Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I agree but I’m not sure I follow, that is why I don’t use the NAV in my car. It sucks. I plug-in Apple Play and use my apps. Are you saying that android doesn’t work well with our cars? That would stink.
When it works it's great. You get a large screen for Google maps. Then it drops out and you go back to Ford Nav and lose your route.
Sometimes we program both just in case. After the dropout you also lose the Ford route. But at least you have it in history for a quick retrieval.
It's frustrating when it drops out at a critical moment during the route.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
275 mile round trip to pickup some wheels for my recent Honda Ridgeline purchase so I have summer/winter, wheels/tires. Great drive north east of Albany, NY. Very pretty part of the state once off the BORING 4 lane highway.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
After the LMR show today, I spent some time in the AC and put the decals on the calipers I painted last weekend... Ahhhhh, that's nice. Now all of the bits and pieces are in place to do the brake swap one of these next few weekends.

51623775021_ff83c7ec6a_c.jpg
Brembo Upgrade by clair_davis, on Flickr

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Car wash party.

IMG_1022.jpeg

(a grumpy old guy owns the blue one :crackup: )

Edit: It was nice to finally drive it a decent bit again today. Haven't been able to for the last week due to a left arm in a sling. Kinda hard to turn, shift, operate the turn signal(!) and eat sloppy joes all with one arm that has a splinted finger. :giggle:

Ran into a late model 5th gen that was modded, and an over eager C class owner at the same time, coming home. 3rd gear is strong...:)

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can say that I have not had a problem with Android Auto. I trust it a lot more than the built-in NAV.

I agree but I’m not sure I follow, that is why I don’t use the NAV in my car. It sucks. I plug-in Apple Play and use my apps. Are you saying that android doesn’t work well with our cars? That would stink.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Ford nav doesn't know the latest road or traffic conditions
Factory nav comes with five years of SiriusXM traffic plus. I have tested in against waze and google maps and it gets me to my destination just as quick. At least in the NYC/LI area.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s great George. Now we can spend the next year trying to figure out what the updates are. :cwl:
curvy roads (Tail of the Dragon) in and around the Smokey Mountains are marked NO TRUCKS!
/kidding

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have tested in against waze and google maps and it gets me to my destination just as quick. At least in the NYC/LI area.
given that max speed is 20mph if not 3mph most roads in your neck of the woods, is this really a "success story" though? :)

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
curvy roads (Tail of the Dragon) in and around the Smokey Mountains are marked NO TRUCKS!
/kidding
Let's plan a trip there. I went with my G35. Really want to go back.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
given that max speed is 20mph if not 3mph most roads in your neck of the woods, is this really a "success story" though? :)
Its not that bad. Local streets are minimum 25mph and highways are 50-55mph. Unless there is traffic, but that's sort of my point. The factory nav has no issue routing me around traffic just as well as the apps. If you are somewhere with high speed limits and no traffic why would it matter anyway?
Sponsored