10R80 Grinding Noise 1st to 2nd

Bmt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
So I am having a strange issue with noise coming from what seems to be the transmission in my 2019 Mustang. The noise is most apparent shifting from 2nd to 1st almost coming to a stop during braking or decelerating. I can replicate the exact noise when paddle shifting between the gears while the car is stationary per the video beginning at 0:15. Apologies if this issue has already been addressed and would really appreciate any help or confirmation this is normal. Thanks!

Sponsored

RadBadMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi @Bmt
I am having the same thing on my 10 speed as well. Did you ever follow up on this noise and get any information?

OP
OP

Bmt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hey @RadBadMan took it to the dealership for the issue and they had replaced the transmission valve body but the noise still persists. I am going back to the dealership tomorrow morning for the noise and will post the results of a possible fix

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey @RadBadMan took it to the dealership for the issue and they had replaced the transmission valve body but the noise still persists. I am going back to the dealership tomorrow morning for the noise and will post the results of a possible fix
When you take it there, request that the Service Writer, a Tech or Shop Supervisor come for a ride so you can demo the sound/issue. Make sure the ride is long enough to demo the issue, no 2 minute "around the block" trip where you can't replicate the issue. Then after you get it to make the noise, let them drive it back so they experience it for themselves under the same conditions.

If you just drop it off by telling them there's a noise, 9x out of 10, they'll return it saying they could. It replicate the issue.

Sponsored

RadBadMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
i started to think the noise was normal because my brothers raptor with the 10 speed does the same thing. But I still have clunkyness and lunging when slowing to a stop

SergioDiego

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergiu
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Any news about this problem ? Can the pump be the issue ?
Sponsored