OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I wouldn't leave the dealership sideways or anything. Break it in correctly, get the oil changed then drive it till the CF wheels fall off.
I'm probably just going to sell it at a slight loss, I talked to another guy interested in it last night that owns a 2016 and a new GT500 CFTP and he said he is on his 3rd engine in the 2016 but he just loves them.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I'm probably just going to sell it at a slight loss, I talked to another guy interested in it last night that owns a 2016 and a new GT500 CFTP and he said he is on his 3rd engine in the 2016 but he just loves them.
Update us with some pics when you get a chance.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

LOL of course he's on his third engine!!!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
this thread.......

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I'm still very undecided about the OP.
I mean I'm just assuming OP found a good deal on a HEP to flip, did all the right things not even registering it, but screwed up and drove it and now has to take the L. The only scenario that makes sense, so not really crying any tears personally

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I mean I'm just assuming OP found a good deal on a HEP to flip, did all the right things not even registering it, but screwed up and drove it and now has to take the L. The only scenario that makes sense, so not really crying any tears personally
I mean that's partially true, I just didn't think driving it one time was going to brand it with a carfax hit for a blown engine lol. If I was a betting man I'm just saying I wouldn't put down a lot of coin on the voodoo engine being a symbol of reliability 10 years from now. More of a race engine like some of the BMW M engines where con rod bearings at 90k miles is normal maintenance.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Just left the dealer, I feel a lot better about it now. The tech that did the job I knew from WAY back when I grew up in this town he is a long time Ford guy probably 40 years turning wrenches. I dropped the front splitter off to have them install because I want this thing in all its glory for the maiden voyage home. I'll pick it up at the end of the week. But they honestly did a great job from what I could see right now. There was a little coolant left on the radiator bracket but otherwise clean.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just left the dealer, I feel a lot better about it now. The tech that did the job I knew from WAY back when I grew up in this town he is a long time Ford guy probably 40 years turning wrenches. I dropped the front splitter off to have them install because I want this thing in all its glory for the maiden voyage home. I'll pick it up at the end of the week. But they honestly did a great job from what I could see right now. There was a little coolant left on the radiator bracket but otherwise clean.
I'm probably not the only one who hopes it blows on you again.

Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Unrelated @mk1spyder but I'd love to get the chassis # and last 4 digits of the VIN for the spreadsheet. Aiming to get as many Heritage chassis #s as possible. Thanks

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Turns out the mechanic could put is back together and it works just fine, who would have thought? Ford fixed it in under 20 days................................damn them.

It might be just a theory, but you posted all sorts of hate for this car here and then offered it for sale to people for higher that retail price and you seem surprised they declined to by it. I'm betting your greed has more to do with them declining the purchase than the actual replaced engine.

Since you had seven customers did you try and charge a "buyers premium" like Mecum?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I mean that's partially true, I just didn't think driving it one time was going to brand it with a carfax hit for a blown engine lol. If I was a betting man I'm just saying I wouldn't put down a lot of coin on the voodoo engine being a symbol of reliability 10 years from now. More of a race engine like some of the BMW M engines where con rod bearings at 90k miles is normal maintenance.
Many cars, especially performance cars have a few bad apples. You rolled the dice and lost. Same reason I don't drive cars after I decide to sell them....risk of damage.

I'm probably not the only one who hopes it blows on you again.
1607525275056.png

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
This isnt any "proof" for what you said which was:

"The ecoboost 4 cylinders are junk (see short production run of Focus RS), they blow up left and right."

Firstly, gasket failures happen on all engines, especially open deck blocks which some of the ecoboost are.
In other groups im in such as the Volvo group, T5 five cylinder engines can develop this problem as well as numerous other cars with open deck blocks. Yet overall they are still good reliable engines, they just have a certain way that they mostly fail.

There are HUGE numbers of these cars around with no issues. So of course there will be issues and of course they will tend to fail in the same manner.
This isnt the same thing as say a Ford Powershift transmission that had known design flaws. Ecoboost engines are still in production and will continue to do so since the amount of failures are relatively small compared to the total manufactered.

There is no manufacturer out there, using turbo open deck blocks that dont have head gasket failures. That is the downside of this design, with the upside being cheaper costs due to less materials, lighter weight and better cooling.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
This isnt any "proof" for what you said which was:

"The ecoboost 4 cylinders are junk (see short production run of Focus RS), they blow up left and right."

Firstly, gasket failures happen on all engines, especially open deck blocks which some of the ecoboost are.
In other groups im in such as the Volvo group, T5 five cylinder engines can develop this problem as well as numerous other cars with open deck blocks. Yet overall they are still good reliable engines, they just have a certain way that they mostly fail.

There are HUGE numbers of these cars around with no issues. So of course there will be issues and of course they will tend to fail in the same manner.
This isnt the same thing as say a Ford Powershift transmission that had known design flaws. Ecoboost engines are still in production and will continue to do so since the amount of failures are relatively small compared to the total manufactered.

There is no manufacturer out there, using turbo open deck blocks that dont have head gasket failures. That is the downside of this design, with the upside being cheaper costs due to less materials, lighter weight and better cooling.
Not to mention when they used the wrong head gaskets on this run of engines. They realized it and made a recall and fixed them
Sponsored