers, trickle chargers, or rodent repellents. Will fluid film the underbody to avoid any potential for corrosion (even though the climate here and outside storage makes rust pretty unlikely).

Not to knock anyone who stores for winter since I've done it two years in a row now, but I'm kinda happy to reach a point where I stopped caring. Given the way the world seems to be heading, the more time behind the wheel of this fun beast, the better.
I did the same. It's been through 4 Illinois winters. FWIW, I don't use fluid film and have had no issues. Absolutely no rust on the frame, suspension, driveshaft, rear control arms, etc. The front LCAs have some rust but that's basically the only beat up part. A couple of bolts have some rust, too, that I plan to deal with. I just make sure to do a thorough scrub down during the wheel change to make sure I get all of the caked on salt.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
More parts. Almost done

IMG-20221102-WA0015.jpg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That top grease fitting seems rather inconveniently located, but the new bits look good, and stouter than OEM.
I wondered that too - Perhaps left and right hand were fitted on opposite sides ?

WD :like:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I wondered that too - Perhaps left and right hand were fitted on opposite sides ?

WD :like:
Looks that way. I think the grease fitting is supposed to point inward away from the brakes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
put the first 70 miles on the Brittany Coastal EB (yeah, yeah post some pics!) Spent 25 minutes going round and round a 4-loop interchange running it up and down the tach at moderate and heavy throttle, in 2nd and third, with heavy use of brakes. Then did some 40-90mph blasts on the freeway. I looked WAY down the interstate and it was clear. I was about to pull thru 80mph and there it is, State Trooper out in plain sight but since the car is non-reflective not visible sitting on the access ramp. He had me dead to rights but it was either a decoy or he was hoping I'd trip the reckless limit for nice fat fine. Managed to luckily avoid that one...

6 or so pulls to redline so far.

I gotta say 'Sport' mode throttle sucks ass.

I was forced to buy a Premium trim because of the outside color, and MyColor was fun for 5 minutes and then I turned that useless crap off. People pay for this?

The not-leather white seats aren't too bad. We'll see how they hold up - discoloration etc. I'm probably going to buy some cheap covers.

Torrie is definitely getting a call to retune the engine. But it does seem like the mapping might be a bit better than what Ford shipped with the MY19 cars.

Sponsored

Xredmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Ford Dealer install MUSTANG lighted door sills on my 2020 Eco Boost Convertible
top down.jpg

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
This was yesterday, but I drove it about 10 hours back from a short vacation. Got 24 MPG on a tank of gas and got to see this, which is the highest the MTE has been since I bought the car.
2DE99924-41A6-46DD-9880-2E706BC8E8AE.jpeg

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name