Sponsored

Water/Meth for Daily Driving?

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
not helpful, but I have a devils own kit I'm trying to get rid of cheap from my 335i
Sponsored

larindeesjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Manual
I run meth injection on both my mustang and my F150 ecoboost. I alternate driving them back and forth to work. Last year I drove the mustang about 6000 mi and the F150 about 8000 mi. I put the meth kit on my mustang and a week later decided I have to have one for the F150 too. That was last August. I use SCT for tuning on both. I mix my own meth buying a 5 gal M-1 can from the local fuel supply for about $27. I bought a 2 gal gas can and simply put a gallon of distilled water in it then fill it the rest of the way with M-1. I just purchased my second can so they last about 3-4 months. I top off the meth reservoir every time I fill up and it's usually about 1/3 empty. I would say it's closest bang for the buck on these cars to a tune. I'm not a big proponent of dynos, but my mph in the 1/8 mi has picked up about 2 mph. My wife drove the Mustang after the meth kit and is pissed because I haven't put one on her CTS-V.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
larindeesjr good on topic post. I was starting to wonder if anybody ran meth on their DD

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I have about 3-4 customers that run methanol on their daily driver, soon (next week) 26 of my customers will have my Meth kit and be running it on their daily driver ;)

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I have about 3-4 customers that run methanol on their daily driver, soon (next week) 26 of my customers will have my Meth kit and be running it on their daily driver ;)
Very nice. Meth injection is new to me. I kinda assumed it was a special occasion(track) type of thing. I'm happy to hear others are using it for their DD.

Sponsored

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Including me, I'll be running as a DD. I'm still on the fence about buying boost juice or trying to track down somewhere local I can buy straight meth for cheap. I want to keep costs down. I like how it kicks in after a certain boost level

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Damn.. I'll be on vacation in Florida for the next 2.5 weeks. I'll have to have my gf send me pics of the kit when it arrives.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I really want to hear from those who are currently using water/meth, or have used it in the past, as a daily driver. I'm concerned about the on-going cost of buying meth and the day to day PITA factor(if there is one) of using a water/meth system.
I currently run the AEM WMI kit in my car. It hold about a gallon in the tank. Ive had it installed for probably 5 months and only used about 1 3/4 gallons. Plus it isn't too expensive. You can get 4 gallons of boost juice for about $40.

Also I start to partially spray at 8lbs and full spray at 15lbs of boost.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I currently run the AEM WMI kit in my car. It hold about a gallon in the tank. Ive had it installed for probably 5 months and only used about 1 3/4 gallons. Plus it isn't too expensive. You can get 4 gallons of boost juice for about $40.

Also I start to partially spray at 8lbs and full spray at 15lbs of boost.
Nice. So it sounds like if I stay out of the boost on my hum drum commute to work, I'll also stay out of the Meth. And the Meth is always at hand (or foot!) when I feel the need for speed.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Nice. So it sounds like if I stay out of the boost on my hum drum commute to work, I'll also stay out of the Meth. And the Meth is always at hand (or foot!) when I feel the need for speed.
Exactly! I just take it easy now.. The first gallon i went through fast lol. But most of them will have a controller of some sort so you can always turn the starting and full spray way up and it will never start to spray as well. Im currently not tuned for it so idk if when your tuned it has to stay at a certain spray point. But it seems to last a long time for me!

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
If you don't want to run meth, turn it off and switch maps. You can do it on the fly with my kit and Cobb. Then you don't have to "stay out of it" you can drive it on your pump gas tune.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! I just take it easy now.. The first gallon i went through fast lol. But most of them will have a controller of some sort so you can always turn the starting and full spray way up and it will never start to spray as well. Im currently not tuned for it so idk if when your tuned it has to stay at a certain spray point. But it seems to last a long time for me!
I know you guys are team Lund but if you buy an Accessport I'll tune your car for free and you can post up the results. Matt hit me up the other day to sell my bolt in meth kits but I haven't heard back from him.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
If you don't want to run meth, turn it off and switch maps. You can do it on the fly with my kit and Cobb. Then you don't have to "stay out of it" you can drive it on your pump gas tune.
I have the SCT for tuning so I don't have that on the fly switching luxury. So my meth and tuning would be how I rolled all the time.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I have the SCT for tuning so I don't have that on the fly switching luxury. So my meth and tuning would be how I rolled all the time.
No it doesn't, you can turn it off and then stop, flash your car to a pump gas tune and then go. It sucks, but that is what you get for buying SCT. :frusty:

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I know you guys are team Lund but if you buy an Accessport I'll tune your car for free and you can post up the results. Matt hit me up the other day to sell my bolt in meth kits but I haven't heard back from him.
I already have the AP. I've had it for awhile. I don't have the map switching or anything like that available for my older model as well. I just rather run meth 24/7. It's cheap enough and doesn't use enough for it to be a big deal for me. He's gone for the day so I will let him know tomorrow about that. Also I run the AEM V2.
Sponsored