Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Thanks Joker! She's running great. The most noticeable difference to me is from 50+mph to WOT, seems be quicker than before. I expect more performance when I return to the 93_e85 Flex Fuel tune this summer.
e85 is available locally so at some point I will PM you with some questions.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Thanks! I guess the MIT Airaid tube I purchased is a different one from the Airaid CAI kit, not having the MVT piece. I do need to contact Livernois to see if the combination of the tube, filter and ram air needs a tune revision. The new parts by themselves don't require and update but maybe together they will, I hope it does, more hp. :D
Does just the air raid intake tube by itself require a tune??

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Not my 16, but I bought the last OEM drivers side seat cushion in the USA for my 02 Vert. I have been driving the 16 this week and using the crap out of the seat heaters. At lease they work like advertised versus the cooling feature.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Added a fresh layer (or 6) of frozen hydrogen oxide.
Snowstang.jpg

Sponsored

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my BRM vertical links today. Took just under an hour from wheels up to wheels down. Easier than I was expecting! Stockers look flimsy compared to these. We have been snowed i so I will have to wait to test them out.
vl1.jpg
vl2.jpg

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Confirmed when I asked the same question a year or more before. MAF stays the same and the Airaid intake tube is post-MAF so same tune is fine as with stock elbow.
Ah ok. That's where I was confused. I thought the airaid MIT held the MAF sensor like in the airaid full intake tube.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
New Shoes!

[ame]

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Added a fresh layer (or 6) of frozen hydrogen oxide.
Have some sympathy for us in Oz - 80 degree temps for New Year barbies. Pretty hot. Going on a country run to a lake tomorrow 32 stangs so far so should be good day for a barbecue and exercise the horses.:)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Have some sympathy for us in Oz - 80 degree temps for New Year barbies. Pretty hot. Going on a country run to a lake tomorrow 32 stangs so far so should be good day for a barbecue and exercise the horses.:)
106 F forecast for Melbourne tomorrow.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I found out that my car runs OK with one tailpipe plugged.

Backing up and turning in the driveway in the fallout from the snowbomb, I backed into a snowbank, then drove about half an hour at moderate slow highway speeds. When I parked, I noticed the driver side tailpipe was plugged with hard-packed snow. I needed to poke around with a screwdriver to break it up and pull it out. Doesn't seem to have caused any problems; ran fine on the drive home.

I wonder if I'd have noticed any difference if I'd floored it. Guess I'm lucky the roads were too slick to do that.
Sponsored