Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I asked if you have had a car stolen, or know someone that has.
I’ve had one attempt (long time ago when Cosworth’s were the hardest car to keep hold of), we’ve had one theft in the family (4x4) and another in the family that went, but was found down the bottom of the hill thanks to a kill switch (GTI).

All the above were in the past but of more recent, some of the sales guys have been targeted, one successfully by hooking keys through the letter box and it was never seen again (a Passat, WTF ?).

Guy at work recently had a keyless theft attempt that was caught on CCTV and disturbed by a neighbour (mini and evoque on the drive).

Unfortunately it’s not uncommon to hear about a theft or know someone affected by theft :frown:

WD :like:
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I’ve had one attempt (long time ago when Cosworth’s were the hardest car to keep hold of), we’ve had one theft in the family (4x4) and another in the family that went, but was found down the bottom of the hill thanks to a kill switch (GTI).

All the above were in the past but of more recent, some of the sales guys have been targeted, one successfully by hooking keys through the letter box and it was never seen again (a Passat, WTF ?).

Guy at work recently had a keyless theft attempt that was caught on CCTV and disturbed by a neighbour (mini and evoque on the drive).

Unfortunately it’s not uncommon to hear about a theft or know someone affected by theft :frown:

Yeaaaah...to be honest ya'll over-react to a relatively low threat-level with car theft. We have a slightly higher rate here in the US, compared to the UK & Wales. But that's mostly because of thefts in the ghettos.

I'd bet it's the same situation in the UK. Just stay out of the shit areas, and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but no one’s wants it to happen to them and the thing with security is, you never know what’s to much and only what’s not enough … :like:

It’s whatever helps you sleep at night :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeaaaah...to be honest, it doesn't sound as if there's anymore than one example of a car being stolen in the UK. Just the thread Tinpot linked too.
Just in case you are not kidding.....The good new is that the Mustang is not on the top stolen list!
https://www.rivervaleleasing.co.uk/blog/posts/uks-most-stolen-cars-update-rivervale-leasing

The good new is that the Mustang is not on the top stolen list!

Methinks ya'll over-react to a relatively low threat-level with car theft. We have a lightly higher rate here in the US, compared to the UK & Wales. But that's mostly in the ghettos.

I'd bet that's the same situation in the UK.
The ghettos, really. Do not think there are a lot of Land Rover's in the ghettos, here or in the UK.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The mustang is a low theft risk over here which is good - that’s also reflected in the insurance premiums :like:

I only know of one that went locally after some contractors had been working in the house. I understand that car ended up abroad. I only know about that one as it’s replacement was ordered around the same time as mine and by the same sales rep.

Edit : You also have to consider that the mustang isn’t particularly common over here, I have the numbers and they are surprisingly low.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Especially if you car sits outside, you are at risk. I live in a nice neighborhood. We had three thefts last summer. A nice car gets tagged by someone that likes it, or follows them home to locate it, keyless theft. A few minutes and they are gone. No noise, no. My town is on the 10 safest cities in CO list.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Especially if you car sits outside, you are at risk. I live in a nice neighborhood. We had three thefts last summer. A nice car gets tagged by someone that likes it, or follows them home to locate it, keyless theft. A few minutes and they are gone. No noise, no. My town is on the 10 safest cities in CO list.
I have no idea where you live. 3 thefts last summer might be statistically extremely low. If your area is on the 10 safest cities, then most like those thefts are a few of not too many.

But just because you know about them, you're over-reacting to them emotionally.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I installed some smoked front turn signal covers. Tomorrow (while wasting tax payer money at work) I will be replacing my Amazon smoked rear side marker lights with a set of MP Concepts. Also, will be replacing the rear diffuser reflectors with MP Concepts Diffuser Marker Lights and my reverse light with the MP Concepts smoked LED reverse light/4th brake light.

If I get to it, I'll also be tinting the yellow reflectors on the headlights with the Anchor Room Blackout Kit.

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG
Keep us posted on the rest of the installs, you listed just about everything I have planned when the weather gets a little warmer.

Btw, your signature cracks me up. “Happy pills” 😂

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Installed Form smoked Euro LED taillights, Morimoto smoked LED rear side markers and Roush rear valance aero foil.
D5712316-91C8-4BFB-80C5-D906DB9DA816.jpeg
40A314B6-A3A7-499F-8C56-2F2E727713B3.jpeg
51B90FA5-B913-44BC-A53F-E61EEF221DB1.jpeg
80CB3CEB-214B-4CA4-9D5A-2CBC99D8C217.jpeg

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have no idea where you live. 3 thefts last summer might be statistically extremely low. If your area is on the 10 safest cities, then most like those thefts are a few of not too many.

Not a boast but my home state recorded 17,000 car thefts for the year 21 to 22. Of those 2,500 were in my local city Gold Coast which does not have a huge population when compared to US. A local police person told my partner that the kids who were doing it loved the high fences in the more affluent areas because they could not easily be seen getting into the houses. I wouldn't describe myself as paranoid but I do make sure that I follow basic security sense like not leaving car keys just lying around and locking when parked in the garage.

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ordered Cervini Cobra R Hood to accommodate the Cobra Jet intake manifold.

73F6D9B0-0313-4C41-8C66-17DEB9DB9092.jpeg

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
Keep us posted on the rest of the installs, you listed just about everything I have planned when the weather gets a little warmer.

Btw, your signature cracks me up. “Happy pills” 😂
The rear side marker lights are a piece of cake.

The rear diffuser lights are a pain in the ass. Looks so easy on the video. I ended up using a wrench to get the nut of the reflector. It’s a pain to get it back on the new light, too.

I’m wiring in the passenger side now. Driver side is pictured.

58705098-98C4-4F88-8471-833D8772F228.jpeg

028B9A4E-449D-4EA0-9023-124B0BFFB936.jpeg

Then, it will be on to the reverse light.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It's their vehicle ... they can react and do what they want. Seems like you're tying to talk people out of doing whatever security measures they want to do to help prevent a possible vehicle theft.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The rear side marker lights are a piece of cake.

The rear diffuser lights are a pain in the ass. Looks so easy on the video. I ended up using a wrench to get the nut of the reflector. It’s a pain to get it back on the new light, too.

I’m wiring in the passenger side now. Driver side is pictured.

58705098-98C4-4F88-8471-833D8772F228.jpeg

028B9A4E-449D-4EA0-9023-124B0BFFB936.jpeg

Then, it will be on to the reverse light.
Nicely done, those look great! Good heads up about the diffuser lights.
Sponsored