Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does the MTW use the same reverse lockout as the stock shifter?.
MGW does it right. With the added bonus of watching your dashcam recording of the dealer master tech swearing and getting ribbed by the others when he couldn't figure out how to get mine into reverse when trying to do a 3-point turn in the shop. LoL
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Finally got around to installing the Steeda strut tower brace that's been here for over 2 months. The hardest part was mounting the name badge. :explode: I'm glad I did it before mounting the brace. Removed the battery cover and immediately lost 2 of the 3 push pins down the fender well. I look forward to testing it shortly on my favorite twisty roads.

steeda.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Finally got around to installing the Steeda strut tower brace that's been here for over 2 months. The hardest part was mounting the name badge. :explode: I'm glad I did it before mounting the brace. Removed the battery cover and immediately lost 2 of the 3 push pins down the fender well. I look forward to testing it shortly on my favorite twisty roads.

steeda.jpg
It's so easy to drop those stupid things, lol. I used to get the OE ones but then I realized it's pointless when you'll keep dropping them...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHD4QJ...olid=3CKNTZ2EPLU7L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Installed the MGW standard shorty. What a bugger that top arm bolt was to remove and put back. Took about 5 hours total to install. Feels like 4.5 were spent on that bolt alone. I have a Billetworkz knob which fit perfectly and has quite a bit height adjustment on the shaft. I have it pretty low right now.
01010DA5-8449-4E7A-AE52-DDE4DF75D409.jpeg
Ha. You better be calling it Stubby McStubberson. :D

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

steeda.jpg
You're gonna love this brace I noticed the differences the 1st time I took it out as far as the battery retainer clips go to Amazon you can get 30 of them for 12 bucks

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
You're gonna love this brace I noticed the differences the 1st time I took it out as far as the battery retainer clips go to Amazon you can get 30 of them for 12 bucks
I did notice some improvement but still not as good as my 2018 coupe. I still have jacking rails and a G-Frame brace to mount. Another contributing factor, besides the fact that a vert isn't a stiff as a coupe, would be the Pirelli P-Zero tires. I noticed a huge improvement on the 2018 when I put Michelin Primacy tires on it.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I did notice some improvement but still not as good as my 2018 coupe. I still have jacking rails and a G-Frame brace to mount. Another contributing factor, besides the fact that a vert isn't a stiff as a coupe, would be the Pirelli P-Zero tires. I noticed a huge improvement on the 2018 when I put Michelin Primacy tires on it.
I guess I didn't look close enough I didn't realize you had a convertible. I had to remove my jacking rails they were interfering with my quick Jack even though they say it's supposed to work.
Enjoy your ride I've been doing winter mods while she's in storage so I don't miss her too much šŸ˜‰

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I guess I didn't look close enough I didn't realize you had a convertible. I had to remove my jacking rails they were interfering with my quick Jack even though they say it's supposed to work.
Enjoy your ride I've been doing winter mods while she's in storage so I don't miss her too much šŸ˜‰
FWIW, the BMR jacking rails work just fine with my QuickJack. That wasn't the reason I chose BMR after I bought both to compare, but sounds like another advantage.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I did notice some improvement but still not as good as my 2018 coupe. I still have jacking rails and a G-Frame brace to mount.
If you haven't bought the rails yet, the BMR might be a little better for stiffening things. Steeda's design is to take some box and weld some mounting plates on the end. That results in only the mounting plates contacting the car. BMR is box the entire length with bolts going thru the boxed section into the car. That results in the entire length of the rail being against the car. It does have an effect. From the factory, the passenger door on my car was slightly harder to close than drivers. After installing the BMR rails, they were both the same. In other words, that full length contact forced the floor of the car into perfect alignment lost thru production tolerances or shipping.

Update: apparently Steeda now makes rails like the BMR. My comparison happened before Steeda made that style. Thanks @MAGS1

George, definitely get that type regardless of brand.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you haven't bought the rails yet, the BMR might be a little better for stiffening things. Steeda's design is to take some box and weld some mounting plates on the end. That results in only the mounting plates contacting the car. BMR is box the entire length with bolts going thru the boxed section into the car. That results in the entire length of the rail being against the car. It does have an effect. From the factory, the passenger door on my car was slightly harder to close than drivers. After installing the BMR rails, they were both the same. In other words, that full length contact forced the floor of the car into perfect alignment that production tolerances failed to do.
FYI the bolts for Steeda full length rails also go through the boxed rail as well, so it will have a similar effect as your BMR rails. One of the reasons I chose the Steeda full length over the low profile rails that have the mounting tabs that you mentioned, to get that chassis stiffening. It is noticeable.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
FWIW, the BMR jacking rails work just fine with my QuickJack. That wasn't the reason I chose BMR after I bought both to compare, but sounds like another advantage.
Wait wut?
Steeda jacking rails arenā€™t compatible with quick jacks? Iā€™m planning on picking up a set to the 7000TLX quick jacks but I have the steeda ultra light low profile jacking rails. What is the point of contention between these 2 products?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Wait wut?
Steeda jacking rails arenā€™t compatible with quick jacks? Iā€™m planning on picking up a set to the 7000TLX quick jacks but I have the steeda ultra light low profile jacking rails. What is the point of contention between these 2 products?
I have the steeda full length rails and i lift my 2018 gt all the time with no issues, for the past 3+ years

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Wait wut?
I am not sure we have ever tested the Jacking Rails with the quick jacks but having sold 1000s of them - I have never really heard of this being an issue.

I will have to run this by our internal & see what they say.

TJ
Sponsored