Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
New Shoes

Installed the wheels I bought from [MENTION=18650]MaskedRacerX[/MENTION]. We really like the looks of the PP Wheels over the GT/CS Wheels. The black blends well with the black spoiler, mirrors and hood vents. I've ordered some black lug nuts to replace the chrome ones.
PPRims.jpg
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Installed an x-pipe yesterday . It sounds better, but a little underwhelmed

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I've actually seen people do it both ways. I'm sure there's a difference in how it performs but for this time around...the seal went on last.

Car looks amazing!! I took pics but with my S3 potato-cam they don't do it justice.

Thanks

-Emt1581
well it is 100% wrong no matter if people are doing it or not. a true sealant needs to bond to a clean paint surface to truly be effective. it will not properly adhere, protect, and last if put over a wax. it is a was of product and time if not done properly.

Last edited:

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
well it is 100% wrong no matter if people are doing it or not. a true sealant needs to bond to a clean paint surface to truly be effective. it will not properly adhere, protect, and last if put over a wax. its a was of product and time if not done properly.
I guess I'll have to do it again in the near future and certainly before putting it away for the winter.

Thanks for sharing.

-Emt1581

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll have to do it again in the near future and certainly before putting it away for the winter.

Thanks for sharing.

-Emt1581
If you're wondering why it's a waste of time/product it is because of the breakdown time of each. The wax lasts 1-3 months while the sealant lasts more like 6-12. If the wax is put on first, that means it would breakdown in 3 months which would lead to it pulling the sealant apart at the same time meaning you're using/applying at least 4x as much sealant as you need to over the year.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
If you're wondering why it's a waste of time/product it is because of the breakdown time of each. The wax lasts 1-3 months while the sealant lasts more like 6-12. If the wax is put on first, that means it would breakdown in 3 months which would lead to it pulling the sealant apart at the same time meaning you're using/applying at least 4x as much sealant as you need to over the year.
I appreciate the info. Kind of what I figured.

I'll do it all again, including the clay, in a couple of months. That way I can pull all the wax out and get the sealer in.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
My new supercharger arrived home last week... started to work on the car Sunday afternoon... it took me 4 days to get everything installed not bad I guess since I only work in the car about 3 hours a day and it was my first time...

I watched back and forward the video from CJPony "best help" and the one from Late Model Restoration... both are a great guide if you want to get yours installed....

It is more scare than what it is... once that you started you just get excited and want to do more and more... I really enjoy it all the way through.:headbang:

I thought that my car had some serious power before because I upgraded the headers to Kooks 7/8, JLT Intake, Lund Tune but I never can compare that power to what I have now... waooooo this is the real stuff...

Now I'm debating between the two great tuners VMP or Lund.. I only hear good things about both of them. :clap2:
I am in the same boat... comparing the 2 tuners...
But on a side note, nice rack (in the background I mean) LOL.. is that a Cisco Mini on the bottom?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My new supercharger arrived home last week... started to work on the car Sunday afternoon... it took me 4 days to get everything installed not bad I guess since I only work in the car about 3 hours a day and it was my first time...
I watched back and forward the video from CJPony "best help" and the one from Late Model Restoration... both are a great guide if you want to get yours installed....
It is more scare than what it is... once that you started you just get excited and want to do more and more... I really enjoy it all the way through.:headbang:
I thought that my car had some serious power before because I upgraded the headers to Kooks 7/8, JLT Intake, Lund Tune but I never can compare that power to what I have now... waooooo this is the real stuff...
Now I'm debating between the two great tuners VMP or Lund.. I only hear good things about both of them. :clap2:
That's awesome!!
Enjoy it.

Enjoyed driving her in cooler weather.
36482661860_fa1ac133a1_b.jpg
Looking good man!

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I give my car an Italian tune-up on the daily

grandsammy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
That's awesome!!
Enjoy it.

Thanks...

Looking good man!
I am in the same boat... comparing the 2 tuners...
But on a side note, nice rack (in the background I mean) LOL.. is that a Cisco Mini on the bottom?
Yes it is... This is the rack that I used went I was studying for my CCNP.

Nice grandsammy. Is there a BAP (boost-a-pump) to take it from stage 1 to stage 2?
I never had the Stage 1... I went straight to the Stage 2... Roush called a digital fuel pump controller not 100% sure it is the same but I guess it does the same job.

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Pretty !

Skip the tune and get a clear hood! That is just pretty under there! nicely done!:cheers::thumbsup:
Sponsored