Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
First time posting to this thread, and there was a lot done today!!!

I got my car back from the dealership last night after getting a complete warranty repaint. It's not I wanted because a repaint is never the same as factory, so I got a custom paint job done and today I cleaned up the car.

I vacuumed the interior, cleaned the windows and treated all of the leather/vinyl/plastics to a cleaner/conditioner. I found a light misting of overspray on all smooth surfaces, so I cleaned all of that up with a claybar. The screen, chrome bezels and steering wheel trim were all clayed for a smooth finish.

I then checked the exterior and found overspray there also. The entire car, even windows, got a clay treatment. I found many places where the body shop missed a complete buff after sanding, so I got out the Porter Cable and compound, and compounded the entire top surfaces of the car. I also clayed the door jambs to clean up any overspray in there. I got what I could.

Lastly, the new grill came with the Mustang emblem and I had to remove the hood latch to gain access to the emblem from behind to remove it. While under the hood, I cleaned up all of the compound dust and runoff from the body shop.

It was a long day and I still have more to go, but it's almost done!!! The following pictures were when I picked it up last night.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
That's a beautiful color, BM. :D

What are your plans for it? Mods, or keep it stock?

Sponsored

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Cervini chin splitter installed, dealer is installing my FRPP street handling pack and my PP2, then it's time to install the Stalker hood and MMD-V series spoiler. My build is slowly coming together. :)

psh69OU.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Did a lot today. I installed my CF Hood Vents and made them more functional by cutting out the excess under the vents. I also put on a K&N air filter cover and washed it.

24681734547_cb6d8ac215_b.jpg

Shot out to the sponsor [MENTION=15374]HCM Carbon[/MENTION]
27773064679_ab8852497a_b.jpg

Cutting out the excess material. Should breath/vent better.
39519603462_798533116e_b.jpg

Cheap insurance for car washes and rain.
39549034121_c7c502dee7_b.jpg

I took it for a blast down the road and there was no hood flutter at high speeds. I'll post a full "How to" on my build thread shortly.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Well I tried to fix (take off) my Eibach wheel spacers and replace my rotors and pads. Also planned on painting the calipers while I was in there. While checking and torqueing the lugs the other day, one of the studs just twisted and broke. :frusty: So since I planned on doing the brakes anyway, I figured I would run without the spacers for awhile until I figured out my next move. Not so easy. Took the wheel off and the first 4 nuts holding on the spacer, but the 5th would not budge. I'm using a Mac 650 ft lb 1/2 " impact and the compressor is a 60 gallon 300 psi unit. Lets just say I have NEVER had a problem getting anything loose with this. Plenty of penetrating fluid used next. Nothing. Tried heating it up and hitting it again with the impact. Nothing. I can't believe the stud hasn't broke at this point. I'm hoping to find a shop that has a 1000 ft lb impact and seeing if that works. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.
IMG_0264_LI (6).jpg

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=31740]scottmoyer[/MENTION]
That's a sharp looking car ! I like that.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well I tried to fix (take off) my Eibach wheel spacers and replace my rotors and pads. Also planned on painting the calipers while I was in there. While checking and torqueing the lugs the other day, one of the studs just twisted and broke. :frusty: So since I planned on doing the brakes anyway, I figured I would run without the spacers for awhile until I figured out my next move. Not so easy. Took the wheel off and the first 4 nuts holding on the spacer, but the 5th would not budge. I'm using a Mac 650 ft lb 1/2 " impact and the compressor is a 60 gallon 300 psi unit. Lets just say I have NEVER had a problem getting anything loose with this. Plenty of penetrating fluid used next. Nothing. Tried heating it up and hitting it again with the impact. Nothing. I can't believe the stud hasn't broke at this point. I'm hoping to find a shop that has a 1000 ft lb impact and seeing if that works. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Were the lugs or spacer nuts cross threaded when initially installed? Or way over torqued?

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Were the lugs or spacer nuts cross threaded when initially installed? Or way over torqued?
Bolt extractor worked for the ones that had that got stuck. Just tap it on. You probably stripped the lug. The eBay ones use cheaper soft lugs.
Sponsored