Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Nothing stops a stone, rock, etc from hitting anywhere on the car. I considered the entire hood and fenders but opted out.

Worth it? To each their own.

I did PPF on my former '18 SHO. 1/3 hood and fenders. I did get a small chip further back on the hood which I touched-up. I'd rather have a minor paint touch up in that area, than the little vinyl "tag" that can happen when a stone hits hard enough.

While the PPF edge is barely noticeable on the hood and fenders, we would have to cut around the GT emblems, or remove and replace. Didn't like either option.

I am putting RokBlokx on the car too.

In 33,000 miles, the SHO had a few little nicks in the film...the rest of the car was OK except for the small touch up on the hood.. The nicks on the bumper are annoying, but not as annoying as stone chips.
Yeah I’ve had some bad chips all over the hood, fenders, a pillars and front of the roof on previous cars. Hence why I get full coverage on the front and strip on the roof.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yeah, I know it costs more but it’s well worth it.
Ugh, agreed. I drop my baby off at the Spa tomorrow for two days of PPF (2x layers on bumper, hood, a-pillars and fenders) as well as Ceramic Coating (2 coats everywhere including wheels).

What did I do for my S550 this weekend?

- Ordered BlackVue 900X-2CH Plus dashcam kit
- Ordered Cervinis C-Series upper and lower (smart and safe package)
- Ordered Form Smoked rear tail lights

Now I'm debating on which of my organs I can get away with selling on the dark web and still have some semblance of quality of life.

That's the reason I held off ordering the OPT7 underglow kit for the car when at Cars and Coffee. The bank doesn't understand "Sorry I can pay the mortgage this month because mods.. You know?"

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Question. What’s stopping a stone/rock/pebble/UFO from hitting the 2/3 of the hood and fenders that aren’t covered in PPF?

The shop that does my PPF had a customer that only wanted 1/3 of the hood covered. When the customer left that day, a stone hit the hood where there wasn’t PPF coverage.

Yeah, I know it costs more but it’s well worth it.
PPF the whole car and the next day some teenager on their phone plows into you and destroys the car. I think he’s just playing off likelihood…

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Now I'm debating on which of my organs I can get away with selling on the dark web and still have some semblance of quality of life.

That's the reason I held off ordering the OPT7 underglow kit for the car when at Cars and Coffee. The bank doesn't understand "Sorry I can pay the mortgage this month because mods.. You know?"
When this light comes on in the dash:

dash.png

sell blood for new parts

bld.png

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
PPF the whole car and the next day some teenager on their phone plows into you and destroys the car. I think he’s just playing off likelihood…
Yeah, can’t really do anything about someone else crashing into you. The shop I go to gets a lot Teslas doing full body PPF for some reason.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yeah, can’t really do anything about someone else crashing into you. The shop I go to gets a lot Teslas doing full body PPF for some reason.
Prolly cause those things are insanely expensive… if I had the money for a Tesla I’d have the money for full PPF.

Of course, if I had the money for a Tesla I’d buy a GT350…

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Prolly cause those things are insanely expensive… if I had the money for a Tesla I’d have the money for full PPF.

Of course, if I had the money for a Tesla is buy a GT350…
Actually some of them are the Model 3. Which aren’t even the most expensive Teslas. I dunno, maybe it’s a Tesla thing.

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Add the smartTop module to… really liking that I i can have sport mode set and it doesn't reset after turning it off... in hindsight I problem should have taken a pic before I put the panels back.
E8946535-0E89-4B03-9F5B-3E788F49261D.jpeg

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Actually some of them are the Model 3. Which aren’t even the most expensive Teslas. I dunno, maybe it’s a Tesla thing.
Yeah, full PPF on a $40-$50k car is a bit much for me…

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Add the smartTop module to… really liking that I i can have sport mode set and it doesn't reset after turning it off... in hindsight I problem should have taken a pic before I put the panels back.
E8946535-0E89-4B03-9F5B-3E788F49261D.jpeg
I've been considering this too. How much of pain was it to do the install?

Sponsored

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
I've been considering this too. How much of pain was it to do the install?
Less than 15 minutes… I spent more time downloading the software and making sure I had the most recent version than actually installing. Best part was I didn’t have to remove the seat or door sill panel to get to the connector.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Ugh, agreed. I drop my baby off at the Spa tomorrow for two days of PPF (2x layers on bumper, hood, a-pillars and fenders) as well as Ceramic Coating (2 coats everywhere including wheels).

What did I do for my S550 this weekend?

- Ordered BlackVue 900X-2CH Plus dashcam kit
- Ordered Cervinis C-Series upper and lower (smart and safe package)
- Ordered Form Smoked rear tail lights

I just had the whole nose PPFed last week including the headlights & mirrors...I didn't want a seam running across the hood so I chose to have the complete hood done. They also cut around the GT emblems and you wouldn't even notice. you'll have to look real hard....very happy with the reults

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Less than 15 minutes… I spent more time downloading the software and making sure I had the most recent version than actually installing. Best part was I didn’t have to remove the seat or door sill panel to get to the connector.
Yeah, I was looking at the instructions and was thinking that they were going through a lot of steps the get there, but didn't study it close enough to really understand.

Can you get the the USB connector with the panels in place (to make updates or changes), or do you need to pop the panels?

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I was looking at the instructions and was thinking that they were going through a lot of steps the get there, but didn't study it close enough to really understand.

Can you get the the USB connector with the panels in place (to make updates or changes), or do you need to pop the panels?
The module sits behind the panel, so you’d have to pop the, to get to the USB… the don't give you much in terms of length of the connectors.

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hey all, so first mod was taking the dealer advertising surrounds of the plates. Second mod was the Ford Performance hood struts. Sorta went well. Passenger side kept twisting the base when closing and opening the hood. So I had to reef (Super torque) on it to stop. Messed my battery cover a bit. Template for the hole is off for the lower left bracket plus I did the cut so I can remove the battery cover without removing the lower rod. These should have been a factory item. Come on Ford!! Pics below.

20220703_181809.jpg

20220703_181751.jpg

20220703_181739.jpg
Sponsored