Sponsored

Water/Meth for Daily Driving?

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I really want to hear from those who are currently using water/meth, or have used it in the past, as a daily driver. I'm concerned about the on-going cost of buying meth and the day to day PITA factor(if there is one) of using a water/meth system.
Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Do you currently have a tune? If you are using Cobb just contact Adam on here and read his latest threads.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm tuned , SCT and have scoured all meth threads. Really want to hear about the experience guys have daily driving it.

m4udin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
From everything I've read in the meth threads I personally don't see water/meth being something I'd use on my DD as long as I'm SCT tuned. The Cobb map switching feature would make it much more DD friendly, should something happen.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
From everything I've read in the meth threads I personally don't see water/meth being something I'd use on my DD as long as I'm SCT tuned. The Cobb map switching feature would make it much more DD friendly, should something happen.
Yeah that's why I asked what tune. I agree.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yeah that's why I asked what tune. I agree.
That's the great thing about Adams kit and the Cobb, u don't have to always run it. Just pick and choose when u want it on or off and switch maps on the fly. Doesn't get any better than That

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
That's the great thing about Adams kit and the Cobb, u don't have to always run it. Just pick and choose when u want it on or off and switch maps on the fly. Doesn't get any better than That
Yea that is a cool feature. I'm thinking if you're not running Cobb your meth is pretty much on all of the time. I'm curious to hear from guys that are doing that...meth 24/7.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What do you mean by "your meth is pretty much on all of the time"? When and how much methanol the system injects is based on the defined boost thresholds.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I mean the system is active, not that you are always injecting meth.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Why would you want to disable the system? If you run out of meth, don't get into boost.

Sponsored

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
I'm sure with the sct you can use a tune with wm or without, it's just not on fly like Cobb, I have sct and I plan to run it when I want, for engine cleaning, or if I'm going to be doing some aggressive driving, as far as steam cleaning engine and deposits I think it's a great thing to have, talk to Torrie I'm sure he can give you some pointers.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
My failsafe setup in my kit works with any tuner, you just lose the ability to switch between pump gas and pump gas/meth tunes on the fly. You can still be tuned with meth and have a separate file for it. When you have the meth system off, you will have to get our your SCT device and reflash the car to your pump gas map.

Meth is only injected above a certain boost level, so it's not on all the time, so daily driving my kit is just fine, you won't have any issues.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Why would you want to disable the system? If you run out of meth, don't get into boost.
I want to hear from people using meth on their daily driver to see if it's something for me, not debate hypotheticals. So far I'm not hearing much.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I want to hear from people using meth on their daily driver to see if it's something for me, not debate hypotheticals. So far I'm not hearing much.
I've used Meth on a daily driver and it was one of the best hp mods for the money, I plan on running it on the Mustang as well. If you think Meth is not for you or you need to be convinced by a forum audience to run it then just don't use it.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
First half of your post helpful info...second half not so much.
Sponsored