What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Rumble05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
When I got the ZL1 front rock guards I also did get the GT500 side skirt extensions and made them come together nice and flush like they're supposed to be there and I think it looks amazing. Rears I have done nothing on and will probably leave it that way with just the one that came with the car.

I can take a few more photos when I get home if anyone else wants to see from another angle, just let me know. Only ones I could find quickly on my phone.
IMG_0221.jpeg
IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
Looking very sharp…are those vinyl stripes on your grill?
Sponsored

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
So I’ve wrestled with this problem since I got the car. For the last 8 months I’ve just washed it, but it started to look really shabby, and I too had a ton of water spots. Based on posts here, I was terrified to put anything on it out of fear of ruining it.

Well, it started to look so bad, I finally said F’ it. Last time I washed the car I used Chemical Brothers water spot remover to get rid of the water spots and it worked great. Small amount of spot remover, then wash thoroughly. (I did test it on one small spot first.)

But here is where I messed up. I was using a between wax quick Detailer on the paint. I figured a light wipe of the stripe with the damp application towel might give it some protection. It did, but at the same time the matte part of the stripe suddenly look shiny.

I freaked cause I thought I ruined it. So I wet a towel, put some Dawn dish soap on it and gave it wash. (Just the sticker.) I then used a damp clean towel to wash off any remaining soap.

I’ll be darned, the stipe looks like the day the car was new. No gloss or shine, and no water spots. Matte finish looks matte and sticker is clean.

Moving forward, I’m going to try this to protect the matte portion….

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQHY64S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

So moral of the story, soap, water, spot remover seems to do the trick and not ruin the sticker. (I’ll report back how the matte finish protector works once I use it.)
I think I am going to have to try to go the opposite way....I had bird poop on the matte stripe that must have happened after I got home from work last night. I tried to carefully get it off when I noticed it this morning but it was almost etched in and while it did come off, the "rubbed" spot is now shiny.

I did try your dish soap trick but it didn't help. I am now wondering if it is possible to just put something on the whole stripe to make it more glossy, so at least it is uniform?

Rumble05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Sir, you obviously mistaken. Unless you got a special 1 of 1 S Type axle back, you got 4in tips. And of course they are gonna fit the M1, since the stock M1 comes with 4.5in tips.
For the first time in my life, I’m very pleased to be mistaken…sounds great!

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
The Borla ATAKs are 5in like the GT500 OEM, the M1 has 4.5in oem. The borla s-type is for GTs and only have a 4in tip....
Not being a smart ass or starting any shit, I’m just curious. Have you physically put a tape measure on the oem M1 & oem GT500 tips. I only ask because M1 oem tips do physically measure 4.5” like you say and we are suppose to have the same tips as the GT500.

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Not being a smart ass or starting any shit, I’m just curious. Have you physically put a tape measure on the oem M1 & oem GT500 tips. I only ask because M1 oem tips do physically measure 4.5” like you say and we are suppose to have the same tips as the GT500.
The Borla ATAK are 5in. is the point I was trying to get across. I honestly have no idea what the Stock GT500 tips size is lmao, but the M1 tips do look a bit different

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I think I am going to have to try to go the opposite way....I had bird poop on the matte stripe that must have happened after I got home from work last night. I tried to carefully get it off when I noticed it this morning but it was almost etched in and while it did come off, the "rubbed" spot is now shiny.

I did try your dish soap trick but it didn't help. I am now wondering if it is possible to just put something on the whole stripe to make it more glossy, so at least it is uniform?
Man that sucks. The matte part of the stripe really is a pain in the a** to keep clean.

I bought a matte paint/vinyl protectant, but haven’t tried it yet. I’m happy to report back when I do. Although I’m not sure if that will help with your situation.

The longer I have this car the more the De-stripping that some have done seems appealing.

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Man that sucks. The matte part of the stripe really is a pain in the a** to keep clean.

I bought a matte paint/vinyl protectant, but haven’t tried it yet. I’m happy to report back when I do. Although I’m not sure if that will help with your situation.

The longer I have this car the more the De-stripping that some have done seems appealing.
I really like the look of the stripes but yeah, especially the matte part is a pain.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
OEM Shelby GT500 tips which is a tuned Borla S type specific for Shelby- 5.0"
Borla ATAK Shelby GT500 tips - 5.0"
OEM Mach 1 tips - 4.5"

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I read actually in another thread that P21 soap was supposed to work good. Still haven't gotten any yet to try but said not to get anything super strong/abrasive since they should be fairly clean yet and easy to polish up.
P21 soap is ok, but I find that the Mr. Clean magic erasers work about the same as the P21 soap.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Looking very sharp…are those vinyl stripes on your grill?
They are vinyl overlays from bemaro films. Wasn’t terrible to put on but they also weren’t very fun either 🤣

Sponsored

Rumble05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
They are vinyl overlays from bemaro films. Wasn’t terrible to put on but they also weren’t very fun either 🤣
I like the look of those…probably wet application?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I like the look of those…probably wet application?
I just used a little soapy water, got them positioned where I wanted them and unfortunately did not have a heat gun so used a blow dryer and just kept kinda going around and making sure it was positioned right and applying a little pressure to get all the water/soap out till it felt dry. Let it sit for a day afterward before driving just in case

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t comment on size, but the tips are defo a slightly different design, you can see that just by checking out photos.

I posted this :

I think the GT500 has larger tubing and I believe the tailpipes are are slightly different design ?

I think the Mach exhaust is essentially a GT active with different tailpipes :like:

WD :like:
On this thread, which has some more info on tubing and tip sizes :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/shelby-gt500-exhaust-on-a-mach-1.190645/

WD :like:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They're not the same, GT500 indeed are 0.5" wider and Mach 1 has perforation for unique sound.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

1691248803111.png
Sponsored