Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It’s been reported that long, consistent high rpm’s (e.g. track use) will draw some residual oil back in that side. But even then talking minuscule amounts that don’t justify the $$$ of the can. Look at where that vent is connected…it’s upstream of the TB and outside the engine. Should be no vacuum on it like in the intake, which is what draws all the air in the right side.
To add ... at WOT, the pressure level in the intake tube before the throttle body (where the driver's side catch-can hose attaches, aka the "clean air side" of the PCV system) can still be lower than the pressure level inside the engine, and that's why under extended WOT conditions there can be flow through the driver's side catch-can (ie, flow from the engine towards the intake tube).

Under normal driving conditions, the clean side air flow goes from the intake tube before the throttle body, through the driver's side hose and into the engine where it then mixes with harmful crankcase vapors and is sucked out of the dirty side of the PVC system on the passenger side through the hose where a catch-can is typically installed.

I always get a laugh when I see guys disable the whole PVC system and install K&N style filters on the valve covers. That doesn't really remove any harmful vapors out of the engine compared to a well working sealed PCV system.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Checking on the electrocution mouse traps is a daily thing this time of year, I got another one today…

IMG_0107.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg
Ray, can you post a link to the product you are using?

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Tested out the factory rear seats in my new-to-me 2017. Prior to purchasing I searched a bit for photos/reviews of the rear seat accommodations because occasionally I'll have an adult in the back. I didn't find a lot of info, so here goes.
TL;DR: The factory rear seats are suitable for people or 5'8" to sit relatively comfortably. Basically, it is as expected.
  • I'm 6' tall with longer than average legs.
  • The driver's seat is where it'd be if I was driving comfortably.
  • The passenger's seat is where it'd be if I was riding shotgun with comfortable leg room.
  • Sitting behind the driver, I can position my legs splayed like this with knees touching the seat, or I can shove them into the cutouts in the back of the Recaro's, which is not as comfortable. I cannot sit up straight as my head would hit the rear glass. I need to tilt my head down to sit somewhat comfortably.
  • Sitting behind the passenger, I'd have about an inch of space between my knees and the cutout with my legs together. If I slide down in the seats so that my knees are touching the cutouts, I can lean my head back without hitting the rear glass.
  • There is no drop-down center armrest, in case anyone else was wondering. There are no accommodations anywhere in the rear for cups or a rear passenger's possessions.
  • You'd have to tell passengers to be EXTRA careful getting out so as not to step on the rear valences when getting out. Even with my legs, it's a stretch to clear the side skirts/valence whatever.
20240130_103902.jpg

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Tested out the factory rear seats in my new-to-me 2017. Prior to purchasing I searched a bit for photos/reviews of the rear seat accommodations because occasionally I'll have an adult in the back. I didn't find a lot of info, so here goes.
TL;DR: The factory rear seats are suitable for people or 5'8" to sit relatively comfortably. Basically, it is as expected.
  • I'm 6' tall with longer than average legs.
  • The driver's seat is where it'd be if I was driving comfortably.
  • The passenger's seat is where it'd be if I was riding shotgun with comfortable leg room.
  • Sitting behind the driver, I can position my legs splayed like this with knees touching the seat, or I can shove them into the cutouts in the back of the Recaro's, which is not as comfortable. I cannot sit up straight as my head would hit the rear glass. I need to tilt my head down to sit somewhat comfortably.
  • Sitting behind the passenger, I'd have about an inch of space between my knees and the cutout with my legs together. If I slide down in the seats so that my knees are touching the cutouts, I can lean my head back without hitting the rear glass.
  • There is no drop-down center armrest, in case anyone else was wondering. There are no accommodations anywhere in the rear for cups or a rear passenger's possessions.
  • You'd have to tell passengers to be EXTRA careful getting out so as not to step on the rear valences when getting out. Even with my legs, it's a stretch to clear the side skirts/valence whatever.
20240130_103902.jpg
Testing the back seat out back in my day was a little bit different….Just saying
😉

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I delted mine which alleviates one of those problems and creates more room for the other one, LOL....albeit here in a couple weeks, she'll need to have pole dancing skills as well for the back seat ;)

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
You could only do that sorta testing in these seats if you were a midget.
Uhh… I think you meant to say “small people”.
Sponsored