What did you do to your GT350 today?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Last nice day in NJ for 2017 so took her out, then got home, installed the Steeda jacking rails and cleaned her up.

Since this is the warmest day I've drove her yet, did some runs with the windows down - wow sounds even better.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Last nice day in NJ for 2017 so took her out, then got home, installed the Steeda jacking rails and cleaned her up.

Since this is the warmest day I've drove her yet, did some runs with the windows down - wow sounds even better.

Car looks great & glad you were able to enjoy one last nice day!

TJ

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Installed the USB port for Apple CarPlay works like a champ
Took my ladies out for dinner they commented on a different feel to the ride especially when we went over the railroad tracks and then when I got to nail it on an entrance ramp with a nice radius, I said yes that the new suspension upgrades that were done while I was in Kansas, oh yes they said all those Steeda boxes you had stacked in the garage, yes indeed the full Monty upgrade, what a difference with that upgrade and the Ford Performance springs, runs very tight and responds very well, not too low haven’t scraped, but have to be more careful parking.
The only mistake I made was not adding the rear camber adjustment kit to the camber arms, which limits me, but the kit is here and goes on next so I can get up to -2
Then I think she’s done for a while

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
2 weekends ago I went to an event with a local group called Avants. It was sort of a driving clinic but one where you could drive others' cars if you wanted. I brought the 350 out and it was an absolute hit. I'd say that I gave rides to 15+ people and more than 10 folks got to drive it. Every single one of the ones drove the car giggled like a little kid when they got to control the exhaust note with their right foot. When we were doing the oval "course," I had a line of 15 people waiting for rides. Damn near got sick from going round and round so many times. It was so popular I didn't get to drive anyone elses car! ha!

Even though there was a Tesla P100D, Prosche GT3, Nissan GTR (750 whp), and a tuned Audi RS7, this ol' Mustang stole the show. It was an absolute blast seeing how much fun and joy the 350 was bringing everyone who rode or drove it. Couple of pics and a video below (sorry if they're repeats for you).

Click the link below for the video (sorry can't embed since it's not on YouTube).
That's awesome dude. You made so many dreams come true :D

Props on letting them drive it though. I don't think I could breathe if someone else was out there in my car.

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I finally received my BMR front swaybar and installed it this morning/afternoon. Removing the stock swaybar bracket bolts sucks pretty bad, the one under the alternator is a PITA with the plastic shield there. Undo the plastic clips and take that shield off and you'll hate Ford a lot less :) The Whiteline end links are a total PITA too, the stud is about 1/2" longer than it needs to be and just generally sucks to deal with. The OEM end links are WAY nicer to work with, too bad they're made of cheese and turn into metal bananas with real forces.

BMR didn't include any lube with my swaybar, not sure why... I bought Energy Suspension Formula 5 lube and it's amazing stuff. It's the stickiest grease I've ever dealt with and won't just wash off in rain. I also wrapped the swaybar in teflon tape where the bushins sit, the bar glides smoothly up and down, perfect!

The rest of the install went pretty well, I didn't have to undo any of the other suspension components, I just cranked the steering around to give me room to slide the bar out above the RLCA.

You have to jack the car up pretty high to get room to slide the bar out.

Long 10mm ball tip hex is a must for this job, you'd not be able to torque the new swaybar bracket bolts otherwise.

Easy peasy :)

I'm set on the medium setting and so far it doesn't seem hugely stiffer than my modded stock FSB, maybe a little more noticeable over bumpy roads, it was raining today so no opportunity to push the car at all. No noises at all which is great.

With the end links on full stiff I'm pretty sure the ball joints would be uncomfortably close to the Magneride wiring... It's already closer than I'd like. :( Any tips here? I see some other manufacturers have end links that appear to give a lot more clearance to the Magneride wiring.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I went out to the garage to look at her as it snowed! I opened the door and it was in power save mode, so I started it up and let it get to operating temp for about 25 minutes....voltage was at 14.6, so it’s all good! Hopefully, Santa brings me the Battery Tender Plus I asked for!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
With the end links on full stiff I'm pretty sure the ball joints would be uncomfortably close to the Magneride wiring... It's already closer than I'd like. :( Any tips here? I see some other manufacturers have end links that appear to give a lot more clearance to the Magneride wiring.
When I installed a pair of FTBR links up front I felt the same way about the MR wiring. I relocated it out of the way on both sides with heavy duty zip ties.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I went out to the garage to look at her as it snowed! I opened the door and it was in power save mode, so I started it up and let it get to operating temp for about 25 minutes....voltage was at 14.6, so it’s all good! Hopefully, Santa brings me the Battery Tender Plus I asked for!
just hooked mine up i got last Christmas lol. also, took her for a drive on the 30deg roads because she was lookin lonely. that sound though:headbang:

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Removed, Inspected,sealed and reinstalled oil pressure switch that was leaking. It was on finger tight!! SmH

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Added leds, steeda rails, g brace, new air filter, and pulled all the wheels off for a ceramic coating and ceramic pads.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great choice on the Steeda rails!

TJ

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just received and installed my spy (or whatever they’re called) spacers. Looking forward to some heel toe action this spring.
Sponsored