Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

CRMcC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Looks great.
You have a link to parts and process to do it?
Thank you! There's a thread on here with detailed instructions that will answer almost any question you have. Link:

How To: Swap PP gauges into standard model

I got my dash with gauges, as well as all matching trim from ThePartsFarm for $350 in perfect condition. They can also be found on eBay and Facebook Marketplace. Some non-PP Mustangs have the wiring for the gauges already in place, but some, like mine, you have to splice the wiring into place. I highly suggest thoroughly reading the thread, it's very helpful if you're interested in the swap.

If you decide to do the swap and find you have to splice the wiring in, I have an extra wiring pigtail listed for half that of anything online.

Rooster66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
it would be an even better place if you posted in the correct section and used an existing relevant thread or started a new one... :)

You should be burning down Ford Performance phone lines, not SCT. Their (FP) tunes rarely have problems and they own the problem. Look around and find a Ford Performance dealer if there is one.
My Bad.....I'm new to this forum.....Maybe ramming my head against the wall trying to figure this out loosened something in my brain.....lol

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Swapped in the Steeda clutch spring, while doing some other interior mods.

Didn't need the replacement spring holder, nor tools. Just some strength and contorting my body to get at it.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Picked her up from the beauty shop Friday and forgot to post a pic. Full spa treatment inside and out. Shameless shoutout to Precision Detailing in Lafayette!

grape IMG_0404.jpg

Sponsored

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Well.... Yesterday I traded my 2022 GT Premium Coupe (3900 miles) in on a 2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible (6MT, 20" wheels, active exhaust). It's actually the Mustang I ordered (and then cancelled in early Jan). The dealer kept the order and added the Safe/Smart pkg. After driving past the dealer and seeing "my" convertible for almost a month I decided to give it a test drive. And I bought it.

After 4 months with the GT Coupe I decided that I really wanted the convertible.

This morning I did the Trail of the Donkey (busy and lots of Yahoos) as a means of getting to the Cherohala Skyway. The drive back down the Skyway to Tellico Plains was fabulous. I am so much happier with the convertible (the 6th MT convertible I have owned).

Out with the old:

20230410_190427.jpg

In with the new:

20230430_123703.jpg

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
My next mod has arrived, a factory Performance Pack spoiler off flea bay that is in the right color. The listing said it was taken off a new car and I gotta say it looks very fresh. Just waiting on my adhesive remover to come in to give it a go at mounting. Hope the bolts from the GT spoiler are the same size as the PP spoiler as it didn't come with bolts.

PXL_20230429_050225168.jpg
I believe the bolts are the exact same. What I would do is run to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy new bolts anyway that have allenhead holes in the end, makes it so much easier to re-install without dropping any bolts. But as I said, I believe all the factory spoilers have the same holes.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Well.... Yesterday I traded my 2022 GT Premium Coupe (3900 miles) in on a 2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible (6MT, 20" wheels, active exhaust). It's actually the Mustang I ordered (and then cancelled in early Jan). The dealer kept the order and added the Safe/Smart pkg. After driving past the dealer and seeing "my" convertible for almost a month I decided to give it a test drive. And I bought it.

After 4 months with the GT Coupe I decided that I really wanted the convertible.

This morning I did the Trail of the Donkey (busy and lots of Yahoos) as a means of getting to the Cherohala Skyway. The drive back down the Skyway to Tellico Plains was fabulous. I am so much happier with the convertible (the 6th MT convertible I have owned).

Out with the old:

20230410_190427.jpg

In with the new:

20230430_123703.jpg
Congratulations!!!! I really debated a convertible and not keeping any motorcycles. Maybe that is something I will take a look at in a couple years or so, selling my bikes and just having one thing to take care of and pay taxes on. You live in the perfect place to enjoy a convertible. What do you drive when the snow comes?

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!!!! I really debated a convertible and not keeping any motorcycles. Maybe that is something I will take a look at in a couple years or so, selling my bikes and just having one thing to take care of and pay taxes on. You live in the perfect place to enjoy a convertible. What do you drive when the snow comes?
My other/primary vehicle is an Expedition EL 4WD. The Mustang stays in the garage if it's rainy/snowy/icy/etc.

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
I took mine down my favorite local twisty road(US125) down to the Peel Ferry in Arkansas for the first time. I've been up and down this 50 mile(ish) stretch literally thousands of times on sport bikes, but my first time in a "sports" car. Really liking this thing!
20230430_090205.jpg

20230430_091646.jpg

20230430_091904.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Put the winter beater Mustang away.. and fixed up the G3 fair weather ride.
343977878_551811993731812_3823064396655986858_n.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Out with the old:

20230410_190427.jpg

In with the new:

20230430_123703.jpg
Why didn't you spring for a V8 convertible? Just curious if the engine didn't matter to you really and it's all about that glorious drop top action

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why didn't you spring for a V8 convertible? Just curious if the engine didn't matter to you really and it's all about that glorious drop top action
I'm not willing to pay the $11K extra for a GT convertible and I really did not care for the very LOUD drone/blah of the V8 exhaust. All of my previous convertibles have been straight/flat sixes from Porsche/BMW which did not have obnoxious exhausts.
Sponsored