Sponsored

What’s something you wish you Knew when you got your first Mustang??

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Do you spend a lot of time driving midgets around??? I love my car, but nobody with legs longer than 12" is ever going to fit behind me on that weirdly shaped parcel shelf.
Agreed. On my test drive the sales guy rode in the back seat, to this day I don't understand how. He's the only person to ride in the back seat since. I've currently got a wind deflector o er the back seat (convertible) and it's a great space for reach around storage.

To the OP's question.
I wish I knew how easily even the Ecoboost can lull you into being comfortable and how easily that comfort can get you in trouble. Be very careful, the Ecoboost still has enough power to make your insurance rates skyrocket.
Sponsored

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
1st Mustang, I wish I would have had a clue (19 years old) what it would be worth today if I'd have kept it and kept it nice. What a hoot it would be to have a 69 Mach1, 428CJR laying around the garage! Jim

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the rear view mirror was also an HD camera/display and worked fantastic
heh, only on 2SS. Try driving a 1SS with it's utter lack of approaching vehicle warnings and standard mirror.

I agree it was wildly overblown but it wasn't exactly false.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well OP first, you're here and posting in the PROPER section for once! So clearly you PAY ATTENTION to details. That's damn rare anymore by first-posters.

2. There is only ONE correct place to 'drive hard, drive fast'. And it doesn't include trying to impress your friends.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
1st Mustang, I wish I would have had a clue (19 years old) what it would be worth today if I'd have kept it and kept it nice. What a hoot it would be to have a 69 Mach1, 428CJR laying around the garage! Jim
I had a 69 Factory CJ car also..I had this great idea tyo make it a race car and started cutting it up and making a full frame. Never finished it and sold it cheap.
I also bought a 427 Cross bolt main block new from Ford and replaced the 390 ( was told it had the factory 428 ( They lied or were stupid )

Reactions: JCN

Sponsored

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I wish I had known I would need more room to store all the panties chick's throw at me. And all the jock straps the dudes do. LOL. JK. I wish I had known that a convertible turbo car could actually be a decent, well-mannered family cruising DD when I need it, but still a canyon-carving scalpel when I need it. Worlds apart from anything I've owned (quite a bit), and the mods haven't even started yet. Like others are saying: get to know the car first. Get a clear picture of what you want and why. Work from there.

OP
OP
DietRegular

DietRegular

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Wow!! I appreciate the amount of people in this community replying and giving me great advice for owning my first mustang!! Thank you, all of you, this is all super valuable information! Also seeing everyone being so nice and supportive makes me feel that I chose the right car community to be apart of!!;)

OP
OP
DietRegular

DietRegular

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I wish I had known I would need more room to store all the panties chick's throw at me. And all the jock straps the dudes do. LOL. JK. I wish I had known that a convertible turbo car could actually be a decent, well-mannered family cruising DD when I need it, but still a canyon-carving scalpel when I need it. Worlds apart from anything I've owned (quite a bit), and the mods haven't even started yet. Like others are saying: get to know the car first. Get a clear picture of what you want and why. Work from there.
HAHA! Haven’t had any panties or jock straps thrown at me yet, but i’ve definitely been thinking about some cosmetic mods, nothing too Ricey, probably just some front and rear spoiler upgrades to start! Just a few things to kind of personalize it to fit me and my style:)

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
HAHA! Haven’t had any panties or jock straps thrown at me yet, but i’ve definitely been thinking about some cosmetic mods, nothing too Ricey, probably just some front and rear spoiler upgrades to start! Just a few things to kind of personalize it to fit me and my style:)
I maaaaaaay have some side skirts sitting in my garage...

Sponsored

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Wow!! I appreciate the amount of people in this community replying and giving me great advice for owning my first mustang!! Thank you, all of you, this is all super valuable information! Also seeing everyone being so nice and supportive makes me feel that I chose the right car community to be apart of!!;)
In all seriousness man just make the car how you like it. These forums can turn into annoying echo chambers at times. It's your car. Modify it how you like it. At the end of the day, it's being parked in your driveway.

Best of luck and seriously don't drive like a dumbass. Some of us learned that the hard way as young Mustang owners.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
- way more practical then initially expected (fits 4, trunk is big (hauled Ikea shit in it))
This right here. Me and the missus (you'll appreciate this [much] later down the line) go on weekend getaways and that trunk swallows whatever we throw into it. It's deceptively large. This stupid car is every bit as long as her SoccerMom SUV, and it comes out in weird places. 1) the engine bay. 2) the trunk.
No body told me I would be as happy as a dog with two dicks every time I hit the start button.
Today I learned this phrase. This. All of this.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
If you get a tune, don’t rush into it and ask several people on here their experience and opinion on tuners you may choose.
i learned the hard way and wasted money till I found the right one.
Some can’t tune the 10R80 with crap and some are great.
Sponsored