Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
No, I meant you'll have no filter on your noise decibels! Sorry for the neighbors!
😬

I guess I'll just need to see how loud it is tomorrow. I'm excited.
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Havent used that since the one time i tried it and it left fine scratches on my glass.
Spring I do a 'super clean' on the glass,first alcohol, and then use the buffer to polish/clean it. It has actualy taken out some small blemishes. Over the summer and bug season I may need to do it again, and fall is to prep for winter.

Have used rainX and stoners.... rain X is good when fresh, but I dont like the after effects after it half wears off. Stoners (invisible glass) always worked wonders on motorcycle windscreens.... and its my goto for all glass now.

Just my 2 cents. good to hear about other stories. Always hope to get a new tip.
Scratches, sure it wasn't in something on the glass? I cannot imagine 0000 steel wool could ever scratch glass, way to fine. I use it on my truck, other car and mustang, never seen glass look that good. I got the tip from an auto detailing shop. It HAS to be 0000 and nothing else.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Scratches, sure it wasn't in something on the glass? I cannot imagine 0000 steel wool could ever scratch glass, way to fine. I use it on my truck, other car and mustang, never seen glass look that good. I got the tip from an auto detailing shop. It HAS to be 0000 and nothing else.
Hair like scratches ... but yes. Just my experience. Maybe I pressed too hard?
Also tried 800 grit wet sandpaper and water to remove a stubborn spot. Another mistake.
Hand rubbed buffing compound to get rid of the wet sandpaper dull spot. About 90% better, then the buffer to finish. Now I just use fine cut polish on a hex pad on the buffer to superclean.

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I just got out my car. I burned half a tank in 3hrs! The cold air is our friend, so we stay out playing in it!! The sound and performance is outstanding in this weather!
I agree, 8* and blowing snow here :D

tempImageXMXxl2.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
AGM is glass mat, yes. I was just lazy and let it sit for 4 weeks, lol. I should have invested in a tender but I usually drive it enough to avoid needing one. This winter has been a bit harsher. Oh well, now I know for next year. This battery is a nice upgrade anyway.
I drove it last Tue night. Then yesterday (Fri) went to put a tender on it and battery state was read at 40%, but again, 3 days of no driving. Garage gets down to about 20F when it's near single digits outside.

It's going to be fairly cold this weekend:

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 23.16.45.png

I have gloves somewhere. :giggle:
That's why I really like having a heated steering wheel.

However, it's not as good as other Fords. My Bullitt gets lukewarm and cycles on and off. Had the dealer actually swap a steering wheel under warranty thinking it's broken.
Had an Escape loaner, that got boiling hot. Wife's F150 gets super toasty too.
And my Bullitt gets lukewarm. Better than nothing tho!

I agree, 8* and blowing snow here :D

tempImageXMXxl2.jpg
Slide powder galore. OH is like 3F right now with the windchill, winter needs to fk off real quick. But the parking lots are covered with slide powder, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I drove it last Tue night. Then yesterday (Fri) went to put a tender on it and battery state was read at 40%, but again, 3 days of no driving. Garage gets down to about 20F when it's near single digits outside.

That's why I really like having a heated steering wheel.

However, it's not as good as other Fords. My Bullitt gets lukewarm and cycles on and off. Had the dealer actually swap a steering wheel under warranty thinking it's broken.
Had an Escape loaner, that got boiling hot. Wife's F150 gets super toasty too.
And my Bullitt gets lukewarm. Better than nothing tho!

Slide powder galore. OH is like 3F right now with the windchill, winter needs to fk off real quick. But the parking lots are covered with slide powder, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
You can adjust steering wheel temp via FORScan :)

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You can adjust steering wheel temp via FORScan :)
WHOOOOOAH!
1643472505614.png

I can? I think I might need to get a Forscan dongle now.

So wait, why wouldn't the dealer just offer to do this? So they can get some productive hours and charge it to Ford? You'd think they'd have a checklist of "customer complains of low heat from steering wheel > check Forscan > increase temp > return car > if complaint returns, swap unit."

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
😬

I guess I'll just need to see how loud it is tomorrow. I'm excited.
It's tomorrow, where's our darn video?

Same in KY. Got out last night and again this morning in it - such a blast.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you confuse them with 'giving a damn'. Or for that matter knowing anything.
Yeah, see, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's times when I'm really doing some serious facepalming.

Same in KY. Got out last night and again this morning in it - such a blast.
See, I'm worried about cops trying to get me for reckless driving or something, even if it's an open parking lot. I suppose I could try to pass it off as "learning to drive in the winter" or "testing my new winter tires" (even tho they're a year old).

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
he was promised the use of nifty lift but the owner of said lift has been a lazy, good-for-nuthin' XYZ. But he now has his truck back so maybe he can redeem himself. Slightly.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Needed to make a purchase to qualify for Stangmode's GT350 giveaway. Just a heads up I require a convertible so I'll be selling the 350 when I win. Let me know if you're interested. Wish I had room in the garage for another car.
tempImagefnGAv7.png

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
See, I'm worried about cops trying to get me for reckless driving or something, even if it's an open parking lot. I suppose I could try to pass it off as "learning to drive in the winter" or "testing my new winter tires" (even tho they're a year old).
You know, it's funny you say that. I went to a movie theater parking lot I knew would be free, cuz 10am on a Saturday, to go slide about. I wasn't finished yet, but looked up and noticed a cop car that had been sitting maybe 75 yards from where I was playing. I drove slowly to get my phone I had set up, then putted on out of the parking lot with no issues. Had me a lil worried haha

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You know, it's funny you say that. I went to a movie theater parking lot I knew would be free, cuz 10am on a Saturday, to go slide about. I wasn't finished yet, but looked up and noticed a cop car that had been sitting maybe 75 yards from where I was playing. I drove slowly to get my phone I had set up, then putted on out of the parking lot with no issues. Had me a lil worried haha
I think many (most/all?) jurisdictions won't enforce any driving laws on private property. Where I live there are reports they won't even get involved with major fender benders in parking lots.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Got the Ford Performance spec alignment and took off the engine cover. Used Meguiars APC and CG VRP on the engine.

20220129_165855.jpg

20220129_170610.jpg

20220129_173209.jpg
Sponsored