Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Finally passed 800 miles on my 2022
Sponsored

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to install Ford Performance Oil-Air Separator but short hose is missing

20220708_070444.jpg
LMR customer service replied to my email that a shipping associate is to confirm with Ford Performance the item is supposed to come with second hose :like:

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 24 Tacoma, 14 HD SG.
New shoes. Got 27k out of the OE Pirellis. Also ditched the single-use OE lug nuts for some solid ones. Discount Tire was crowded like a nightclub, but they busted it out in just under an hour.

IMG_0627.JPEG
Are these the Continental DWS+?.I had a set installed a few months ago and not really liking them.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Are these the Continental DWS+?.I had a set installed a few months ago and not really liking them.
Did not know know this -- OEM Lug nuts single use. What was your replacement (link please).

Sponsored

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Getting ready to change the oil in the 20. My 1st time doing this. The 2 year free maintenance period is up. What do I need to expect besides a lot of ol? Already got 10qts of oil and filter and 16qt drain pan.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Look out for the large stream of fast flowing oil. I used a pice of cardboard as a dam/deflector right about where the trans cooler lines are. Use this direct the oil into the oil container.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Yes. What don't you like about them?

I've only had mine a few days. They are quiet and smooth, but any new tire is like that. They are way better in the wet than the worn OE Pirellis I had, but again... new tires.. duh.

I dunno. My car is 95% all-weather commuter, and 5% Grand Tourer. Seemed like a good choice.

Did not know know this -- OEM Lug nuts single use. What was your replacement (link please).
"Single-Use" is a bit of an exaggeration. On last rotation, the tire guys complained that some of the lug nuts were "swollen". I think the OE nuts have a cover or something like that. Anyway, this time they offered to replace them for 40 bux. I said "Let me see them". They were solid and looked nice so I said "do it".

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
MP Concepts GT500 spoiler fitted. Was killer today, car was reading 30ºC (86ºF). I'm a Geordie - we don't do heat in the north east. We do cold here. 🥵

Geordie of the Antarctic
😂

Got to say, my dad and I were laughing at the instructions (or lack of). 7mm and 11.5mm holes? We measured them and actually, 6mm and 10mm were the correct diameters. And the spoiler didn't even line up with the supplied template. Good job MP Concepts!

So we drew around the locator pins and used them for our initial holes. Then we put some white chalk pen on the ends of the threaded screws and put the spoiler in place, and then used the transfered white marks for drilling the 7mm holes. 🤪

Spoiler_Template.jpg
6mm.jpg
10mm.jpg

Template_Incorrect.jpg

Anywho, alignment niggles adderssed, I stripped out the liner inside and then my dad was tasked with drilling. Thought I had the safe job. Screwdriver wasn't my friend today. 😁

Cut.jpg

Boot_Liner.jpg
Drilling.jpg

Popped some silicone on the threads as I'm paranoid about water getting in.

Silicone.jpg

And the end results. I think it looks much better than before. Has more purpose about the rear end. We didn't put the gurney flap on - we think it looks better without. So I'll keep a hold of it and if I change my mind we'll fit it at a later date.

Rear_Spoiler.jpg
Rear_Spoiler_2.jpg
Rear_Spoiler_3.jpg
Rear_Spoiler_4.jpg

The Mazda paint seems to be a really good colour match as well. No idea why the Kona Blue Ford suggested was totally different on the swatch sample. Weird!

Spoiler_Colour.jpg

:like:

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Put in some Weathertech molded mats and the truck liner too. That's it for this weekend.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Add the replacement drain plug.

Getting ready to change the oil in the 20. My 1st time doing this. The 2 year free maintenance period is up. What do I need to expect besides a lot of ol? Already got 10qts of oil and filter and 16qt drain pan.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Think about a Femco. Control the flow and/or lets you attach a hose. Lets you take samples any time or drain extra oil added for track use. No need to replace factory plugs and/or deal with leaking if used one too many times.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/finally-femco-drain-for-2018-up.168667

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I use now. I like it

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lighting XLT, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
I was in Tomcats. I liked the F4 as well, but nothing compares to an F14. I know, they are dated, but man I used to love to see it launch off the pointy end.

Richard
Both of my Navy squadrons were hornet, but I loved watching the Tomcats launch off the pointy end. Take a bow and off they go!

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 24 Tacoma, 14 HD SG.
Yes. What don't you like about them?

I've only had mine a few days. They are quiet and smooth, but any new tire is like that. They are way better in the wet than the worn OE Pirellis I had, but again... new tires.. duh.

I dunno. My car is 95% all-weather commuter, and 5% Grand Tourer. Seemed like a good choice.

"Single-Use" is a bit of an exaggeration. On last rotation, the tire guys complained that some of the lug nuts were "swollen". I think the OE nuts have a cover or something like that. Anyway, this time they offered to replace them for 40 bux. I said "Let me see them". They were solid and looked nice so I said "do it".
I found the worn out pirellis to have a smoother,quieter ride and now the car is slightly tram lining. I've had the alignment check at 2 different shops and she is bang on. I'm sure they are much better in the rain but my car is not a daily driver or a track car. I had just the opposite experience with my 2013.When I bought it,it had low miles with pirrellis on it.They were noisey(scalloped) and she tram lined dangerously. I put GoodYear Eagle Sports on it and it was a totally different car. Sadly the GoodYears weren't available in 20" for the 2016.
Sponsored