Wengerd Is the King for Tuning!!

DFWMODE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Question from a Mustang newb but long time lurker, do the drive modes still function with a Wengerd tune? I also see on his website that it directs you to HPR to buy the RTD device. I assume then you just need to buy credits on the Wengerd website only? I agree with many others that the biggest complaint is the A10 in D. Part throttle shifting in Sport+, etc is also herky-jerky. Does the tune smooth out the A10 in the other drive modes as well?
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Question from a Mustang newb but long time lurker, do the drive modes still function with a Wengerd tune? I also see on his website that it directs you to HPR to buy the RTD device. I assume then you just need to buy credits on the Wengerd website only? I agree with many others that the biggest complaint is the A10 in D. Part throttle shifting in Sport+, etc is also herky-jerky. Does the tune smooth out the A10 in the other drive modes as well?
All drive modes functional. Still shifts really hard in sport and track as before. Drive is much easier to live with. I actually run in drive now since it shifts what I consider Normal now :) Only use Sport when I am running in paddle mode on a twisty road :)

And I bought the RTD directly from Wengerd. The whole package, tune, credits, etc.

Edit, I see his site has changed. Order RTD now from HP. That is new...

DFWMODE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
All drive modes functional. Still shifts really hard in sport and track as before. Drive is much easier to live with. I actually run in drive now since it shifts what I consider Normal now :) Only use Sport when I am running in paddle mode on a twisty road :)

And I bought the RTD directly from Wengerd. The whole package, tune, credits, etc.

Edit, I see his site has changed. Order RTD now from HP. That is new...
Thank you Alex, appreciate the info! To be clear, the tune is also applied to all the drive modes as well, not just in D? Asking because I've seen some discussion on this with other tuners only applying the tune to a single drive mode. Thanks again!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Thank you Alex, appreciate the info! To be clear, the tune is also applied to all the drive modes as well, not just in D? Asking because I've seen some discussion on this with other tuners only applying the tune to a single drive mode. Thanks again!
To my knowledge, yes. But to be honest, Sport and track don't seem drastically different. Drive, Definitely YES. I presume torque management has changed due to the increased power though in all modes. I do know the 2 working together, it is much more responsive :). Zero lag off the line now. Lights up 305's from 1/4 throttle with no effort especially when its wet..

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
One question that I never have gotten a clear answer on. Does Wengard have a flex tune that can be run all the time. I have a Livernois Flex tune now that I have been running for 1.5 years and the Tune is great, never an issue but the shifting on the 10-speed not much improved so if I could get Wengard's great shifting on a Flex, I'd drop the $800.
I do not want to deal with reflashing and testing E for desiccated E85 and 93 tune.
Doesn't say anything regarding this on website.
Our flex can be ran all the time
I've been running my flex for like 18 months lol.

I tell you what I don't know about this man tho - how to spell his friggin first name. He changes the spelling on here at least weekly.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
HPR now ships and sell all the RTDs.

RTDs and credits get ordered from here

https://hprautomotive.com/products/hpr-rtd-device

All tunes are purchased directly from our website

https://wengerdperformance.com/shop

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
đź’Ż

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I still need to let @Wengerd Performance know that his latest revision to my drama car is fan-fuc$ing-tastic. He has got my new engine and beat to hell transmission running smooth as can be. Temps are great (engine ran hot on the Roush P2 tune), and the transmission issues are gone.

To be clear, my car has never had issues in D but when in S, it's a mess in all drive modes. Both of my cars were this way with the stock Ford tune and the Roush tune. This guy knows what he's doing with the tranny.

For those asking, I *think* Wengerds tunes are meant to be run in S on the shifter but from what I can tell it applies to D as well but it's hard to tell if it's going past the 6700rpm that Roush set in the tune for 6-7 shifts because I'm doing 120mph at that point :)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
And 6r80 guys… any transmission changes? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
I used PBD Palm Beach Dyno for tuning my car they could not get my car tuned right and found excuses for everything just took my money and left me hanging. I reached out to Wengerd for issues that i was having he responded SUPER FAST wrote a tune and got my car with more HP and no issues at all. This guy is awesome and knows what he is doing! I am lock with Wengerd all the way!!!
PBD tuned my car too runs like crap. Won't stay running unless you drive like a mad man. Stalls at red lights. It embarrassing I'm considering Wenger or majed at the moment.