Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Looking Great

I got this far with the [MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] stripes on, except for the roof and front bumper. I'll finish those in a day or two. I'm about 1.5 hours in..so far, so good..
Looks perfect man. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Does anybody have suggestions for installing wheel spacers? Should I invest in a steel brush attachment for my drill to clean off rust/debris, and should I be using some kind of anti-seize?

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Does anybody have suggestions for installing wheel spacers? Should I invest in a steel brush attachment for my drill to clean off rust/debris, and should I be using some kind of anti-seize?
Get a torque wrench to properly seat the lugs

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a torque wrench to properly seat the lugs
Yeah, I plan on torquing the spacers to 120ft/lbs as per the recommendations I've seen in a lot of videos, then re-torquing after 100 miles or so to be safe. I believe the PP wheels are 150 ft/lbs as per the manual.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Finished..!!..
I'm really liking how much more aggressive it appears to me now.
Looks awesome! Nice job. I love when the stripes continue down the front bumper.

For the $3 and 5 minutes it will cost I would get the steel brush and make sure everything is completely smooth before installing the spacer, so that you're sure its on even/straight. Anti seize really isnt necessary. +1 on the torque wrench and you could do blue loctite on the spacer if you want to be extra careful, but not necessary.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the $3 and 5 minutes it will cost I would get the steel brush and make sure everything is completely smooth before installing the spacer, so that you're sure its on even/straight. Anti seize really isnt necessary. +1 on the torque wrench and you could do blue loctite on the spacer if you want to be extra careful, but not necessary.
Thanks! I was looking at something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Century-Dril...d=1511917123&sr=8-14&keywords=wire+brush&th=1

You think that would suffice?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes that's what I would use. I'm sure most people dont, but I'm a little OCD lol.
Oh I'm right there with you. I make sure every install is 100% perfection... or at least, close :cheers:

Looking at the brush selections, there's a fine or a coarse option... I'm thinking coarse for rust?

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Oh I'm right there with you. I make sure every install is 100% perfection... or at least, close :cheers:
Is there any other way? lol

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)

Looking at the brush selections, there's a fine or a coarse option... I'm thinking coarse for rust?
I've never seen different options on those wheels... It's just a wire brush. Either one would probably work but I guess I would go fine so you get a smoother finish, I'm sure it will take rust off fine either way.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've always done both. With the anti-seize, just dab some on a rag and rub on the spacer side - it doesn't need to be on thick.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Finally buttoned up my shed and got enough junk moved out of the garage that I can start parking the Mustang in the garage at night. If the urge to detail / clean / mess with it at night becomes too bad, I might end up parking it in the driveway again. :D

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Finished..!!..
I'm really liking how much more aggressive it appears to me now.
Looks phenomenal man. I've considered stripes myself. Coming to you if I ever do them, LOL. I'll give you a week to sleep on it.
Sponsored