Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Took her in to Ford for a front end noise, parts are on order now.

D23D53FC-80EA-4A49-BC8B-271B92A952BF.jpeg
And what was wrong? What's being replaced? How many miles on the car?

ER95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what was wrong? What's being replaced? How many miles on the car?
About 31,000 miles. Turning at slow speeds, left and right, made a popping metal sort of noise. Tech said it was the strut bearings.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I like JL Audio too. This system lasted a few months in my GTI. Sold the GTI for the '21 Tiguan, but kept my subs and JL 1200 amp. Now I'm looking for another hatch to put the system back in. I don't want this in any of my current cars.

id be deaf.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Did you sell it penguin???

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
The wheels are 6gr with a +35 offset. I will need to dig out my alignment sheet to recall the exact camber but it was all within spec for the recommendations BMR provided for a street setup with their handling springs
If you don't know your alignment specs off the top of your head, I'm not sure we can be friends. 🧐

My Mustang:
Front camber, -1.1*
Rear camber, -1.5*

Evo:
Front camber, -1.8*
Rear camber, -1.0*

240SX:
Front camber, -2.0*
Rear camber, -1.6*

Girlfriend's Accord:
Front camber, -0.8*
Rear camber, -1.5*

Toe is zero, for all of them.

Edit:
Shawna's GT500 has 0 camber & toe in the back (because S197).
I'm not 100% sure about the front but her husband who she allows to drive it thinks it's about -3.4* of camber at the front (because track car).

I've tried to learn about autocross setup by asking a lot of people about a lot of cars. 😅

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Did you sell it penguin???
he works til 5, we meet up at the credit union to figure everything out.
There’s two ways to do this. Let’s use simple numbers, let’s say I owe 15k loan, and I want 26k loan.

usaa said safest way to do it, is have them send a 26k check to usaa; they pay loan, and then pay me the remainder in a seperste chrck. Can take weeks

Other way is I get a 10k from the guy cash/check and their credit people pays my loan off

what’s best way? I’ve never sold a car with a loan before, and I’ve never bought used before either

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
he works til 5, we meet up at the credit union to figure everything out.
There’s two ways to do this. Let’s use simple numbers, let’s say I owe 15k loan, and I want 26k loan.

usaa said safest way to do it, is have them send a 26k check to usaa; they pay loan, and then pay me the remainder in a seperste chrck. Can take weeks

Other way is I get a 10k from the guy cash/check and their credit people pays my loan off

what’s best way? I’ve never sold a car with a loan before, and I’ve never bought used before either
Oh ok well good luck.

If he has a check for the amount you're selling the car for your bank can pay off your loan and you get rest of the money from your bank in your account or cash. Try to take him to your bank if he has the check for the loan amount.

Sending a check would take forever. Long ass process.

I sold a car before where we both met at Navy Fed and it was done like that.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Detailed and spray waxed. Taking it out tonight to cruise the bars, Mustang Club tour of a museum tomorrow AM, and then a car cruise-in at a local restaurant at noon tomorrow.

IMG_4437.jpg

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Detailed and spray waxed. Taking it out tonight to cruise the bars, Mustang Club tour of a museum tomorrow AM, and then a car cruise-in at a local restaurant at noon tomorrow.

IMG_4437.jpg
Gotta Luv Green.

Sounds like a fun day, hope you take plenty of pics...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Audio is weird. If you're used to factory sounding stuff it's okay. Then you hear the Alpine setup and now factory sounds like trash. I imagine it goes even further the higher up you go. Took years to get readjusted to factory sound after going through my upgraded audio phase in previous cars.
My ears aren't picky, as long as I have that V8 soundtrack behind me ;) It's funny too because I have a pretty decent mid range audio setup at home, and I know what music is "supposed" to sound like, but at the same time I don't mind my stock base 6 speaker system in the car. It's not loud and there's all but no bass, but the clarity is fine and the sound stage is OK for a car. Adequate is all I need in my vehicles. I don't think I'd ever bother to spend any money messing with it. But that's just me.
Sponsored