What did you do to your GT350 today?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Roundtrip to Knoxville and back today to Knox Performance Tuning to have the GT350 tuned. Car is still NA with an all stock powertrain including cats and stock intake so really just wanted to pick up a little extra mid-range power, improved throttle mapping, and then unlocked a few more rpm for some autocross events where 8,250 in 2nd isn't quite enough.
Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Roundtrip to Knoxville and back today to Knox Performance Tuning to have the GT350 tuned. Car is still NA with an all stock powertrain including cats and stock intake so really just wanted to pick up a little extra mid-range power, improved throttle mapping, and then unlocked a few more rpm for some autocross events where 8,250 in 2nd isn't quite enough.
I would love to hear how you like it. I am considering tuning as well (all stock except gt350R resonator delete) just to get a little extra.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I would love to hear how you like it. I am considering tuning as well (all stock except gt350R resonator delete) just to get a little extra.
Honestly, I probably picked up 10hp max based on his other results with other cars that have seen the dyno. I still live in an area where we have to pass emissions annually so car still has stock cats and manifolds for the time being.

We mainly focused on smooth and progressive throttle mapping, more mid-range power, and we opened the fuel cut-off to 9,000 rpm for those few instances where I find myself in an autocross where a few more MPH might save me a shift to 3rd or keep me from hitting the 8,250 limiter and unsettling the car.

For $500 for a couple hours of road driving and tuning and discussions of what my goals were i was very happy with the end result. I wasn't expecting big hp because it's an NA car with stock equipment. the driveability and mid-range power seemed to improve a lot and he was able to remove some of the delay in the factory throttle body setup that makes the car feel a lot more like a car with a cable actuated throttle body.

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Honestly, I probably picked up 10hp max based on his other results with other cars that have seen the dyno. I still live in an area where we have to pass emissions annually so car still has stock cats and manifolds for the time being.

We mainly focused on smooth and progressive throttle mapping, more mid-range power, and we opened the fuel cut-off to 9,000 rpm for those few instances where I find myself in an autocross where a few more MPH might save me a shift to 3rd or keep me from hitting the 8,250 limiter and unsettling the car.

For $500 for a couple hours of road driving and tuning and discussions of what my goals were i was very happy with the end result. I wasn't expecting big hp because it's an NA car with stock equipment. the driveability and mid-range power seemed to improve a lot and he was able to remove some of the delay in the factory throttle body setup that makes the car feel a lot more like a car with a cable actuated throttle body.
That is kind of what I am looking for, the mid-range could use a little pep and I'd like the throttle to be more responsive. I know it's not going to add much if any horsepower wise, just help with the driving feel and responsiveness down low and mid-range.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@mavisky ...literally $500 all in? What device? Don't you need a device or something (like the old nGauge)? I've really thought about tuning mine as well. When we did the tune on my 197 car, I was blown away with the driveability and the overall smoothness of just about everything. If I did a tune, I might throw on a JLT intake since you're there anyways, but maybe that's about it. Good to hear you were satisfied. I had another buddy get a tune at Knox on an other wise stock car. He had very similar feedback as yours. Soooo, would do again??

Last edited:

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
@mavisky ...literally $500 all in? What device? Don't you need a device or something (like the old nGauge)? I've really thought about tuning mine as well. When we did the tune on my 197 car, I was blown away with the driveability and the overall smoothness of just about everything. If I did a tune, I might throw on a JLT intake since you're there anyways, but maybe that's about it. Good to hear you were satisfied. I had another buddy get a tune at Knox on an other wise stock car. He had very similar feedback as yours. Soooo, would do again??
I had the option of buying a programmer and a tune license for hp tuners and then the tune would have been cheaper. This was for thr tune license and the custom tune but using his flash device. He could have just emailed me a tune thr other way, but I wanted to go meet and discuss and we were able to go and test drive the car as part of the process. We backed off some of the snaps and cracks on overrun and decel (car still has more than stock) and also tweaked some of the throttle maps in the midrange after the initial few revisions.

Would absolutely do it again. I would run a JLT but I need an intake with a lid due to the hood vents on my car. Some of the open element intakes make great power on the dyno with the hood up and stationary, but Steedas testing has shown that sealed intake perform better on track.

IMG_20230829_102053_004.jpg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@mavisky So HP Tuners is kinda the new hot device? But it just doesn't have the display like the tried and true nGauge? Any thought to E85 at the time? But then you would need a device for that to be able to swap tunes.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
@mavisky So HP Tuners is kinda the new hot device? But it just doesn't have the display like the tried and true nGauge? Any thought to E85 at the time? But then you would need a device for that to be able to swap tunes.
Display doesn't mean shit to me. Car displays all my temps at any time that's all I'm concerned about. No on the switch to E85. Still in an emissions County here in metro Atlanta so didn't want to have to switch back and forth or deal with it. Also E85 is still pretty sparse in the south so not worth the hassle.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My subtle and discreet attempt to cunningly disguise my Shelby as a race car continues. Added the “Ford Performance” windshield banner today. After some candy apple/red anodized rims, matching tow hooks, and number decals, the transformation will be complete. (Rims and number decals will be for track use only).
1694118007455.jpeg
1694117909797.jpeg

Sponsored

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Celebrated a birthday of sorts.... the day I brought it home from the dealership 7 years ago. Gave it a detail and a few miles of spirited driving. Still an awesome car with just over 14,000 miles.
IMG_6647.jpg
looks awesome - Happy 7 years

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Celebrated a birthday of sorts.... the day I brought it home from the dealership 7 years ago. Gave it a detail and a few miles of spirited driving. Still an awesome car with just over 14,000 miles.
IMG_6647.jpg
Is that gray? A wrap? A mirror magically formed around the shape of a GT350? What’s the yellow vehicle parked next to it? Oh, never mind on that one, the Boss 302 I presume.

Last edited:

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
HP Tuners isn’t a new thing. It’s been around for years and is the preferred tuning software for most with LS motors.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Ceramic coating to include full wheels, calipers and windows. Too crappy here to take a good photo.
Sponsored