Sponsored

Meth/Water Injection

tbirdsc

Threads
Reaction score
Surprised no one has brought this up yet, anybody gonna go for a meth/water injection kit. I have looked at SNOW performance kits they seem pretty good. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
it has been mentioned in a few threads. dont think really a lot to say till people start getting their cars..

have a friend that used snow on his supercharged rx8.. he was very happy with the snow stuff..

beers

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Water/Meth is a great alternative to e85 due to its availability.

The kits are pretty fault-proof and provide great gains on even a stock turbo setup. Also keeps the engine nice and clean. My buddy had water/meth on his 335i and made serious power.

OP
OP

tbirdsc

Threads
Reaction score
Yea Im gonna give it a while let them build a specific kit for it instead of getting a universal one

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Turbo noobie...how much $$$ for water/meth kit. DIY friendly? What kinda gains with this mod? Thanks

Sponsored

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Turbo noobie...how much $$$ for water/meth kit. DIY friendly? What kinda gains with this mod? Thanks
Around 800$. Fairly easy to install. Gains will depend but id say it will be the best bang for buck out of the gate.

Its similar to nitrous in that your spraying a mist into your air/fuel mixture. water/meth is just a way to cool and make power and opposed to making more boom in your engine like nitrous.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
it is better used as protection. you can tune to it but i dont think it is worth the risk.. hell if it was not for direct injection i would not bother unless i decided to get a tune..

beers

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
it is better used as protection. you can tune to it but i dont think it is worth the risk.. hell if it was not for direct injection i would not bother unless i decided to get a tune..

beers

I know at least one person with a turbo 3.7 Mustang who blew the engine when the meth pump failed. He was definitely pushing the limits but the tune was spot on.

Threads
Reaction score
I know there are kits that have fail safes so that when meth flow is interrupted it automatically goes into a super safe mode to prevent damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Alky Control makes one of the best kits. I have used it on several cars but I don't tune for it in case of pump failure. On my last 76mm Turbo GTO I used it as a safety device. I had a wideband 02 sensor as well so I could up the boost a pound or 2 when needed and turn up the meth by monitoring the gauge to make sure I was still in the 11-11.5 AFR range. Usually just used it on a low setting to keep things cool and avoid detonation on hot days.

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I know at least one person with a turbo 3.7 Mustang who blew the engine when the meth pump failed. He was definitely pushing the limits but the tune was spot on.
spot on for what running meth? as i said i would only use it as protection.

beers

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
From what I see on the C7 forums, many who supercharge also add the Alky Control kit. They use it as a safeguard, and if the meth fails they make less power but don't have reliability issues. Many of the shops seem to recommend that kit. I don't know anything about it other than what I've seen on forums.

-T
Sponsored