Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Finally crossed 10k miles on mine today. I hadn't driven it much in the last month but the weather was perfect today and I had some time so I couldn't resist! It's funny - I recently took delivery of a 2024 Blackwing 5 with the 6sp manual and it is truly excellent but I actually appreciate the 350R even more now! The Voodoo engine is so much more exciting than the supercharged LT4. Not to mention the 350R is just so much more raw and visceral in general.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I agree with the love of the VooDoo GT350… I was going to swap my GT350 for a Cayman GT4. The GT4 is a true Sports car and handling is far above the Shelby.
I drove the GT4 and was impressed, but the GT350 is just the whole package that is raw and visceral…. The exhaust note pushes it over the edge when comparing to other vehicles…!!!!!!

Thank You Ford Performance.
(Now change that stupid big screen dash on the S650)

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
It's the littlest things in life. Got a ZL1 tow hook, but also picked up these lift pads in the same order while they were doing 15% off. These things are super cool.

IMG_8208.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg
Those lift pads are cool, how are they mounted?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Swore I wouldn't do it...but alas, I confess that I am a weak man...had to highlight some of the engine goodies and absolutely punt that afterthought of a coolant overflow tank. Threw the blue in there to break up the abundance of black. Cousin Bob was booked so I thought I'd tackle this one myself lol.

Shelby quit manuf the damned unfinished aluminum overflow tank so I went with the Steeda version. Took me a minute to determine why the tank that I was filling was already leaking then discovered the overflow weep hole (that was getting intermittently splashed while filling) vents out through the bottom.

Was pretty happy overall until I grabbed that Shelby dipstick T-handle after a drive. As John Wayne famously said, "Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid" and quickly realized why the factory ring handle is PLASTIC :headbang: :crackup:

Pay no nevermind to the wonky angles that makes stuff look like its installed crooked...it's the wide angle on the iPhone...

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0435.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Swore I wouldn't do it...but alas, I confess that I am a weak man...had to highlight some of the engine goodies and absolutely punt that afterthought of a coolant overflow tank. Threw the blue in there to break up the abundance of black. Cousin Bob was booked so I thought I'd tackle this one myself lol.

Shelby quit manuf the damned unfinished aluminum overflow tank so I went with the Steeda version. Took me a minute to determine why the tank that I was filling was already leaking then discovered the overflow weep hole (that was getting intermittently splashed while filling) vents out through the bottom.

Was pretty happy overall until I grabbed that Shelby dipstick T-handle after a drive. As John Wayne famously said, "Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid" and quickly realized why the factory ring handle is PLASTIC :headbang: :crackup:

Pay no nevermind to the wonky angles that makes stuff look like its installed crooked...it's the wide angle on the iPhone...

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0435.jpeg
Looks Great!! I have my steeda overflow tank sitting in the garage ready to be installed. Just haven't gotten to it. Do you have the Ford Performance Oil seperator installed? I've heard the steeda tank is a bit of a tight fit..

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Looks Great!! I have my steeda overflow tank sitting in the garage ready to be installed. Just haven't gotten to it. Do you have the Ford Performance Oil seperator installed? I've heard the steeda tank is a bit of a tight fit..
Yes, I have the FP oil sep. While it is a close fit, I believe it actually works out better than the factory tank b/c it required removal of the aft hose to get to the allen bolt to remove the top of the oil sep. With the Steeda tank, the line is offset so you can remove the allens w/o disconnecting the line to the Steeda tank. Haven’t done it yet to verify but looks easy enough. I will snap a picture tomm so you can see what I am talking about.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you had to remove anything to get the lid off the oil separator with a stock coolant tank in place, you had something wrong to start with. The FP oil sep and a coolant tank shouldn’t be touching anywhere with all lid screws completely accessible. Apologies if I misread and misunderstood your post.

Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If you had to remove anything to get the lid off the oil separator with a stock coolant tank in place, you had something wrong to start with. The FP oil sep and a coolant tank shouldn’t be touching anywhere with all lid screws completely accessible. Apologies if I misread and misunderstood your post.
hmmmm…my factory tank aft nipple routed the feed line directly over the forward/left allen of the oil sep tank. I don’t think I have the tank mounted incorrectly…see photo.

IMG_0445.jpeg

The Steeda tank aft nipple routes feed line nicely btwn intake line and allen.
I haven’t tried to drain it yet but it looks simple- disconnect intake line, remove allens, and use a baster to collect overflow oil.

IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Watch from 10:49 (passenger side) of this you tube video. He explains that the plastic stock tank blocks the ability to get the Ford Performance Oil Separator bolt removed on that one corner.. You don't have to take it off completely, but you do have to loosen those bolts on the coolant tank and move it out of the way to get at that bolt...
SO I guess you can remove the hose or loosen the coolant tank to make room to get the final bolt off...

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have never had to remove anything associated with the factory coolant tank to remove oil separator lid.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Why even take off the lid, and risk dropping one of the bolts and never seeing it again. Just remove the lower hose at the seperator, and use a syphon to suck out the oil. You may not get every last drop, but it's a hell of a lot easier. This is what I use, and it takes seconds. https://www.ebay.com/itm/131238845062

s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored