Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Okay, so for the rest of time I will remember you comment here because I did not know that about the mirror and rear quarter panels. Well, I at least never paid attention when parking in the garage. Thank you for that input.

I'm in the process of getting lowering parts to improve the stance. Wondering if anyone has input on basic needs for someone new to cars (truck guy). I'm interested in the Ford performance street springs as they say they fit on factory shocks and struts. Is that true? Is that basically true for any aftermarket springs? Do I need camber plates to bring it back to factory alignment? Will it remain under warranty if I go aftermarket (I'm interested in Steeda)? I just am ignorant to the whole thing and don't want to purchase things I don't need.

I will most likely track it, but I need to treat the build as something I can drive every weekend and have fun in. The tracking of it will be few and far between.

Thanks for any advice and help. I'm impatiently waiting for a set of wheels and tires to ship. SVE SP2 19x10/11
Make sure you measure and have the proper room to lower your car and match the springs accordingly. I went through 4 sets before I was happy and really the only ones I can run, anything else would rub. Every car can vary up to a half inch in height. The thought generally on caster / camber plates is if you are going to have it all apart and need another alignment, might as well add them now. My car is only lowered .5 inch but they were needed to get the alignment I wanted with 20" rims. If you plan on tracking the car at all I would Steeda or BMR out the suspension completely and get better dampers than the stock ones. Not sure about warranty but those modifications should not mess with the powertrain at least. I have about one finger width between tires and the fenders.
Sponsored

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Make sure you measure and have the proper room to lower your car and match the springs accordingly. I went through 4 sets before I was happy and really the only ones I can run, anything else would rub. Every car can vary up to a half inch in height. The thought generally on caster / camber plates is if you are going to have it all apart and need another alignment, might as well add them now. My car is only lowered .5 inch but they were needed to get the alignment I wanted with 20" rims. If you plan on tracking the car at all I would Steeda or BMR out the suspension completely and get better dampers than the stock ones. Not sure about warranty but those modifications should not mess with the powertrain at least. I have about one finger width between tires and the fenders.
Love the look of 20" wheels, but didn't like what I was reading with ride comfort. I will definitely take your advice and now feel adequately prepared to hold a conversation with my dealer's performance tech.

I'm excited for spring to see how this thing looks when all said and done.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Love the look of 20" wheels, but didn't like what I was reading with ride comfort. I will definitely take your advice and now feel adequately prepared to hold a conversation with my dealer's performance tech.

You might sacrifice ride comfort a little but taking corners at 90mph without flinching and practically zero body roll is worth it. Well to me at least. I wanted a good handler.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've found with many things, that I have to try it out myself before making a decision based on what others had to say. I've watched many a movie that critics said was terrible and I found the movie to be great :) I don't really know what comfort means to you so would never tell you they are this or that. Lot's of manufactors put 20" or larger wheels on the cars. Roush installs 20" wheels on their cars. I am not saying go for 20" because I have and like them, I am saying try to get a ride in a car that has them. Now if you pick the wrong springs/shocks, you are definitely in for a comfortable ride disappointment.

Sponsored

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
I've found with many things, that I have to try it out myself before making a decision based on what others had to say. I've watched many a movie that critics said was terrible and I found the movie to be great :) I don't really know what comfort means to you so would never tell you they are this or that. Lot's of manufactors put 20" or larger wheels on the cars. Roush installs 20" wheels on their cars. I am not saying go for 20" because I have and like them, I am saying try to get a ride in a car that has them. Now if you pick the wrong springs/shocks, you are definitely in for a comfortable ride disappointment.
Yep, the benefits of being right just aren't worth the costs of being wrong for me. So 19" wheels were the play.

I agree with the review logic since car opinions are so subjective to user preference.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Love the look of 20" wheels, but didn't like what I was reading with ride comfort.
there's nothing inherently 'uncomfortable' about 20" tires. Just the people tend to compensate with shorter /30 sidewalls to stay close to 27" diameter. If you put at least /35 on 275-295 or go with tires known to have soft sidewalls (Conti all-seasons) then "comfort" can be maintained.

When people jump from /45 18" tires like the garbage these cars come equipped from factory, yes the change is very obvious.

Last edited:

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Pre-track season, bath, buff and polish..
All the debris rubber marks from track pickup are gone..

B54FE674-DFDC-41DE-AB4C-6A56724850C2.jpeg

pfm685

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 301A
Got this handsome devil delivered about an hour ago. Gonna hopefully try to tackle the install this weekend if I’m not encased in a block of ice.
4BCE75CA-6870-4BD7-BF35-5330E6953CDA.jpeg
Best looking wheel I've seen. Could I get a link manufacturer please? Thanks

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
there's nothing inherently 'uncomfortable' about 20" tires. Just the people tend to compensate with shorter /30 sidewalls to stay close to 27" diameter. If you put at least /35 on 275-295 or go with tires known to have soft sidewalls (Conti all-seasons) then "comfort" can be maintained.

When people jump from /45 18" tires like the garbage these cars come equipped from factory, yes the change is very obvious.
Thanks for your input. My 19s are wrapped in 305/35/19 and 285/35/19 so I should be perfecto!

Still contemplating what to do with the suspension.

Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Got this handsome devil delivered about an hour ago. Gonna hopefully try to tackle the install this weekend if I’m not encased in a block of ice.
4BCE75CA-6870-4BD7-BF35-5330E6953CDA.jpeg
Look killer! You may want to get a new wheel bolt from Ford it's only $4 at least it was a year ago🙂 I swapped out my wheel twice and the bolt worked out while driving thankfully I was only 5 miles from home.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Best looking wheel I've seen. Could I get a link manufacturer please? Thanks
Thanks! Here you go. Bought during the BF sale. They had heated as an option when I bought mine, which is what convinced me to go with them, but I'm not seeing it as an option any longer.

Look killer! You may want to get a new wheel bolt from Ford it's only $4 at least it was a year ago🙂 I swapped out my wheel twice and the bolt worked out while driving thankfully I was only 5 miles from home.
Good looking out, I'll have to see if I can find one around this weekend.
Sponsored