Sponsored

What are some Quality of Life addons for a new GT owner?

ChiknNutz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition
Depending on the stereo system you end up with, you may want to consider a subwoofer. After replacing all but two of the junk, and I mean literally falling the f#$k apart OEM speakers, I added a 10" sub and amp in a Zenclosure box. This is on the 9 speaker Shaker system. I did leave the center speaker alone, for now, but that sub makes all the difference in the world, to what I feel is a decent stock system (just has no low end punch w/o the sub).

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
I've seen tons of folks recommend H-pipes. Are there ones better than others? And does the tone change much? I really really like the way the S-Type Borla catback sounds, but also it's $2000? Wild. Also have the active-valve exhaust. It sounds bitchin' Does the H-pipe just make it deeper? No drone at all?
I honestly don't know if there is much difference. American muscle has all sorts of H and X pipes available. I used the C&L version and am happy with the fitment, sound and cost. there is no drone, it just adds that deeper tone & flows a little better than the huge resonator that was there previously.

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
front strut tower brace
CAI
hood struts
remove sound tube
SW H pipe legend series exhaut with quad black tips
jack rails
rouch rear diffuser
bmr lowering springs
jlt oil catch can passenger
LTH
steeda red hood release

Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Congrats on your upgraded ride. Unless you're partial to the standard hood prop rod, get yourself a set of hood struts. Easy install and make a world of difference. I went with Redline and very happy with them so far, but you can search here for past threads for additional feedback on what is out there.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
+2 here on Steeda jacking rails, will probably add the Energy Suspension Mustang MT-82 Transmission Bushing Set from Steeda

I love the jacking rails.

I am a filthy casual (who does a lot of 1-2-1-2 type driving in the city) so I chose an automatic. Thereby, I can't say much for the Steeda trans set, but I can for their sport progressive lowering springs and shocks/struts. Completely overhauled my boring and (somehow more bouncy) stock V6 ride to a crisp, responsive, more comfortable drive even on rough roads. (I live in Commiefornia, so it is a toss up 50/50 on whether the road is safe or has potholes everywhere because for "some reason" the roads are never taken care of...) 🤔

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sounds wonky, but USB plug cover for the front USB slot (below the START/STOP button), and swapping out the OEM single-slot USB, for a dual USB slot module (in the glovebox). Specifically, I used Module HC3Z-19A387-F (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B25RQDH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

This will deactivate the port up front, but give you two active ports under the arm rest! I've always seen it to be an eyesore to have my music drive in view, so this cleaned it up for me :D
Plus, it finally gave my Mustang Apple CarPlay, a feature that started from 2017 onwards.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! I'm trading up from my Ecoboost Premium Convert to a GT Coupe. What are some quality of life addons (exterior/interior) that YOU think is worth the upgrade?
I already have a ProClip magsafe mount for my phone that I'm bringing over to the GT. QoL such as car covers, tenders, interior upgrades, exterior or engine Etc.

As of right now - my list is short: Tint 15% all the way around, Radar Detector w/ Blendmount & DashCam F/R.
You are sitting in it....... :question:

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
RokBlokz. They do a great job keeping rocks and debris off the side of the car. I think it keeps the car cleaner in between washes but maybe that’s just me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I honestly don't know if there is much difference. American muscle has all sorts of H and X pipes available. I used the C&L version and am happy with the fitment, sound and cost. there is no drone, it just adds that deeper tone & flows a little better than the huge resonator that was there previously.
Biggest difference between all the brands are materials used. Some use 409 stainless, some use 304 stainless and some use aluminized steel. Some places welds are better than others too. Seen a few people with bad welds on the cheaper ones, Pypes is one I’ve seen more than a few reviews where the welds were trash. As far as the sound they produce, they’re all about the same unless you go with a resonated X pipe. Those are a little more tame.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
RokBlokz. They do a great job keeping rocks and debris off the side of the car. I think it keeps the car cleaner in between washes but maybe that’s just me.
+1 on the RokBlokz. Love mine, at a minimum it keeps my summer tires from kicking pebbles and shit into my paint.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
How’s the fitment Tony? Do they bounce around at all or pretty snug fit?
Super snug. You kind of have to jam them in there. I don't use them regularly for a phone. But they're just a nice occasional extra cubby.
Sponsored