Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Didn’t buy my Mustang for MPGs, but I did get 27+ on I-80 today winding thru the Wasatch Mountains and the high plains of Western Wyoming. Not dreadful for 330 hp, I feel.
Yup some of these aren't too bad. I've gotten 29mpg on winter tires on my trip to DC, generally longer highway trips am hovering around 27-28mpg while cruising.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
set up the home link garage door opener button :crackup:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure it wasn’t Moonshine? 200mi for “apple cider” is a new one…. LOL!! 😆
it was Apple Pie. Where the 'special' ingredient is already in the jar.
hat-tip to anyone who can name the show that phrase is from. Hmm, it's about 200 miles I do reckon, though one way...

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I get poor performance from the car's door opener. It closes the door with a single button push every time, but it really ignores me when trying to open the door. What gives?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Dude. This is more of an accomplishment than you give yourself credit for.
I've moved from an Accord to a Bullitt (and then wife's F150). The buttons programming on the Fords is a PITA compared to other "homelink" systems. Or I'm just an idiot. Probably both.
I just put the hand remote door opener in my car. Only need it to open the door. Ridiculous.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dude. This is more of an accomplishment than you give yourself credit for.
I've moved from an Accord to a Bullitt (and then wife's F150). The buttons programming on the Fords is a PITA compared to other "homelink" systems. Or I'm just an idiot. Probably both.

I get poor performance from the car's door opener. It closes the door with a single button push every time, but it really ignores me when trying to open the door. What gives?
Yup, it takes holding it for a good 3 seconds to get it to close, but opening is right away. I've even tapped a wire into the garage door opener antenna, ran it towards outside and stripped the end, so there's uninsulated strands of copper wire outside so it picks up the signal halfway down the driveway already.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Part of that is the distance from the receiver and lack of obstruction. And my 2016 sometimes has months of good opening to enter (& closing on exit) and some with terrible. A remote that came with the opener will open from the street. On good months, so will the car. On bad months will barely open with the bumper almost touching the door.

Most LED bulbs will interfere with the signal if lit. So you might want to switch to bulbs that don't interfere or another type of bulb.

Also, the opener in the visor is directional. If door won't open pull the visor vertical and it will.

I was original amazed at the stupid idea of putting the buttons in a visor that will be in various positions and angles when operating. Now I'm wondering if it's to allow aiming. LoL.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Part of that is the distance from the receiver and lack of obstruction. And my 2016 sometimes has months of good opening to enter (& closing on exit) and some with terrible. A remote that came with the opener will open from the street. On good months, so will the car. On bad months will barely open with the bumper almost touching the door.

Most LED bulbs will interfere with the signal if lit. So you might want to switch to bulbs that don't interfere or another type of bulb.

Also, the opener in the visor is directional. If door won't open pull the visor vertical and it will.

I was original amazed at the stupid idea of putting the buttons in a visor that will be in various positions and angles when operating. Now I'm wondering if it's to allow aiming. LoL.
It's got to be to allow aiming. Honestly kind of smart way to work around a crappy transmitter. Wife's F150 I have to pull the wiser down and aim it to open it. My Bullitt I usually don't.

The LED bulbs sending interferrence must be the case. I actually get worse radio reception when my lights are on. Seriously - at lights parked I had crystal clear reception, then auto headlights came on and reception worsened. I toggled them on and off and reception quality corresponded to that.

Someone on this forum suggested I might have bad ground. It's at a dealer now (to button up couple of things until I'm out of warranty in 6,000 miles) and they reported finding nothing wrong so far.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Someone on this forum suggested I might have bad ground. It's at a dealer now (to button up couple of things until I'm out of warranty in 6,000 miles) and they reported finding nothing wrong so far.
If they mean ground in the visor, maybe. As I said, mine opens from the street for months on end and the suddenly bumper needs to be almost touching the door for equally long periods (its current state). And its not an interference issue because the remote that came with the opener will open the same distance away (one house away) in both scenarios.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If they mean ground in the visor, maybe. As I said, mine opens from the street for months on end and the suddenly bumper needs to be almost touching the door for equally long periods (its current state). And its not an interference issue because the remote that came with the opener will open the same distance away (one house away) in both scenarios.
No no, I meant someone suggested the vehicle ground might be bad, hence my lights being on/off affecting radio reception. I was just referring to your comment on LEDs creating interference for radio signals for the garage door opener, so they must also have same effect for radio, hence my problem. :)

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)

Our hand remote will operate the door from across the street.
The Mustang button closes the door easily, but won't open it.
With either method, the SAME button is pushed, i.e. there is not one button to open and a different button to close.

It stands to reason that a single RF signal is used to both open and close the door.
So it should perform the same whether opening or closing.
Therefore, I don't buy the aiming idea if it behaves for closing but not opening. But I will try that just in case.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I agree, I do like the contrast of the black and white... But it feels overplayed. Kind of like black rims. So that's what I was looking at doing, just enough to make it a little more different than every other white stang out there.
But I'm not brave enough to go with another color for accents. So the cautious mediocrity path is what I'll continue with.
In real life, that other mustang was definitely more of a cream color and a little too soft for me. However, I did like the two tone leather seats.
This is my first car with black rims, and I love them. I don't like black rims on all colors though, but I am enjoying my TO, as I think black looks good with it, and I don't see many, if not any around here, so I kinda like the exclusivity of it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Our hand remote will operate the door from across the street.
The Mustang button closes the door easily, but won't open it.
With either method, the SAME button is pushed, i.e. there is not one button to open and a different button to close.

It stands to reason that a single RF signal is used to both open and close the door.
So it should perform the same whether opening or closing.
Therefore, I don't buy the aiming idea if it behaves for closing but not opening. But I will try that just in case.
Not clear in every one of those scenarios when you are talking about opening or closing while in the garage or out of the garage. It would make sense for a weak signal to easily open the door for exit but not for entrance with a garage door in between.

Likewise, I had LEDs bulbs in the opener. Easy to open the door from inside the garage with those lights off. Opening the door turns them on and they interfered with closing the door after exit.
Sponsored

Last edited: