Well that went bad

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
So far I can't find that or the how to to do it. Only thing I find is shifter assembly which is all of it.

The white rod is supplied by WM garage, correct? If so, that's who you should call to buy a replacement, if you get all of the white pieces out of your shifter assy.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The white rod is supplied by White Muscle, correct? If so, that's who you should call to buy a replacement, if you get all of the white pieces out of your shifter assy.
I have extra one. I'm talking about the factory solenoid. It has a piece of white plastic that it moves in and out to lock in gear so you have to press brake into release. That broke some how on this.

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have extra one. I'm talking about the factory solenoid. It has a piece of white plastic that it moves in and out to lock in gear so you have to press brake into release. That broke some how on this.
Screenshot_20201229-195904_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201229-195955_Gallery.jpg

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
How did that break?

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Good question. I'm assuming something wasn't right with that plastic rods position.
When you put the gear selector into park, does the switch get actuated. Looking at the service manual. The shift lever, when it's in park pushes the switch and actuates it. When trying to shift out of park, the brake must be applied and ignition on. The rod appears to not actuate anything there.

SKB~us~en~file=E188347_EUR_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you put the gear selector into park, does the switch get actuated. Looking at the service manual. The shift lever, when it's in park pushes the switch and actuates it. When trying to shift out of park, the brake must be applied and ignition on. The rod appears to not actuate anything there.

SKB~us~en~file=E188347_EUR_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG
Maybe not. But the battery is dead on car now after all the in and out and leaving doors open I guess. Think that's next on my list. Lol

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And after what I did you can shift from any gear without using break. I'm assuming it can't push it now cause on both sides there are break points that would of connected to the switch and caused it to lock.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so first you need to put the car into park. If the block actuates the switch, nothing is broken there. Next, take a metal rod and stick it into the shift tube and push it down. If it goes down with spring pressure and pops back up. All you need to do is insert a rod the length that you need into the tube and reinstall the boot and knob assy.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So now I’m curious about the correlation of the original part everyone was giving advice on with extraction - which was the “shaft” so to speak..... and now we’re looking at another part that is broken that is totally separate from the “shaft” issue??

Did you contact WM about the shaft issue at all? Was it possibly something you did incorrectly when installing that new component, like maybe did not line something up - or neglected to remove a stock piece that was no longer needed?

When you got to Step 11 of the attached instructions, did you make sure the part that was to be inserted was aligned correctly as it shows?

Here’s a selection of 2015 automatic shifter assemblies on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...313&_odkw=2015+ford+mustang+automatic+shifter

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
This thread reminds me of silence's thread.

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now I’m curious about the correlation of the original part everyone was giving advice on with extraction - which was the “shaft” so to speak..... and now we’re looking at another part that is broken that is totally separate from the “shaft” issue??

Did you contact WM about the shaft issue at all? Was it possibly something you did incorrectly when installing that new component, like maybe did not line something up - or neglected to remove a stock piece that was no longer needed?

When you got to Step 11 of the attached instructions, did you make sure the part that was to be inserted was aligned correctly as it shows?

Here’s a selection of 2015 automatic shifter assemblies on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...313&_odkw=2015+ford+mustang+automatic+shifter
Yes I followed instructions to the T. I have not yet talked to white madness garage. It just seems odd it comes with 2 of the plastic peices like they are expecting one to break. I can get assembly brand new from ford dealer online for 148 and my local shop said 125 to install the assembly. I just want them to refund my money and I will go with there automatic conversion kit instead of the shorter shaft one. Also the instructions you showed are for the normal length one. I didn't get that one but real similar in install.
Sponsored