Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Installed Magnaflow Competition axlebacks. Couldn't get the driver side to line up so I'll try again tomorrow.
You may never get them lined up perfect if you're picky about that kind of stuff like me.

I ended up taking the car to a muffler shop and they heated up the hanger real good, put a long piece of exhaust pipe in the muffler's end and pried until it lined up. He then sprayed the hanger with water.

Note to [MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] ... use hangers that aren't so thick so we can adjust ourselves please.
Sponsored

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had to realign my exhaust after installing my x-pipe in the garage while on my back. 15min job on my buddies new Atlas two post lift. Its amazing how much time one saves with a lift! :cheers:
20171127_103951.jpg

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I got this far with the [MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] stripes on, except for the roof and front bumper. I'll finish those in a day or two. I'm about 1.5 hours in..so far, so good..
Looking good. I’ve got a Grabber Blue with the black roof and installed twin stripes but didn’t look right so removed them. But it definitely works with the white

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Sold my V6 to Carmax :-(

To make way for my GT :-)

But I will really miss my V6. Driving it for the last time to Carmax, and comparing it to my GT really made me feel it had a place in the mustang family. It felt light and nimble, with adequate power and great MPG. The GT is just........awesome.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I was awake all night going over the step-by-step process of installing stripes on my car. All night.. All damn Night!!! To you people that aren't OCD, F-U..!! LOL. I must have installed these stripes 30 times in about as many ways. I'm so damn burned out from mind f'ing with these stripes all night, I might not even install them now. I am that sick of them already. F my life!
I LOL'ed at this, mostly because I'm the same way.

I read the install manuals for the Procharger and OPG/CG job at least 15 times and went through the install process in my head more times than I can count... Before I even had the parts.... or the car. I barely even needed to read them during the job :lol:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think this is why my wife hates me modding more than the money it costs. She knows that I stress over things.

I LOL'ed at this, mostly because I'm the same way.

I read the install manuals for the Procharger and OPG/CG job at least 15 times and went through the install process in my head more times than I can count... Before I even had the parts.... or the car. I barely even needed to read them during the job :lol:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I think this is why my wife hates me modding more than the money it costs. She knows that I stress over things.
Oh God, I stress over the stupidest/littlest things. Makes owning these cars a huge pain considering Mustang's aren't known for being anywhere near flawless :doh:

Just tonight I was installing my Diode Dynamics side marker lights, and almost broke the damn clips getting the new lenses in since the lighting harness didn't have enough slack. Most people would say "whatever", but I overthink everything haha.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I just test drove a 2018 GT with the A10/digital cluster while waiting for my car to get serviced. I mean, cool but I didn't feel like I was walking away from anything special honestly. I actually felt better getting back into my car once they were done changing the oil.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
You may never get them lined up perfect if you're picky about that kind of stuff like me.

I ended up taking the car to a muffler shop and they heated up the hanger real good, put a long piece of exhaust pipe in the muffler's end and pried until it lined up. He then sprayed the hanger with water.

Note to [MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] ... use hangers that aren't so thick so we can adjust ourselves please.
Farted around with it some this morning thinking it was just user error. Remeasured and cut off a bit more of the pipe exiting the resonator. Still couldn't get it close to fitting right.

Then took it to a small local exhaust place and even he was amazed at how badly it lined up. So in the end he had to cut off the front hanger and weld in a new one PLUS heated and bent the rear hanger. Even after all this it isn't perfect fit and sticks outward about 1/2". Not that noticeable unless you really look and having the black mufflers/tips helps hide it even more.

Disappointed this is how it went but at least liking the sound on my initial short drive.
[MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Got the new wheels put on her...

m600s.jpg
Looks great! Is that the standard silver? It looks different, but in a good way.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Looks great! Is that the standard silver? It looks different, but in a good way.
They call it graphite. I was hoping they were a little darker (like my other wheels) but the color is growing on me.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Dudie7... will u do anything with the centercaps?? I had a guy make me up some vinyl stickers..worked great for my wheels, breaks up the Gray ! Maybe paint the capipers??? Nice look!!
IMG_3499.JPG