Sponsored

What’s everyone using for interior detailing?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax on the interiors and also on windows.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Walmart and some other retailers have started carrying it.

O'Reilly' s locally, use it on the exterior great stuff.

Thank you KB

Sponsored

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
I also use P&S Interior cleaner. It can be used on all the surfaces including leather. I also use 303 occasionally but only when needed.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
For plastics, another 303 user here too. I like how easily this applies, the matte finish and the lack of a scent. 303 is best applied using a microfibre pad, in my case a handy Gyeon finger mitt. I apply this every 2 - 3 months.

g28.jpg

jul287.jpg

jul288.jpg

My Mustang is not a daily so really doesn't need a specific interior "cleaner", using a damp microfibre is about all I need. I will occasionally use an exterior quick detailer for the chrome/aluminium trims.

For leather, I use NV Cleanse and Nourish.

I have also been using Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer on a few customer cars. This is a combined cleaner and protectant. Available in both consumer and "Detailer" lines, this product has a citrus scent and leaves a matte finish also.

feb2128.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have like 5 or 6 bottles of various interior detailers (Adams, Chemical Guys, P&S, Meguiars, and I think Griots) that I have tried but I always go back to Nextzett Cockpit Premium. It cleans and leaves a factory finish. I find that they all clean light dirt just as well, and some smell better than the Nextzett, but the Nextzett is the only interior cleaner that does not streak the chrome trim in the car, everything else leaves a residue that needs cleaned off.

I also use 303 for exterior trim but it does darken plastic slightly, so I'll ocassionally use it on the dask board for the UV protection but I generally just treat the exterior trim with it. If your trim is already faded, try Solution Finish Trim Restorer, it's almost like a black paint, you paint it on, leave it a few minutes then buff it off. It's the best restorer I've found and super easy to apply. Once it's cured for a few hours you can add something like 303 every few weeks for UV protectection to keep it looking new.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly I just use a damp short pile microfibre.

If I need something a bit more, I also use 303.

For the 303 users, you might find for your particular region that one 303 product is cheaper than another depending on which market they are targeting so pick wisely :

1616748011928.png

WD :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly I just use a damp short pile microfibre.

If I need something a bit more, I also use 303.

For the 303 users, you might find for your particular region that one 303 product is cheaper than another depending on which market they are targeting so pick wisely :

1616748011928.png

I can afford to walk in a local store, buy 303 off the shelf . But good info for some.

303's big advantage is the salt & sun test found in FL . Nothing comes close to that environment for destroying plastic, hard, soft, leather, or vinyl .

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The trouble is, I'm still not walking in local stores (still on lockdown :frown:), so it's all amazon purchases at the moment - that's when I wondered what all the options were and did a bit more digging :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The trouble is, I'm still not walking in local stores (still on lockdown :frown:), so it's all amazon purchases at the moment - that's when I wondered what all the options were and did a bit more digging :like:

You have a hazmat suit for food shopping & filling the tank, just kidding.:cwl:

I think this panic is so over blown, I could write a book. The people (some) are going to wise up. The ones driving in the car with the mask on will not.

Seeing a trend, was actually in a store, no one was wearing a mask (employees were)

Observed one clown walk in, takes a look around runs for his life. The comments from customers were priceless.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Carpro Inside applied with speed factory boar hair detailing brush
Carpro perl for the interior dressing on all the interior plastics and leather

Might try P&S xpress interior cleaner next as it is cheaper and can buy in bulk and dilute. Also heard good reviews on it

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greg: I would respectfully disagree. <smile> Coastal South Texas is equally bad and I'm sure there are others.
Could be never lived in Texas, just passed thru it. I do know it gets hot enough . The soil can pull back from the foundation of buildings & homes.
Sponsored