Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Make it 3. With all the work ur doing Id fab up some sheetmetal or thin plate stock to go from the jacking rails to the unibody rail. Thats a pretty vulnerable area for that cable. Cool build though.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If you need that much power in your trunk for two seperate 1/0 runs, then you'd probably be better off relocating your battery instead.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If you need that much power in your trunk for two seperate 1/0 runs, then you'd probably be better off relocating your battery instead.
Or add an car audio specific battery to the trunk. Like a GEL cell.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Dumb

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Good to hear! I like the look! I have HRE FF04's with the same tires and size with the exception of the rears being NO Porsche and not K1. I know you were wanting to know how the NO Porsche tires performed. I recently went to Laguna Seca and the tires performed extremely well.

I'm on RideTech coilovers with higher spring rates geared more for track use. One thing I noticed when I did my post track inspection and bolt torque checks afterwards was that the taller than stock tires both front and rear were coming in contact with the bottom of the wheel wells. You could see the outline of the tread on the bottom of the wells with exception to the left rear. Laguna Seca does have some corners where you get some good compression at speed compared to some of the other tracks I've run.

Fortunately I have a set of 305/30R19 Continental ContiForceContacts in the garage waiting for some dedicated 19x11 track wheels. They are much shorter so I don't anticipate the same issues.
Thanks man! Good to hear about the tires! I have been meaning to make it out to Laguna but haven't quite worked it out yet.

Your feedback on the tire aspect and rubbing is good to know too. Eventually I would like to convert my car into more of a track car with a more aggressive suspension set-up.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yesterday, snapped these after putting on a different set of numbers for the remainder of the track-day/auto-x season. Had to include one of the new wheels too ;)
20170826_181536.jpg
20170826_184113.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Bought some Super Snake stripes in white. Wife hated the LeMans style haha.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
What are you powering with cables that huge?
Two Rockford T2500-1bdcps, T600-4, P400X4, Helix DSP Pro

Around 8000W RMS. Will be going into two Fi Audio SP4v2s, Active 3 way Hertz speakers up front and coaxial in the rear.

Not sure that's how I would have run those cables........
I second that!
I wasn't sure for awhile either. A good couple hours was spent just figuring out the best route to take I think. Originally looked into routing over the differential but was much more cramped and hard to get above moving parts. Through the wheel wells worked best.

Make it 3. With all the work ur doing Id fab up some sheetmetal or thin plate stock to go from the jacking rails to the unibody rail. Thats a pretty vulnerable area for that cable. Cool build though.
Thanks, that's not a bad idea I may look into that. The conduit is pretty tough but it is only plastic.

Or add an car audio specific battery to the trunk. Like a GEL cell.
An XS Power D4700 is going up front and a D3100 is going in the rear. Car audio AGM batteries. The D3100 is huge and around 90lbs. Both capable of alot of amperage.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
He's building a Pri-mus! I seen smaller cables working on a Prius! Damn that is some wire. :lol:

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Got my car on the Dyno today. 314 rwhp / 377 lb ft torque. Solid increase of about 20hp and 50 lb ft from the Roush CAI and Magnaflow exhaust alone. It puts me (at the wheels) above the advertised specs at the crank, and (based on SCT's test of a stock EcoBoost) +83hp and +89 lb ft greater than stock at the wheels.

Not record breaking by any stretch, but It makes me happy.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Got my car on the Dyno today. 314 rwhp / 377 lb ft torque. Solid increase of about 20hp and 50 lb ft from the Roush CAI and Magnaflow exhaust alone. It puts me (at the wheels) above the advertised specs at the crank, and (based on SCT's test of a stock EcoBoost) +83hp and +89 lb ft greater than stock at the wheels.

Not record breaking by any stretch, but It makes me happy.
Nice, Dirtyblueshirt. My sister has a stock 2016 Ecoboost that I've driven and those puppies are quick, especially down low. You upped your game. Congrats on the successful mods. :cheers:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
He's building a Pri-mus! I seen smaller cables working on a Prius! Damn that is some wire. :lol:
Hahaha :lol: that made me laugh. 750 amps worth of cable!

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Went to a classic car show, started parking in the rear since its not a classic and they insisted I park it up front so I guess they thought it was perty.
2015-ihop-car-show.jpg

grandsammy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Installed my Roush Supercharger - Phase II 727HP

My new supercharger arrived home last week... started to work on the car Sunday afternoon... it took me 4 days to get everything installed not bad I guess since I only work in the car about 3 hours a day and it was my first time...

I watched back and forward the video from CJPony "best help" and the one from Late Model Restoration... both are a great guide if you want to get yours installed....

It is more scare than what it is... once that you started you just get excited and want to do more and more... I really enjoy it all the way through.:headbang:

I thought that my car had some serious power before because I upgraded the headers to Kooks 7/8, JLT Intake, Lund Tune but I never can compare that power to what I have now... waooooo this is the real stuff...

Now I'm debating between the two great tuners VMP or Lund.. I only hear good things about both of them. :clap2:
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-27 at 9.32.37 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-27 at 9.32.36 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-27 at 9.32.36 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-27 at 9.32.36 PM.jpeg