Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Installed a close-but-not-perfect color matched Ford GT-style decklid badge. To be fair, it's almost impossible to color match Orange Fury since Ford uses a tinted clear coat.
PXL_20231225_200111315.jpg

PXL_20231226_182216028.jpg
That is sweet. Where did you get the badge?
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Installed a close-but-not-perfect color matched Ford GT-style decklid badge. To be fair, it's almost impossible to color match Orange Fury since Ford uses a tinted clear coat.
PXL_20231225_200111315.jpg
Awesome! Got a link?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just be wary on quality - some of the photos on the advert look great :sunglasses:

But then there is this :

1703664917471.jpeg

Which looks likes my kids have made it out of plasticine / modelling clay … :frown:

WD :like:
Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder if there's another source. Or If I should just 3D print it and finish it myself.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder if there's another source. Or If I should just 3D print it and finish it myself.
Hopefully he’ll chime in with where he got it. I saw some of those same pics too. If you have the ability to print one yourself, that might be the best option. That way you can control the quality

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully he’ll chime in with where he got it. I saw some of those same pics too. If you have the ability to print one yourself, that might be the best option. That way you can control the quality

Hey y'all, sorry about that lol. I wasnt that expecting so much chatter. The referenced link is the correct seller. The quality is top notch as I had ordered from them before. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll pay attention to this now lol

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey y'all, sorry about that lol. I wasnt that expecting so much chatter. The referenced link is the correct seller. The quality is too notch as I had ordered from them before. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll pay attention to this now lol
LOL thanks for confirming!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you do decide to print, just be aware that neither the mounting area on the panel or the OE badges are flat :like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you do decide to print, just be aware that neither the mounting area on the panel or the OE badges are flat :like:

On the rear panel? I did not know that but have been considering alternatives so now have a new factor to consider.

Sponsored

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
does anybody have a link to replace the GT on the trunk lid to a 5.0 badge? Something that is plug-in ply? I see a lot of 5.0's from the vendors that say a 5.0 fender badge can go on the trunk but I would feel much better with someone telling me that it is an absolute fit on the rear.

also, is the GT emblem on the back strictly put on with tape? No pins?

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you have the ability to print one yourself, that might be the best option. That way you can control the quality
Already modeled and getting it printed in a silver silk as a test. If resolution is good, then I'll develop it further (Base/fillets/color options). Just have to decide if it's worth my time with all the stuff I got going on.
Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 1.05.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 1.10.34 PM.png

Yup, Those are easy challenges to overcome

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
On the rear panel? I did not know that but have been considering alternatives so now have a new factor to consider.
Yeah the rear panel :like:

Put a line of masking tape across it (to protect it) and then put a straight edge / steel rule up against it.

You would probably get away with a narrow (2”) badge and thick tape, but it would likely be to much for a wide (4”) badge.

I thought about a de-pinned 5.0 fender badge, but I’m pretty sure the (OE) fender badges are to stiff with to thin of a tape to hold without lifting the outer edges.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah the rear panel :like:

Put a line of masking tape across it (to protect it) and then put a straight edge / steel rule up against it.

You would probably get away with a narrow (2”) badge and thick tape, but it would likely be to much for a wide (4”) badge.

I thought about a de-pinned 5.0 fender badge, but I’m pretty sure the (OE) fender badges are to stiff with to thin of a tape to hold without lifting the outer edges.

I've been searching for almost 5 years for a badge just like the 2018 Pony Package. Its a Tri-Bar Pony but has a much shorter height for the tri-Bars than any others I've seen. I suspect Ford did that so the Pony could be larger when the tri-bar is the height of the "flat" portion of the panel.

Virtually every other 6G panel badge is available by itself for <~$50 except that one. So far haven't caved to pay $5-600 for a whole panel, particularly when said panel has those post '17 horizontal bars.