Sponsored

Wanted: MID 11's stealth recipe

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Actually, it's the opposite mate...you do not.

Quarter is a quarter mile 402,336 meters - no matter where on the moon or on mars. So are we trying to measure a "quarter time" or "drag strip time"?
If your friend's car runs 12 at the track it means it runs 12 in reality, if it runs 13.1 with the track apps on the street it means he can do around 12.9 on the street - simple. Because it sucks on the street. Does it mean we can't race outside the drag strip? Hell no! Your car will spent 95% of it's life on the street so for me the street time is more important.

Drag strip can improve your time drastically.

If I ever put aftermarket wheels I can easily reprogram the size with ForScan for free. Tire size should be programmed correctly otherwise your ABS and TRACTION CONTROL may not work properly.

Still failing to understand the point I'm making so I'll make it simple for you, no measurements in meters here. You add mods to your car, a bunch , a few , whatever. Longtubes? Maybe throw some E 85 too Throw sticky tires on the car, maybe skinnies up front. You put on your track apps throw in quarter mile launch the car and beat the hell out of it powershifting whatever you gotta do. Your running 13s in track app that is supposed to give your True quarter mile time. I think that's called inaccurate. You don't put on track apps and say my cars a 13 second car when ideally it's low 12 or high 11s . What is so accurate about a second off? The only way to tell an accurate quarter mile time is go to the dragstrip. Also abs and traction control work perfectly fine while tire size are different. Never had issues
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Reason for asking cause I got 12.02 @ 116mph, shifting at 7200, D/A 700ft, 235 P-zeros @ 20 psi rear, 32psi front, big burn out, nannies off, 23 celcius temp, 35% humidity. On a 'private' road. Looks to be quick too me?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Might not be exactly the same from track app to actual track but if you're comparing mods to see how they perform then doing a run on the same stretch of road is not a bad idea.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Reason for asking cause I got 12.02 @ 116mph, shifting at 7200, D/A 700ft, 235 P-zeros @ 20 psi rear, 32psi front, big burn out, nannies off, 23 celcius temp, 35% humidity. On a 'private' road. Looks to be quick too me?
12.02s measurred with what?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. no drag strip. Don't wanna go to the strip yet cause I havn't installed my
Ford Racing halfshafts.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh sorry, with the 'track app' Also, my bad 12.20. Not 12.02.. lil fast on the typing lol.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
LOL i had a glimpsing hope, i saw you are in Canada, and figured hey maybe Winnipeg is near Montreal or something, I have my GT350 setup (intake manifold, throttle body, and cold air intake) sitting on my shelf, and I am in need of 3.31 gears for my whipple setup. Was going to suggest a swap of some sort plus cash. But then....

I google mapped it, yea, not gonna happen, youre WAYYY far from CT.

Look forward to your results. I am not too sure why there is so much fan fare about trying to run a mid 11 on $2000. basically tires (SLICKS), small shot of nitrous, and a tune and thought you could do it? I didnt think you needed half shafts if you ran full slicks?

Sponsored

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Easy, 75 shot, tune, boost a pump, and slicks. Tune it on pump........ that was easy and under 2k. If you can drive, you might can lauch on tire without breaking. If you can't, it may get more expensive quickly.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
LOL i had a glimpsing hope, i saw you are in Canada, and figured hey maybe Winnipeg is near Montreal or something, I have my GT350 setup (intake manifold, throttle body, and cold air intake) sitting on my shelf, and I am in need of 3.31 gears for my whipple setup. Was going to suggest a swap of some sort plus cash. But then....

I google mapped it, yea, not gonna happen, youre WAYYY far from CT.

Look forward to your results. I am not too sure why there is so much fan fare about trying to run a mid 11 on $2000. basically tires (SLICKS), small shot of nitrous, and a tune and thought you could do it? I didnt think you needed half shafts if you ran full slicks?
I have no probs paying shipping.. Whatcha figure for what you listed? You have 3.73's? Shoot me a price minus my 3.31's.

Half shafts cause I coudn't pass on the price.

Easy, 75 shot, tune, boost a pump, and slicks. Tune it on pump........ that was easy and under 2k. If you can drive, you might can lauch on tire without breaking. If you can't, it may get more expensive quickly.
Was thinking a 100 shot. Those F.A.S.T. guys seem to launch no problem on 6.5" wide tires bias ply tires and 700hp with a stick lol.

Anyways that Chevy is down and out (motor blew) But now I have a '11 supercharged S-197 with 470 whp gunning for me.. mexican style.
One thing I noticed, most S197 guys do not like my s550 :doh::lol::thumbsup:

Yet I'm always surrounded by them :crazy:
Sponsored

Last edited: