Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What are the fitment problems? My aftermarket ones messes up the lines to the deckled. There's a thread about adding spacer grommets to fix that. I still need to do.
The drivers side looks like its sunken in a bit. Passenger side fits better. It doesn't line up to the tail panel right. Some spacers would likely solve that.
Would you happen to have a link to that thread handy?
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Last edited:

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I can't remember if he said it was +5 or -5, but it was either one.

Last ticket was in March 2011. Coincidently also a reckless for going 81 in a 70. Back in the days where the reckless threshold was 80mph here in VA. I just went to court, pled no contest and it was reduced to a some minor thing and the fine was suspended.

No need to get into it, but I have too many similar stories from the early dumber years. Just being honest with the officer; then the judge, goes a long way from my experience.

I was driving illegally. I got caught. I'll own it. Let's see what happens. 🤷‍♂️
Taking responsibility is admirable, but insurance will pound that booty if it doesn't get reduced. I'd definitely get representation.

Sponsored

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Awesome, thank you!
Looks like people are having that issue even with the stock lights. I feel a bit better about the fitment now.
Let's say that overall body panel adjustments are not the main quality of Mustangs... 😎😁

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Taking responsibility is admirable, but insurance will pound that booty if it doesn't get reduced. I'd definitely get representation.
Yeah, too much at stake with his situation.

And there are often overlooked benefits for an attorney. I once represented myself fighting a failure to stop ticket in '92. In my case I had the benefit of being innocent, had evidence. But the cop tried to make more stuff up on the stand to keep from losing. Like most lies it wasn't hard to trip him up six ways from Sunday. So, the judge threw it out. If he hadn't lied on the stand, I could have lost. The cop followed me out to the parking lot and wanted to meet somewhere else later. I doubt he would have asked a lawyer to meet. LoL

And I wasn't even pissed at the cop when I got the ticket. The cop never saw me fail to stop. I was watching his face at the time of the alleged infraction. I tend to do that when just a few yards from a patrol car stopped coming toward me on the opposite side of an intersection. He was looking a different direction when I stopped (for .2 seconds according to my telemetry). I just figured he jumped to the conclusion I could not have stopped because he saw me approaching the stop, looked away and when he looked back decided I was going faster than possible if I had stopped.

He needs to get a lawyer.

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

And there are often overlooked benefits for an attorney. I once represented myself fighting a failure to stop ticket in '92. In my case I had the benefit of being innocent, had evidence. But the cop tried to make more stuff up on the stand to keep from losing. Like most lies it wasn't hard to trip him up six ways from Sunday. So, the judge threw it out. If he hadn't lied on the stand, I could have lost. The cop followed me out to the parking lot and wanted to meet somewhere else later. I doubt he would have asked a lawyer to meet. LoL

And I wasn't even pissed at the cop when I got the ticket. The cop never saw me fail to stop. I was watching his face at the time of the alleged infraction. I tend to do that when just a few yards from a patrol car stopped coming toward me on the opposite side of an intersection. He was looking a different direction when I stopped (for .2 seconds according to my telemetry). I just figured he jumped to the conclusion I could not have stopped because he saw me approaching the stop, looked away and when he looked back decided I was going faster than possible if I had stopped.

The cop, a Law Enforcement Officer, followed you out of the court room where he was proven wrong and wanted to have a "talk" with you?
W T F?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Installed a 12 inch Cerwin Vega spare tire subwoofer and removed the stock shaker 'woofer'. It's practically invisible and sounds much, much better. Maybe I should have used the gray speaker wires, lol

20211214_145743.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust

Read an article couple years back about the cost of an impaired charge,
- lost wages, insurance, lawyer, possible impound fees, etc, etc.
Short story - they listed all the costs over 5 years (till record lapses) and you are looking at about $40,000. Some speeding offences I'm sure have surprising consequences over 5 yrs.

Be polite with officer, but zip it ... absolutely no comments. You will never talk yourself out of a ticket, just provide confirmation for him/her to lay a charge.
Get a lawyer, and always plead not guilty. So many loopholes you can only luck out, vs tell officer you 'only had one' and you are on the greasy slope to $40k.

Speeding ticket can get serious as cops have their own bias how they perceive a situation, and reckless, or stunt driving charges based on # mph over the limit, eg.

best practise is use the cruise control .. It even works at 30mph in town ;)

Couple popular enforcement areas here, and I love the occasional sour looks on the officer faces as they lower their radar gun. More fun than speeding.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The cop, a Law Enforcement Officer, followed you out of the court room where he was proven wrong and wanted to have a "talk" with you?
W T F?
Yep. I never called the number he gave me to set up a meet.

You think maybe he wanted to thank me for stopping a miscarriage of justice? Or wanted to know where to get a performance recorder for his own vehicles?

It was kind of fun in court. I produced a print out of the deceleration, stop time and acceleration. I knew there was no chain of custody but figured it couldn't hurt and they might be less formal in traffic court. Then when the judge found out I was driving a Syclone, he went all OT said he wanted one and started asking me questions about it. LoL.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
best practise is use the cruise control .. It even works at 30mph in town ;)
All your advice was spot on and I use cruise all the time. In town driving was why I ordered adaptive cruise because it minimizes the times you go off cruise when traffic is changing speeds.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Changed my cabin air filter. As usual, my Ford dealer never did it. It was such a mess :(