We've been busy here at FFTEC! -- Fully built engine photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
We're still testing different configurations to find the best option. Medium frame turbos are looking like an easy upgrade with a stock engine and full bolt-ons. Big turbo testing is scheduled to begin soon.

We're probing the limits. I can't give away any secrets right now but we're finding ways to make power on the stock fuel system first, then we'll add fuel system hardware upgrades once the stock system is truly tapped out.
Any ETA on this stuff? We looking at summer, end of year, next year, etc?
Sponsored

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Any ETA on this stuff? We looking at summer, end of year, next year, etc?
oh crap no! Not that long! haha. The EFR turbo on our car is so sweet, we can't withhold it from you guys that long. I'm sorry I can't provide a release date yet, it's still too soon for that.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can you give us a range for the hp output with the different size turbos?
Stock:
Medium size:
Large size:
You don't need to supply the supporting mods(yet) so your competitors won't learn anything. Also, what choices are there for clutch upgrades ?

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm hoping to stop by tomorrow to check you guys out. I've got a GT, but am certainly interested in the advancements you guys are after!

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I'm hoping there's an update soon, now that Livernois has shown their upgraded rotating assembly and threw out a price.

Sponsored

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Have any closer pics of intake and exhaust ports?
Here's a couple of pics of the intake ports and 'matching' intake mani. Ford left a lot of potential on the table here. There will be nice easy gains from just basic head porting. The exhaust ports are not as bad despite the odd 'headifold' design.
ecoboost head ports 2(1).jpg
Ecoboost intake mani2(1).jpg

Last edited:

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
If you disturb the shrouding edge in the intake port, it will affect the tumble motion in the combustion chamber and could increase knocking tendency on pump fuels. You'll also get poorer mixing.

Have you changed the piston bowl in any way?

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
If you disturb the shrouding edge in the intake port, it will affect the tumble motion in the combustion chamber and could increase knocking tendency on pump fuels. You'll also get poorer mixing.
One of the features not visible in the pic is that the intake ports meet the combustion chamber at a side angle, similar to the entry of a 2 valve head port. This gives it some swirl in addition to the tumble. It's a great feature for maximizing low end torque, and a nice bonus for direct injection. As always, the best porting is not easy and not cheap. These are mass produced heads, there's small but easy gains in the combustion chamber, port casting, and knife edging the divider and other tricks to maximize top end flow.
but that divider? :shrug:

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
What 'shrouding edge'? Sounds similar to what a lot of people said about all of the oddball shapes inside many of the various LS head bowls. Most unconventional shapes and obstructions are for emissions at low engine speeds, nothing more. A single port shape cannot be ideally designed for low load 2k rpm cruising as well as 7k rpm w/ 30 psi flowing through it.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
After looking at the pics a bit longer, does the intake manifold runner consist of a single port, and then in the head the divider comes all the way out to the manifold mating surface? If so, there's no radiused transition or anything? Holy crap...I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
After looking at the pics a bit longer, does the intake manifold runner consist of a single port, and then in the head the divider comes all the way out to the manifold mating surface? If so, there's no radiused transition or anything? Holy crap...I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...
Doesn't look like. Doing some grinding on that surface to, like you said, try to transition better would probably be quite effective.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes that's correct. I feel the same way. Like I said, there's easy gains in the head.

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
Any idea on price on the rod and piston kit?

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.