Sponsored

weird shift to 2nd 6spd man.

azchadwick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt prem, perf package, White 6spd
Hey guys was wondering if other people are experiencing a weird shift from first to second gear.. almost like it wants to kick it out..synchros feel fine . i mean she has 700 miles on her have only got on her a few times.. but every day i drive it feels like it does not want to go into second gear. if that makes sense

any advice?

p.s not my first manual car haha
Sponsored

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
i think i have experienced the same thing it almost feels like something is grinding before it goes in to gear?

coronabeerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I have also experienced this. From 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Doesn't happen every time. I thought it was just me.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
IIRC The 2011 Stangs with the MT82 had this kind of issue early on. Is it when the transmission is cold? I would look up the videos on Youtube of peoples early problems.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Yup it happens with all manuals when the trans fluid is cold, it happened in my old car too. Best way to fix it is either wait for the car to warm up or switch to redline or similar trans fluid. Cheers.

Sponsored

Runamuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i think i have experienced the same thing it almost feels like something is grinding before it goes in to gear?
It doesn't happen to me all of the time, but it does seem to occur before the vehicle is fully warmed up. It's hard to explain because it's not really a grinding feel like missing a gear, but it's definitely off.

Swagthony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Mine did something weird only going into second gear too! It was 2 weird little thud sounds.

OP
OP

azchadwick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt prem, perf package, White 6spd
so red line synthetic oil will solve this? it is super annoying and only 1st to 2nd gear

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Several threads on this in the Transmission & Drivetrain section. There are also several of us experiencing the same or similar issues.
Sponsored