What did you do to your GT350 today?

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Always, always, always negotiate the deal without considering a trade first. When the deal is made then start talking trade. Robbing from one pot to put into another is a common tactic.

Why not call them up and tell them you will take the R at MSRP and go with a private sale. Lets see what they say. Considering your lowball trade, you'd be paying quite a hefty ADM for the R.
Could not have said it better myself.

Also do not go in to the finance office without a loan rate of your own. Try banks, credit unions, insurance companies. Its funny how the best rate they can offer is not as good as the one you have and suddenly they find a better one for you after you break yours out. Dealers make good money on financing as well.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the good advice Tank. I had wanted to buy an R in the first place however the $20K admin fee at the time just did not sit well with me.Bought the car just for fun and to burn off some work stress however as fun as it is , it has been a pain in the ass. Should of just paid the admin back then I guess. How was I to know that area 27, the top rated 3.5 mile race track in Canada was going to be built last year only a couple of hours from my doorstep!! Id be lucky to get two laps out of my tech on it lol.
My son who lives in Vernon and myself have talked about becoming members of Area 27 as it looks to be an outstanding facility as he races bikes and of course what an outstanding track for a GT350/GT350R!

I am hoping to get up there this summer to look at the facility in person and then go from there.

;)

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Just added the ZL1 front tow hook, 48 bolts and 12 push pins to remove the belly pan and front splitter. Directions were horrible, but the job was not difficult...just tedious.

Will be doing the rear tow hook, caliper fexion and new wheels / tires this weekend.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just added the ZL1 front tow hook, 48 bolts and 12 push pins to remove the belly pan and front splitter. Directions were horrible, but the job was not difficult...just tedious.

Will be doing the rear tow hook, caliper fexion and new wheels / tires this weekend.
I looked at the rear tow hook, both (FP and ZL1) both involved removing the rear bumper. One involved cutting it. Did you find another way?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Haha yes my first year of GT350 ownership did indeed result in plenty of friendly (albeit costly) interaction with local law enforcement. They even made sure the tow company were careful with it the night they put it on a flatbed and hauled it to the impound yard. Upon its release I decided to slow it down and purchase a high quality radar detector. This past year I have managed to avoid any speed related attention and actually got a small round of applause from three mounties upon entering a local donut shop for curbing my speed habit.
I completely lost interest in driving fast on the street after I started doing HPDE. After a little track time, you know exactly how fast you are and how fast your car is, so there's nothing left to prove. I started at Mission with the BMW Club back in 2003 and these days it doesn't even occur to me to push the car anywhere but on a closed road.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My son who lives in Vernon and myself have talked about becoming members of Area 27 as it looks to be an outstanding facility as he races bikes and of course what an outstanding track for a GT350/GT350R!

I am hoping to get up there this summer to look at the facility in person and then go from there.

;)
Check out Avion Motorsports - I did an Area 27 track day with them last year. It's a really interesting track and it has some really challenging corners.

I'm building a house in Summerland and I've considered joining Area 27, but the up-front cost is considerable. Great facility though.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech

;)
Avion motorsports does 4 public race days per year at area 27. $569 per driver with a 60 driver limit (passengers ride for free). 7 hours of lap time in total. I am planning on booking one in June for a group of six local gt350/R owners. The track is a challenging one with some tight corners and plenty of elevation changes. Road america is a similar track . Some very entertaining video on youtube of people driving this track you should check out. A tough one to memorize I hear so I have been viewing it through these videos for months.

Last edited:

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I looked at the rear tow hook, both (FP and ZL1) both involved removing the rear bumper. One involved cutting it. Did you find another way?
The directions say that you can remove the rear bumper OR rear belly pan. I haven't dug into it yet, but I think I can get it done by removing the rear belly pan.

You'll have to drill 2 holes in the rear crash bar and then a hole into the rear fascia. (I believe the hole in the rear bumper is directly behind the license plate).

My rear bumper fitment is not good, especially visible on a white car - so I'm not opposed to taking it off to see if I can adjust it.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
This video (not sure if it was posted previously) helped me out. The directions for the ZL1 tow hooks were so bad, I wasn't sure which bracket was used for the front or the rear...LOL

[ame]

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Could not have said it better myself.

Also do not go in to the finance office without a loan rate of your own. Try banks, credit unions, insurance companies. Its funny how the best rate they can offer is not as good as the one you have and suddenly they find a better one for you after you break yours out. Dealers make good money on financing as well.
Thanks guys! When the dealer made me the msrp offer they already knew I was considering selling my car privately.I was the one who asked what the trade value would be. As far as financing goes..I never finance a toy.Paid cash on car#1 and will do it on this one. At 53 years old, kids through university and house paid for I can do it and deserve it.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well I was fine until I saw the thread in the for sale section and I'm getting PM's in my box....Must keep telling myself I do not want to go turbo....

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Washed my 2017 and rinsed the undercarriage after a couple days of rain. Man, these cars pick up a load of sand and gravel from the road. Probably a pound lighter as a result rinsing the undercarriage.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Fucking bullshit clickbait. I liked YouTube so much better when everyone didn't title their videos like this. /rant
I'm not clicking on it......

BTW, never got box dimensions for the splitter. No BUF layovers for Feb outside of charters (which I won't do). So how quick do you need the splitter? We can go month to month and see about BUF layovers. Let me know

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Pulled this bad boy out to brake in the new ceramic pads (which btw feel very similar to stock but with NO dust) gave it a good rinseless and said see you in March.
IMG_1462.jpg
Sponsored