Sponsored

Weird Stereo Glitch...

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I bought my 350 used with approx 6000kkms on it and the previous owner upgraded the stereo with an amp and sub off to the side in the trunk.
The stereo sounds pretty good but 3 times now I'll get cracking through the pass door speaker.. what's really strange is that the last couple of times it continued crackling even when the stereo was turned off! Im thinking this has something to do with the sound enhancement fake engine noise thing?? If I unplug the microphone at the rear of the headliner will this issue go away? I was told it may be over sensitive to the louder than factory exhaust as well as the sub in the stereo. thx
Sponsored

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I bought my 350 used with approx 6000kkms on it and the previous owner upgraded the stereo with an amp and sub off to the side in the trunk.
The stereo sounds pretty good but 3 times now I'll get cracking through the pass door speaker.. what's really strange is that the last couple of times it continued crackling even when the stereo was turned off! Im thinking this has something to do with the sound enhancement fake engine noise thing?? If I unplug the microphone at the rear of the headliner will this issue go away? I was told it may be over sensitive to the louder than factory exhaust as well as the sub in the stereo. thx
Are you sure your stereo is aftermarket? Bought my 2019 new and the electronics package contains the upgraded stereo that contains a sub and amp bolted to the passenger side of the trunk. Not sure on the crackling you're hearing and how the mic and fake exhaust sounds play in.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

The stereo and speakers remain powered after you turn the car off for a period of time. It sounds like you may need to adjust your gain on your aftermarket amp, as it may reduce the crackling you hear.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's been 4 years since I turned off that piped in noise using the Forscan software and an OBD2 scanner thingy. If you don't turn it off, it will always fuck with your audio in a bad way. The stock audio in the 350 is bad enough already without the "enhancement". There's a sticky thread in this forum that can give you instructions on how to. Thank me later.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
There is no microphone in the rear on the GT350's like on the other mustang versions. It is electronically generated, can be disabled with Forscan.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am actually having this same exact issue. I've noticed mine will start as soon as the radio's display lights up (as in opening the door). Happens whether or not the radio is on, adjusting the volume doesn't seem to impact the volume of the static and only comes from the lower speaker on the passenger side door. I've sat in the car without touching anything after shutting the car off and the static will continue until the radio display goes black, about 30 seconds or so after the car is shut off.

My stereo is 100% stock and have never touched it at all. I keep meaning to bring it to the dealership to have it diagnosed but keep forgetting. I'm curious if this is related to the fake engine noise as well. I've had my car for 2 1/2 years and would say this has been an issue for close to a year now. Exhaust is stock aside from a resonator delete that was done about 2 years ago.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yup just pulled down my headliner and theres no mic. Is this something the dealer can disable? I'll look for the forscan sticky... but from what I've seen it looks like it might be over my head lol

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Had a look, pretty cool what can be changed... Id like to eliminate the seatbelt chimes, double horn honk and have the exhaust default to open on start up. Can the dealer do these changes?

TuckerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am actually having this same exact issue. I've noticed mine will start as soon as the radio's display lights up (as in opening the door). Happens whether or not the radio is on, adjusting the volume doesn't seem to impact the volume of the static and only comes from the lower speaker on the passenger side door. I've sat in the car without touching anything after shutting the car off and the static will continue until the radio display goes black, about 30 seconds or so after the car is shut off.

My stereo is 100% stock and have never touched it at all. I keep meaning to bring it to the dealership to have it diagnosed but keep forgetting. I'm curious if this is related to the fake engine noise as well. I've had my car for 2 1/2 years and would say this has been an issue for close to a year now. Exhaust is stock aside from a resonator delete that was done about 2 years ago.

I have this issue. dealer as replaced a few things but still not resolved. Did you get to the bottom of the cause of it ?

Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have this issue. dealer as replaced a few things but still not resolved. Did you get to the bottom of the cause of it ?
It magically went away a while back. No clue how/why, but I’m glad it did. Sorry to hear the dealer hasn’t been able to resolve yours.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Mine was weird today…it’s been in the garage over a week. Started up, went outside from underground and had it on Xm, well it did a long update but then I had no sound at all, no music and no clicks for the touchscreen. Even tried FM and AM, not a sound even though the display was working fine. So I drove to a spot to go to a store. Turned the car totally off, then started it…and the sound came back on.
Sponsored