Sponsored

Water spot removal

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I have spot's all over the pass side of the car (including trunk and hood) i just can't seem to get rid of them. I tried 3m eraser but that barely worked a little and only on the trunk. I'm thinking I want to clay and wax so maybe that will remove them? I have one pic for an idea

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
distilled white vinegar. warm it up, put it in a spray bottle, spray, rub, repeat. if rubbing with a cloth makes you nervous do it with your finger for a while first. Its gonna seem it doesnt work at first but keep at it, 2 or 3 minutes and its gone.
I have a friend who details and he actually goes at it with and orbital and a buffing pad with the vinegar. I dont dare but ive seen him do it and its waaaay faster

OP
OP
Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
distilled white vinegar. warm it up, put it in a spray bottle, spray, rub, repeat. if rubbing with a cloth makes you nervous do it with your finger for a while first. Its gonna seem it doesnt work at first but keep at it, 2 or 3 minutes and its gone.
I have a friend who details and he actually goes at it with and orbital and a buffing pad with the vinegar. I dont dare but ive seen him do it and its waaaay faster
I'll give that a shot tonight!

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Doing it in the baking sun actually helps things move along. Actually had to do it this morning. Didnt warm it up and it took a bit longer rubbing with finger, wiping, spraying and then with cloth repeat but sure enough its gone.
When rubbing with the towel be sure to spray the car and the towel.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
There is one product that works great. I mistakenly left my car next so a sprinkler for about a week while I went on vacation and the trunk and rear windshield were completely covered in water spots. Vinegar and other home remedies did nothing so I picked this up and after 2 treatments they are completely gone(Needed a second treatment because I missed a bunch of spots here and there)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K71AZRU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The carpro stuff is what my detailer just used on my car....not a single water spot to be found now. I had use some of the Optimum gel MDR and it took a ton of elbow grease just to clear off a 1 foot circle on my hood.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Carpro Spotless works great. If that doesn't remove them then they are etched into the clearcoat and you'll have to use a light polish.

Sponsored

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
The vinegar suggestion is the easiest and cheapest. The water spots are actually mineral deposits that have formed on the paint from when the water evaporated. Vinegar breaks up the mineral deposits, the side effect is that you car will smell like a pickle for a while :lol:

OP
OP
Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Vinegar worked well, I was only able to find one real tough spot left on the car so i'm happy with the results.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT