Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That would be the route I'm taking...!
And aside from the infinite style and color choices, no special care, easy chip repair and no end gaps, you end up with WAY more clear-coat on the striped panels. For mine, they scuffed the factory clear-coat on the bumpers, hood, roof and trunk, laid the stripes, then clear-coated those panels. Clear-coat applied by humans is much much thicker than factory robots (which you still have under the new clear-coat). Good shops have life-time warranties.

The only downside I have is I didn't see one VERY tiny chip (literally the size of a pin head) on my hood, so it is now immortalized under the new clear-coat. LoL

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Went for run yesterday. Get the thumbs up from the guys and kids doing rolling cell phone vids of the car. I give the kids a few quick revs and they go crazy. Kids knowing what they're looking at gives me faith in the future. To the suburban driving soccer mom, it's just another Mustang. Rain, rain, rain today. :frown:

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Spent the afternoon cleaning up this mess.
To my Northern Friends: Not all driving conditions in Florida are desirable.
The Love-Bugs are out/swarming. Going to put the GT350 away for a few...
Love-Bugs May 2019.jpg

Last edited:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
The Love-Bugs are out. Going to put the GT350 away for a few...
Love-Bugs May 2019.jpg
I feel your pain. I'm in Georgia. Mine has been locked in the garage for 3 weeks.

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Love-Bugs May 2019.jpg
Born and raised in Miami and spent a lot of my Navy career in Florida. All my side of the family still lives there, but they are going to have to visit me when it's love bug season. I for one don't miss it a bit! Those suckers will take the paint right off your car/truck/bike.

Tim

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Love-Bugs May 2019.jpg
I have mine just under a week now and just tooling around the neighborhood to get acquainted. Tired of debugging after each drive. Ceramic coating next weekend so she stays in the garage. Brilliant idea of me to buy it in Love Bug season and an early start to the rainy season.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Looks Amazing! I've got a 19' GT350 coming in at the end of June. Been going back and forth whether to go with Xpel. Did they go over the stripes or cut around them? Are you happy with the results? My local installer uses bulk film, wraps edges, and says he could go over the stripes or cut around them. Not sure which way to go - I want to protect the vinyl stripes, but I don't want the film to raise over time. Decisions, decisions ;-)
They went over the stripes, but used separate pieces instead of one big piece on each panel. This was to avoid the slight line you would otherwise see in the film at the paint/vinyl transition. So for example the hood was done in 5 separate pieces.

And yes, very happy with the results.

Sponsored

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
They went over the stripes, but used separate pieces instead of one big piece on each panel. This was to avoid the slight line you would otherwise see in the film at the paint/vinyl transition. So for example the hood was done in 5 separate pieces.

And yes, very happy with the results.
Thanks @ZX3ST for the reply. I talked with my installer a couple days ago and decided to go with the same, 5 separate pieces on the hood and full front wrap. He said it's likely going to take a day and a half.

My question for you is, what are your plans to protect the wrap vs. the rest of the car? Are you going with a ceramic coating? I'm finding there's not many products you can use safely on the wrap itself (only synthetics). I typically polish, glaze, seal, and wax my cars. Trying to figure out what my new detail routine will look like...any others have recommendations?

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Thanks @ZX3ST for the reply. I talked with my installer a couple days ago and decided to go with the same, 5 separate pieces on the hood and full front wrap. He said it's likely going to take a day and a half.

My question for you is, what are your plans to protect the wrap vs. the rest of the car? Are you going with a ceramic coating? I'm finding there's not many products you can use safely on the wrap itself (only synthetics). I typically polish, glaze, seal, and wax my cars. Trying to figure out what my new detail routine will look like...any others have recommendations?
Well in my case, there is no "rest of the car". I had the entire car wrapped. Dark paint tends to show a line where the film stops and I'm too OCD for that. Ha!

I have been thinking the same thing though. I'm used to the clay/polish/wax twice a year routine. Was considering ceramic coat, but the feedback I've gotten from other owners is that they generally don't worry about it.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

Can you please post pics when they do your clear bra? I'm due for a redo due to dust underneath(back when they had just moved into the shop). Trying to figure out if I should do a 1 piece again, or remove stripes>clear bra>stripes on top, or 5 pieces like you are doing.

MYKE350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 4x4,2020 Explorer ST, 2020 GT500
:thumbsup:
Getting the boys detailed and ready for a road trip from Pennsylvania to their new home in Arizona.

Can't wait for them to get here!

:)
F0077 & JR157 - 1.jpg
F0077 & JR157 - 2.jpg
F0077 & JR157 - 3.jpg
I thought I ordered the only male GT350.Glad to see your cars have BALLS too.VERY NICE!!!!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Can you please post pics when they do your clear bra? I'm due for a redo due to dust underneath(back when they had just moved into the shop). Trying to figure out if I should do a 1 piece again, or remove stripes>clear bra>stripes on top, or 5 pieces like you are doing.
Sure thing @Shift, I'll post picks once it's done. The hardest part is waiting for delivery, HA! The end of June seems so far away.

The installer I'm using has been in the business for over 30 years. He uses a bulk install method vs. pre-cut, and wraps all edges, even removes badging and trim pieces so it's virtually invisible. He said doing 5 pieces will give the original appearance since the vinyl stripe is sitting on top of the paint work. As most will say, it's all about the skill of the installer ;-) I'm OCD and also a bit paranoid at spending nearly 2K on this not having had PPF before.
Sponsored